Clothes and weight loss

Options
2»

Replies

• KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I have lost a shoe size as well! My boobies are now smaller too..that dosent bother me like my butt..lol...
  • KetoLady86
    Options
    Kimo159 wrote: »
    KetoLady86 wrote: »
    Lol! Congrats kimo! My butt is gone...so I am so not used to that! I cant do skirts, I would love to, but Im short, and my waiste is so high..I look like an oompa loompa

My boobs went missing, my bum is bigger though because I bulked (unintentionally :s ) while running a glute focused lifting program. If you ever want to try lifting, strong curves or get glutes will be your best friend. :)

I have been looking into some type of glute workout...even a few squats a day
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Lol! Congrats kimo! My butt is gone...so I am so not used to that! I cant do skirts, I would love to, but Im short, and my waiste is so high..I look like an oompa loompa

My boobs went missing, my bum is bigger though because I bulked (unintentionally :s ) while running a glute focused lifting program. If you ever want to try lifting, strong curves or get glutes will be your best friend. :)

Squats are fine, but lunges actually work better for glutes. What a lot of people don't realize is that you actually have to out conscious effort into activating the glutes during squatting, until you establish better mind-muscle connection. One of the better ways I've heard for doing so is to regularly flex your glutes, hold for three seconds, and release. It worked wonders for my activation, and you can do it at any time, anywhere, though you should probably be standing or sitting, as it will make you walk funny.
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options

Squats are fine, but lunges actually work better for glutes. What a lot of people don't realize is that you actually have to out conscious effort into activating the glutes during squatting, until you establish better mind-muscle connection. One of the better ways I've heard for doing so is to regularly flex your glutes, hold for three seconds, and release. It worked wonders for my activation, and you can do it at any time, anywhere, though you should probably be standing or sitting, as it will make you walk funny.

Yep!! Squats actually aggravated my hip because my glute activation was so poor. This is a common problem. Banded clamshells, weighted hip thrusts and glute bridges, band kick backs, band adductions, these were all huge in getting my glutes to where they're at. I can now squat without hip pain too (yay!). I also regularly flex my glutes while sitting at work or walking around. Nobody has mentioned me walking funny (yet at least).
  • KetoLady86
    Options

Hahahahhaha
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    dmariet116 wrote: »
    Congrats on the weight loss! You can always check out the thrift stores to help during the transition so as to not spend a lot of money on clothes that will end up not fitting properly in a few months.

I counsel staying thrift even after (you think) you've hit goal.

Everyone will think you're eccentric by then anyhow (most of us here probably are B) ), and you can spend the $ you save on some really nice LC treats, like a pile of fresh sockeye and some top-shelf booze. Mmmmmm......
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    @KetoLady86 what I do to practice glute activation is pretend I'm holding in a poop while standing in line for things. :p

Haahaaa!

What if you forget and relax?
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    @KetoLady86 what I do to practice glute activation is pretend I'm holding in a poop while standing in line for things. :p

Haahaaa!

What if you forget and relax?

Well then...I usually have an extra pair of pants in my bag from the gym so at least I got back up!

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    bametels wrote: »
    I haven't lost a shoe size but my already very narrow feet are now too narrow for most shoes. When I was much younger and thinner, you could buy narrow width shoes in most stores. Today, there are lots of wide width shoes but narrow width are hard to come by except in expensive stores. :/

Same issue here... when I was heavier I could fit a normal B width ok, but now at my maintenance weight I take A or even AA again. I often have to end up buying European shoes as they are often cut narrower. NOT cheap unfortunately, and I have a lot of shoes, lol. My dad was a shoemaker trained in Italy as his first job, so he collects shoes too.
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Yikes, I hope I never go down a shoe size. Size 5.5 is hard enough to find. Any smaller and I'll have to buy my own cobbler's bench.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,570 Member
    Options
    Yikes, I hope I never go down a shoe size. Size 5.5 is hard enough to find. Any smaller and I'll have to buy my own cobbler's bench.

Youth shoes! I wear a women's 11 and often just buy men's 9.5 or 10s, which can be a little wide but have way more selection than you will ever find in a women's 11.

My son is a size 13 men's and he really needs a B width, but that's near impossible, so his good runner's for cross country are 13B, his everyday sneaks are 13D in the narrowest style we could find (a Nike laceup). He absolutely cannot wear slip on shoes of any sort, or skate style shoes, etc
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    The only shoe I like is a flip flop. They're weight gain/loss proof.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Not only is my feet narrower but I have gone from a size 6 to a 5 and some size 5 are now even too large. I don't really want to end up as a 4.5. I wouldn't mind loosing some calf size though to fit into some of the cool knee high boots out there.
  • TraceyScullion
    TraceyScullion Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »

Nope! I'm now walking out of my Ugg flipflops because the leather bands are all too big now.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »

Nope! I'm now walking out of my Ugg flipflops because the leather bands are all too big now.

LOL. I stick to the $1.99 kind of flip flops. I don't know about leather. B)
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    Not only is my feet narrower but I have gone from a size 6 to a 5 and some size 5 are now even too large. I don't really want to end up as a 4.5. I wouldn't mind loosing some calf size though to fit into some of the cool knee high boots out there.

Welcome to my world. In my younger days (slightly after the surface of the Earth cooled) sizes 4.5 and 5 were the sample sizes. So not only was my size 5 easy to find, at the end of the season I made out like a bandit on sample sales.

That was then. This is now, when many manufacturers don't even make any shoe smaller than 6. I buy almost all my shoes online but only from retailers who have brick and mortar stores in my area. I can try the shoes on at home and as long as they haven't been worn outside or scuffed up they can be returned with no problem and no fiddling around with return mailings. You may have a wider selection of your size where you live -- congratulations if so. I recently had to scramble to get shoes for a wedding because we only had six weeks advance notice.