Living the Lifestyle - Tuesday Aug. 30th

Options
2»

Replies

• StuartPW
    StuartPW Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    As a missing in action member, it is great to see so many old friends are still active in this healthy community.
  • minimyzeme
    minimyzeme Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Stuart--glad you found us! (I don't think I knew you before but GOAD's going strong in its new home.)

As for the roll call, it sorta helps me set my compass for the day. It helps me to know that no matter how different and unique we may be in other ways, we support each other in this endeavor. I have learned so much on GOAD; it is my 'goad-to' source of information 24/7!
  • jbrack381us
    jbrack381us Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough, I rarely did the roll call when I was participating and losing the first time. I do make sure and do roll call this time around. Maybe MFP boards are just easier to use with my phone than the WW boards ever were...
  • spospo1
    spospo1 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I try to do it every day. It is kind of like "punching in" (like I did for my 1st job as a busboy) for the WW lifestyle.
  • countcurt
    countcurt Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    So, if Charlie is your friendly neighbor you run into at the grocery store, I'm the neighborhood curmudgeon. >:)

I have, in the past, participated in Roll Call. It's just never been something I've gotten much out of. And since I'm here and active pretty much throughout the rest of the day, I give and get from other posts.

Which is, I suppose, the nice thing about a community- we don't all have to conform to a single set of practices in order to create a healthy home base.
  • jbrack381us
    jbrack381us Posts: 345 Member
    Options

<--- (Waiting for countcurt to come out and yell at us to get off his lawn...) :Do:)
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 6,029 Member
    Options
    Accountability for myself. Reminder to stay on board and track all my foods. Of late I usually close the board instead of opening it only because I just get started with other stuff in the way sometimes. Mostly though I like to check in first thing always have. I'm on line only so this is my little meeting for the day. I like it for the same reasons a the opening message says. Just like Al said it really says it all.
  • susan092907
    susan092907 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    It's part of my routine - I track my breakfast, often pre-track my lunch, sometimes pre-track my dinner, and check in on roll call. It helps me set my day up to be mindful of staying on plan and being part of a community that's doing the same.

I also check in daily on a maintenance accountability thread that I and a few others started a couple of years ago on the WW maintenance board. We've moved to the WWmessageboards on proboards. Checking in there helps me stay aware that I'm determined to maintain my goal weight, so I'll do what's necessary to effectuate that.