High fat recipe ideas?

Options
mfr0125
mfr0125 Posts: 33 Member
Trying to meet high fat macros. Any recipe/food ideas appreciated.

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    If you are satiated with less, you do not need to hit your fat macro. Fat should be eaten to satiety.

Carb and fat macros are upper ceilings, whereas protein should be the one you need to hit.

That being said, an 8oz ribeye has 50g of delicious fat!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Just cook things in butter, add cheese or cream sauces when it makes sense and choose fattier meats when possible.
    But you don't have to reach the exact fat macro goal every day. Just cook that way and eat tip you're satisfied. If at the end of the day you haven't reached the fat macro goal, but you're feeling satisfied, there's absolutely no reason to aim to get more fat
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    any recipe that calls for milk, replace it with heavy cream. You can add HWC to morning coffee. Cook foods in butter, EVOO or coconut oil.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    All of the above are great ideas! Don't forget full fat salad dressings too! But yes, the fat macro doesn't need to be a goal to reach everyday unless you find yourself hungry! When you eat less fat your body will use what it already has stored, which is a wonderful accomplishment too!
  • xosummerrainxo
    xosummerrainxo Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I kind of have the same question. I'm finding that my fat macros are typically running about 20 grams low and my protein are either where they need to be or over. However the scale is moving finally just within the last week or so. I'm finding myself intentionally adding butter Etc here and there just to move the fat macros up. Do I need to do that?
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    As long you aren't feeling like you are starving and you are burning fat, then why change things? If you are adding butter in place of veg oil, then definitely do that.
  • SunflowerAngel7777
    SunflowerAngel7777 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If you need more fat, check out "fat bombs" on Pinterest. I just made some lemon cream cheese fat bombs last night. There are some really good ones, like the coconut macaroon fat bombs
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    c2111 wrote: »
    7d44ddkqm1q3.jpg

I just discovered fat bombs and made these coconut oil choc omg amazeballs, how do I keep to 1 a day, I love them. Google them lots of recipes out there.

That's exactly why I don't make fat bombs. I have control issues with sweets and we don't actually need to specifically eat fat like a lot of info you find online suggests, so they're really just desserts. I would eat them way too fast and too often if I made them
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Roast Pork and Sour kraut

Step 1. Roast pork in oven.
    Step 2. Open jar of sour kraut. (this was the hardest step)
    Step 3. Enjoy ad libitum. (One can only eat so much fatty meat before stopping)
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Thats true Sunny, I thought I'd scoff more than 1 today but Ivevbeen ok
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    If you're able to control the amount consumed that's awesome! Keep on keepin on! :blush:
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    Thats true Sunny, I thought I'd scoff more than 1 today but Ivevbeen ok

That's always a good behavior to have.
    I failed miserably when I made keto sweets. I'll make them again for sure, but I learned that I need to make them only for special occasions and stuff like that. I'm ok with overdoing things a few times a year. :wink:
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    7d44ddkqm1q3.jpg

I just discovered fat bombs and made these coconut oil choc omg amazeballs, how do I keep to 1 a day, I love them. Google them lots of recipes out there.

That's exactly why I don't make fat bombs. I have control issues with sweets and we don't actually need to specifically eat fat like a lot of info you find online suggests, so they're really just desserts. I would eat them way too fast and too often if I made them

I don't know... that plate looks about right for a serving. B)

>:) or o:)

My sweet addicted brain sees it the same way Ken!
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Ive noticed something interesting there coconut oil so when I researched them, the right up said will help cravings, now maybe this is just for today but I normally have tspn of Pb all natural variety, but dont want it tonight, ill monitor it see how it goes, but yeah maybe it'll help my Pb nightly fix lol fingers crossed.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Ive noticed something interesting there coconut oil so when I researched them, the right up said will help cravings, now maybe this is just for today but I normally have tspn of Pb all natural variety, but dont want it tonight, ill monitor it see how it goes, but yeah maybe it'll help my Pb nightly fix lol fingers crossed.

Coconut oil boosts ketones since it's short chain fatty acids require so little breakdown. They become ketones very quickly and the presence of ketones is thought to help with appetite control among lots of other things as I'm sure you already know. So, that makes sense. And, of course all that Lauric acid will be a nice slow energy source that helps put off the need for food for a while.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I tend to add avocado or coconut oil to stuff to get my fat in!
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    7d44ddkqm1q3.jpg

I think this is exactly why the scaled was 6 lbs higher this a.m. I'm eating too much low carb junk food and sweets. Just because it fits into my macros does not mean I should be eating it.