LCHF/200+/ Looking for like-minded friends

Options
2»

Replies

• cheleonfire
    cheleonfire Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I am new to this as well. I sent you a FR.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Ugghhh...I did that math for myself....I don't like that math.
  • suzqtme
    suzqtme Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Welcome back mapooh. I've twice lost significant weight using Atkins style of eating when it was low carb but also lower in fat. I've been doing strictly LCHF for about two months with a couple of slips in there. My weight is slowly coming down (post menopause makes a difference), but I feel so much better. Ketoflu was a problem for a while, but I got help with that and now it isn't.

If I could suggest a book to read, it's Dr. Jason Fung's "The Obesity Code". That book made me really understand for the first time why eat less/move more didn't work for me. He looks at some archaic but mostly contemporary studies about diets, exercise, insulin, insulin resistance, cortisol, blood sugar, etc. I stopped feeling guilty for failing in the past.

Finding what works best for YOU is so important. I eat 20 g carb or less a day b/c I feel best that way and my fbs has come down quite a bit. Not dxd T2D, but that was coming soon. Anyway, the best to you. I will send a friend request.
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Welcome back..I've been lowcarb since may started with about 150 to loose down to about 100 to loose... I feel so good amd my BP is now normal!!!

Something different may work for different people. If it works for someone great. ...not here to judge but support!! Add me if you like
  • daiyewalker
    daiyewalker Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a LCHF with intermittent fasting, had great results with it last winter, but got derailed by holidays. I have an open diary. Feel free to add me any other keto'ers.
  • trtls88
    trtls88 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I do not have a lot to lose but must follow this woe for my body. This is best to keep fit, with bad carbs I always feel hungry :/ With fats, I eat tasty food and remain full much longer. I would like some friends too.
  • brittanykira89
    brittanykira89 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me as well. This is my second attempt at LCHF. Down 7 lbs in 12 days and still going strong. Could certainly use the support to keep me motivated this time! Hoping to lose minimum of 80 lbs in total.
  • nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Low carb for life. Down over 100lbs in 15 months. Feel free to add if you're diary is open and you log. I prune my friends list of those who stop logging.
  • carom
    carom Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! this is an awesome group with lots of advice and positiveness!! Please feel free to add me, my diary is open. I have been on and off this year but am now back with a vengeance doing keto, I have 20 kilos to lose (40+ pounds?). I log my food but not my exercise as I don't want that added to my calories allowed. Good luck :)