Weight loss is so slow

tmbg1
tmbg1 Posts: 1,270 Member
I am working on truly honest logging and exercise.. Still the weight wants to hang on to me... I think it's working... Just soooo slow!! Just needed to vent.

Replies

• deholm
    deholm Posts: 11 Member
    I know exactly how you feel! And with my low thyroid it's not budging at all! So with my clean eating n lifting weights n cardio...now what?
  • slimstrauss
    slimstrauss Posts: 209 Member
    Understand how you feel, have the same problem, my weight has refused to budge no matter what I try, whether I weigh correctly, eat healthily exercise etc, maybe I'm not eating enough, but I'm only a small person, any suggestions?
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    deholm wrote: »
    I know exactly how you feel! And with my low thyroid it's not budging at all! So with my clean eating n lifting weights n cardio...now what?

You might be counting calories already, to make sure that you're maintaining a deficit, the most important part of weight loss, and simply not have mentioned it.
  • lithezebra
    Understand how you feel, have the same problem, my weight has refused to budge no matter what I try, whether I weigh correctly, eat healthily exercise etc, maybe I'm not eating enough, but I'm only a small person, any suggestions?

How many calories a day are you eating, what is your average activity level, and how many minutes a week do you exercise? I'm small, moderately active, hypothyroid, get about 180 minutes of cardio per week, strength train twice a week, and I'm maintaining my goal weight on 1450 calories a day. I lose if I consistently cut down to about 1200 a day.

Eating more protein makes me happier about eating 1450 cal a day.
  • deholm
    deholm Posts: 11 Member
    Well I just started a new program of lifting weights 6 x a wk, cardio 4 x wk, eating clean n no carbs after 3 pm. After 4 wks I've lost 1 pound...WOW!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Even if the actual numbers on the scale don't decrease, you know that you're more fit and muscular and that you have more endurance. It's all good !!!!
  • rbelfiore0262
    rbelfiore0262 Posts: 37 Member
    I just started back to really honestly tracking everything that goes into my mouth. I also just started an exercise routine. For the past 4 months I was gaining about 2-3 pounds a week! Do you think it is better to weigh yourselves every day or every week?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    I just started back to really honestly tracking everything that goes into my mouth. I also just started an exercise routine. For the past 4 months I was gaining about 2-3 pounds a week! Do you think it is better to weigh yourselves every day or every week?

I'm a firm believer in weighing daily. And recently heard a study that said daily weighers weigh less on average and are more likely to make good decisions about their meals.
  • lithezebra
    I don't weigh myself very often, however I track my waist measurement closely, along with the fit of my tightest jeans, which aren't very tight at the moment. I can see the value of daily weighings. I only weigh myself on the medical scale at my gym, and I'm not at the gym at the same time every day. My weight fluctuates a fair amount during the course of a day.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    lithezebra wrote: »
    I don't weigh myself very often, however I track my waist measurement closely, along with the fit of my tightest jeans, which aren't very tight at the moment. I can see the value of daily weighings. I only weigh myself on the medical scale at my gym, and I'm not at the gym at the same time every day. My weight fluctuates a fair amount during the course of a day.

Makes sense. I have a good digital scale, and weigh after my morning pee before the shower.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    I'm with you !
  • tshirtartist
    tshirtartist Posts: 109 Member
    I'm in the same boat.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    It looks like I will lose about 1/4-1/3 lb a week ( so basically a pound a month) eating at 1300 calories a day. I hope I actually lose that much!

I hear that after menopause it actually gets a bit easier. I am hoping. . . . .
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    tigerblue wrote: »
    It looks like I will lose about 1/4-1/3 lb a week ( so basically a pound a month) eating at 1300 calories a day. I hope I actually lose that much!

I've heard that as well. A friend of mine tried to lose 50Lbs for years. Then one day (post meno) she just started losing!
  • lithezebra
    tigerblue wrote: »

I've never heard that, but YAY!!!! I like it. I certainly have mental discipline that I never had in my twenties, thirties, or forties.
  • tmbg1
    I'm on 1300 a day and I've averaged about a pound per month... It's so frustrating... Oh well at least I'm not gaining anymore
  • tigerblue
    edited August 2016
    @tmbg1 that sounds like me. I've been staying between 1300 and 1400 for almost three weeks now. When TOM leaves (yes he still comes) I hope to see at least 1/2 lb loss.

I don't want to get my hopes up though.
  • tmbg1
    @tigerblue I used to be able to lose a pound a week on 1300,.... Now the weight just hangs on.... I still have Tom but not as regular.... . I don't want to go below 1300 cause I get hangry!!
  • tigerblue
    @tmbg1 me too! I just can't stay under 1300--I can barely do 1400!

And today's weigh in (TOM is almost gone--hormones should be settling down)--I was UP 0.8 lbs. seriously????