September Challenge

Options
VeryKatie
VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
Hi everyone!

I have set up the September challenge spreadsheet! We have a few new members this month, so I hope we can put some pizzazz back into the challenges. We all have goals, so let's work towards them. The link is in the group description, but here it is again.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/176VoQo1O354WMX5V56uvjDdxFLFOC_gw_NEmArQ0-FY/edit?usp=sharing

And again the past months - that I've remembered to copy over... are located in this file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HTqQXWjjDQn46w9TyQb5OGDo_-oHNUFs5fIPlZljqvs/edit?usp=sharing

Does anyone have any suggestions for the spreadsheet or for the challenge in general that might keep us more motivated?

What are your goals for September? Do you have a specific plan of action you'd like to share?

Here's mine:

Eat 1650 calories a day. Either eat back or don't eat back exercise calories - go by how I feel.
Saturday - Weights and cardio and BATCH COOK
Sunday - Cardio and BATCH COOK
Monday - Weights and yoga
Tuesday - Cardio
Wednesday - Weights and yoga
Thursday - Cardio
Friday - Rest or yoga

It's a lot to take on at once. So I will give myself a break if it takes a while to get there. But I've been watching too much TV. At least doing this would be productive.

The only way this would change is if I get pregnant in which case I will eat 1880 calories and will eat back my exercise calories.

Until I find out I'm pregnant I will try to lose 0.5 lb a week. That gets me to 130-133 lb by New Year's.

Replies

• WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    Well crap I didn't get to finish my August log. haha

I've yet to come up with anything to get us more motivated for the challenge or just in general. I'll keep thinking on it.

September Goals:
    • Work out 4 days a week minimum for at least 30 minutes
    • Have 28 out of 30 days in the deficit MFP gives me
    • Do not have any days over maintenance
    • Actually meet the weight goal in the challenge
    • Incorporate body weight training (This has been a goal for months now, I need to implement it)
    • See the 180's on the scale again
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit if you want to let me know what to fill in I can put it in the record sheet!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Thanks for putting September up @VeryKatie

My goals:
    • Stay between 1500-1650 calories 6 days per week
    • Lift weights twice per week (Hubby and I bought some of the equipment for our home gym last night! Some of it won't arrive until the 1st or 2nd week of the month though)
    • Yoga 3 times per week
    • Stealing this from @WifiresGettingFit - actually meet the challenge weight goal
    • Log ALL of my food every day!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    @WifiresGettingFit if you want to let me know what to fill in I can put it in the record sheet!

Oh that would great! Thank you! It is totally messing with me and my OCD. haha

Calories:
    8/25: 3430
    8/26: 2500
    8/27: 2908
    8/28: 2569

Workouts:
    8/26: Step
    8/27: Step
    8/28: Step

Weigh Ins:
    8/25: 189.6
    8/26: 190.2
    8/27: 190.2
    8/28: 191.6

I will be on it this month like I used to be so you won't have to do this again. haha

Great goals everyone! =)

• VeryKatie
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit Done and added :)
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HTqQXWjjDQn46w9TyQb5OGDo_-oHNUFs5fIPlZljqvs/edit?usp=sharing

I actually don't usually put up the next month on the last weigh in day, I usually wait at least a day. I jumped the gun, sorry about that!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @VeryKatie Thank you again! I feel better now. haha
    VeryKatie wrote: »

I actually don't usually put up the next month on the last weigh in day, I usually wait at least a day. I jumped the gun, sorry about that!

Oh, that's okay - no need to apologize! =)

• VeryKatie
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @teegan84 I have seen you poking around the Fit, Fabulous, and Pregnant group and just wanted to let you know you're still welcome to use this group's spreadsheet if you'd like :)

@adunbar93 @wantoldme @shyjaan @CharliWhitman please feel free to join as well :) We like having lots of people using the spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/176VoQo1O354WMX5V56uvjDdxFLFOC_gw_NEmArQ0-FY/edit?usp=sharing
  • vrokhfit
    vrokhfit Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks @VeryKatie for reaching out to me! I have been TTC for10 loooong cycles now with no luck. I'll be joining you all on the September challenge even though I'm hoping I won't be able to finish because I'll wind up pregnant! :D We are doing fertility testing next cycle if this one doesn't work out so cross your fingers for me because I really don't want to!
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @icozaFB87 we're glad to have you! That's too bad you're at 10 cycles already :( I'm at about 4 I think... but it is good that you're getting testing soon! Where I live they make you wait 12 months to make an appointment. Which means you're on cycle 14 or 15 by the time you actually get to go to the appointment.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @teegan84 Congratulations on having a boy! Glad you're feeling better! =)

@NatashaLP2014 I hope things are getting better and you can join us again! Haven't seen anything from you in a while. =)

• VeryKatie
    Options
    @icozaFB87 By the way, we are also doing a "lose 20 lbs (or other) by December" challenge. It's just a thread that's going on to kind of link all the monthly challenges together and let people plan for a longer term goal. You can join that too!
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    I added something new to the spreadsheet. I don't know if it's going to be useful. But I put a reflections page in. You can write comments or self reflections about how your day went.

You can also write notes to other people if you want - just make sure to 1) not delete what that person wrote and 2) say who it's from.

It's optional :) But if it helps keep us on track for December, that would be great!
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    Alright everyone! The challenge starts today so please sign up! Let's make this the best challenge yet!

I have planned out most of my food for the day, does anyone else have a plan? I will be doing some Zumba at lunch. And I'm going to bed at 9:00 if I can make myself do that.

Here's also the first week's weekly/mini challenge. With Labour (or Labor depending where you're from) Day coming up, we may all have weekends that are packed with food or BBQs. So the challenge is to be strong! And to get some extra "labour" in. If that means a harder, longer, or additional exercise, or some extra cleaning around the house, or even running those errands you've been putting off, try to do them this week. Basically, try to be a little extra active! Good luck!
  • wantoldme
    wantoldme Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    September 21 is my deadline (in theory I could go till end of September) where I want to be at 105 pounds on my 33rd birthday. We also want to try right after.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    I like the new reflections tab @VeryKatie!

I have all my food for the day entered, but am way over calories even if I exercise tonight. I guess something will have to give.
  • computerfox82
    computerfox82 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My #1 goal is to log in everything everyday. I've been slacking in this department big time.

Other goals:
    Lose 5 lbs this month
    Get into a habit of working out 4x's/week
    Keep calories to 1550 or lower

We can do this!
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit @icozaFB87 @NatashaLP2014 @wantoldme @Kirstie155 @teegan84 remember to sign up/fill in your stats or goals on the spreadsheet :)
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @VeryKatie Done! =)
  • vrokhfit
    vrokhfit Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this has been asked before.. but are we tracking net or gross calories? Or is it whatever you want?
This discussion has been closed.