September Challenge?

Options

Replies

• Granchick
    Granchick Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    September is a good month to get rid of a few inches or pounds before the holidays. Like it!!
  • bensnj
    bensnj Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Great idea....the fall weather always makes me want to be outdoors, especially after this brutally hot summer☀️ I'm in
  • kfat1
    kfat1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good challenge.....ready!
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in on this!! If you guys use fit bits I'd love do is to do the challenges there too! Im pushing to get 12 or 13k a day while my current challenge groups I'm being left in the dust with their 24k a day habits!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    bensnj wrote: »
    Great idea....the fall weather always makes me want to be outdoors, especially after this brutally hot summer☀️ I'm in

In Alabama, September is still brutally hot summer, lol
  • CrispyStars3
    CrispyStars3 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I am in... ready for a good challenge.
  • redimock
    redimock Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Sounds great. Not sure if I want to dust off the old fit bit, or "step it up" in another way though....
  • trish55011
    trish55011 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I am so in! Missed the one for August because I got started with keto so late. Been waiting for the September challenge thread. So what do we do @baconslave? I would like to lose 5 lbs this month. Will there be a special challenge thread? How do these things work?
  • fancyroberts
    fancyroberts Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    ok I am tech ignorant....what is step it up? lol! ugh...
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options

I hear ya - East Texas is still pretty darn toasty too, but I gotta do this!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,966 Member
    Options

It's that way for quite awhile in TN, too. Ugh.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »

Same in my neck of the woods - September is our hottest month, high 100s to low 110s for days and days and days on end
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,966 Member
    Options
    Phrick wrote: »

Same in my neck of the woods - September is our hottest month, high 100s to low 110s for days and days and days on end

Yeaaaah. I have no room to complain. It's 90 with the nasty hot-wet-blanket humidity. The humidity is terrible and oppressive, but I can't fathom low 110s. You win. :lol:
    RowdysLady wrote: »

My sister lives in Houston. I do not envy her a bit.
  • VictoriaEllis1984
    VictoriaEllis1984 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yup, i'd love to be part of it. Coming out the other end of being ill for 4 months. I've managed to shed 24lb just by changing over to this new diet and light walking. Im now getting back in the swimming pool! I want to lose at least 4lb this month which might be hard as i'm still on 20mg of prednisolone. So please keep up the motivational posts and forgive any hunger rants I may throw in as these blimmin' steroids make you think you're about to die of starvation and the only solution is to eat the entire contents of the fridge!!! Bring it on!!!
  • sherryrichie
    sherryrichie Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'm fairly new here. I currently am exercising 7 days a week, strength and treadmill 3 days, bike 9-16 miles 4 days. I used to walk, but living in southwest Florida, it was tough to keep it up this summer. Still thinking about what I'll be stepping up.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I have moved and my steps are SERIOUSLY lacking now! I thought being further away from work would have increased my steps but the 30 minute walk to the gym in the mornings are gone now, so it has decreased my step count a lot.

Anyways, I am in!
  • lisajuly
    lisajuly Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join the challenge this month
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    Phrick wrote: »

Yeaaaah. I have no room to complain. It's 90 with the nasty hot-wet-blanket humidity. The humidity is terrible and oppressive, but I can't fathom low 110s. You win. :lol:
    RowdysLady wrote: »

My sister lives in Houston. I do not envy her a bit.

Ohhh...your sister in Houston has it WAY worse since she's on the coast the humidity there is awful. I used to go there for work a lot and hated how oppressing the weather is.
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    sleady wrote: »
    I'm in. I'm fairly new here. I currently am exercising 7 days a week, strength and treadmill 3 days, bike 9-16 miles 4 days. I used to walk, but living in southwest Florida, it was tough to keep it up this summer. Still thinking about what I'll be stepping up.

I want to be you when I grow up....all that moving is inspiring! I'm such a lazy bum.