Introductions

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Hello All UAC-September Members,

Some of you have been with this challenge for months and some are brand new. I can tell you that it is one of the hardest challenges to stay with throughout the entire month. FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS!! Log every BLT (Bite, Lick, Taste). Stay strong and true to yourself....YOU WILL SUCCEED!!

Please feel free to share as much information as you feel comfortable sharing about yourself with the rest of the group. I look forward to getting to know all of you a little better. GOOD LUCK!

Replies

• nicolabradley87
    nicolabradley87 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi! This looks like the perfect challenge for me, as I generally lose weight very slowly (approx. 1lb a month) which means a lot of the weight loss ones are out. I'm just coming back to it after a bit of a break which has seen me gain 3lbs so this will hopefully be the kick start I need to get back into it!
    Stats: Female, aged 28, Height 5'4'', Weight 65.0 kg (143lbs), Goal 60kg (132lbs)
    Thanks!
  • Intrinsicat
    Intrinsicat Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I am brand new to this challenge and I believe it'll be a great one to keep me accountable through the month of September while I'm doing a couple other challenges here AND before our trip in October! I'm lousy at maintenance which is why the weight slowly creeps back, but pretty successful in competitive situations which apparently trumps maintenance issues for me. XD

I'll be starting this one at age 45, 5'6", 194 pounds. I don't necessarily have a goal weight. I'm content at 170, but know I should probably be 155 tops... I haven't been that since college, but who knows!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    I am new to this challenge. I met my weight loss goal in May, but with busy life recently I have found myself not being very good about logging and have put on 2 of 3 of my 5-lb leeway pounds. Exercise in the last week has been sorely lacking, too. I am ready for this for accountability.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    Newbie & excited!
    OSW: 233
    MFPSW 7/1/16: 223
    CW 8/25/16: 204.9
    GW 9/30/16: 196.9
    UGW#1: 160
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    New to this challenge as well, hoping to get back on track following a summer of ups and downs that have through my focus and motivation off.

Stats:
    Female
    Height: 5'6"
    MFPSW: 221
    CW: 190.7
    UGW: 140

Good Luck Everyone!!
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Hi! This looks like the perfect challenge for me, as I generally lose weight very slowly (approx. 1lb a month) which means a lot of the weight loss ones are out. I'm just coming back to it after a bit of a break which has seen me gain 3lbs so this will hopefully be the kick start I need to get back into it!
    Stats: Female, aged 28, Height 5'4'', Weight 65.0 kg (143lbs), Goal 60kg (132lbs)
    Thanks!

Don't worry about weight loss. The goal here is to be accountable, social and transparent. You set your own goals. You report your daily success of tracking your intake; staying at or below your calorie goal; and report on what you did to meet the exercise/activity minimum of 20 minutes per day.
    RangerRickL or Rick
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    I am brand new to this challenge and I believe it'll be a great one to keep me accountable through the month of September while I'm doing a couple other challenges here AND before our trip in October! I'm lousy at maintenance which is why the weight slowly creeps back, but pretty successful in competitive situations which apparently trumps maintenance issues for me. XD

I'll be starting this one at age 45, 5'6", 194 pounds. I don't necessarily have a goal weight. I'm content at 170, but know I should probably be 155 tops... I haven't been that since college, but who knows!

We do expect you to report in on a daily basis. You set your own goals. We will be there too!
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    AlethaMary wrote: »
    New to this challenge as well, hoping to get back on track following a summer of ups and downs that have through my focus and motivation off.

Stats:
    Female
    Height: 5'6"
    MFPSW: 221
    CW: 190.7
    UGW: 140

Good Luck Everyone!!

Thanks, AlethaMary,
    This can be a great way to share your journey with other MFP members. We are running this UAC program as volunteers. We have no monetary incentive. We just want to work together to help each other achieve their own goals. Rick
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »
    Newbie & excited!
    OSW: 233
    MFPSW 7/1/16: 223
    CW 8/25/16: 204.9
    GW 9/30/16: 196.9
    UGW#1: 160

Stay Excited and report in daily. Glad to have you in the UAC!
    Rick
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    lamlam2013 wrote: »
    I am new to this challenge. I met my weight loss goal in May, but with busy life recently I have found myself not being very good about logging and have put on 2 of 3 of my 5-lb leeway pounds. Exercise in the last week has been sorely lacking, too. I am ready for this for accountability.

Dear Iam,
    We are all about accountability and daily reporting. No pressure, just knowing that someone else needs us to be there too.
    Rick
  • fit_n_happy2
    fit_n_happy2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My goal in September is to be mindful of everything I do. I accept this challenge. Please feel free to add me as a friend:)

I am 32, I have a 14 month old daughter at home, I work full time, commute from countryside to London every day (3.5-4 hours a day!) and trying to be home by my daughter's bedtime... It's very challenging to find time to prepare everything and I regularly forget to pack my lunch/gym outfit (I have a gym round the corner from work and can go at lunch breaks). So this challenge is to keep me more organised and motivated. Starting NOW:)

Stats:
    Female
    Height: 5'5" (165cm)

Current Weight: 65.2 kg
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 55 kg

End of September Goal 61kg
  • beccalamarche
    beccalamarche Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Becca and I'm a 23 year old woman. I have never been thin but over the past 4 years I've lost and gained back weight several times. Now I'm at the highest weight I've ever been and I think this group will help me get restarted with logging and being more active. I turn 24 at the end of September, so I'm hoping to shed a few pounds before then too. But mostly, I need to be healthier and fitter to live the life I want to. No more excuses!

Stats:
    Female, age 23
    Height: 5'4"
    Start/highest weight: 278
    September goal weight: 268
    Ultimate goal weight: 160
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Hi everyone. My goal in September is to be mindful of everything I do. I accept this challenge. Please feel free to add me as a friend:)

I am 32, I have a 14 month old daughter at home, I work full time, commute from countryside to London every day (3.5-4 hours a day!) and trying to be home by my daughter's bedtime... It's very challenging to find time to prepare everything and I regularly forget to pack my lunch/gym outfit (I have a gym round the corner from work and can go at lunch breaks). So this challenge is to keep me more organised and motivated. Starting NOW:)

Stats:
    Female
    Height: 5'5" (165cm)

Current Weight: 65.2 kg
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 55 kg

End of September Goal 61kg

Thanks, Fitnhappy,
    We need each other and it great to see you stay fit and happy by being a member of this group. This is a volunteer run organization, so it's all about supporting each other.
    Rick
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Becca and I'm a 23 year old woman. I have never been thin but over the past 4 years I've lost and gained back weight several times. Now I'm at the highest weight I've ever been and I think this group will help me get restarted with logging and being more active. I turn 24 at the end of September, so I'm hoping to shed a few pounds before then too. But mostly, I need to be healthier and fitter to live the life I want to. No more excuses!

Stats:
    Female, age 23
    Height: 5'4"
    Start/highest weight: 278
    September goal weight: 268
    Ultimate goal weight: 160

Hi AccidentalAdventure,
    We are glad you are here. Stay with us as we all work to reach or keep our goals.
    Rick
  • RangerRickL
    Options

Hi Intrinsicat,
    I'm like you. I should be thinner, but I am ok at the weight range that I have been for the last 30 years. BUT, if I am not accountable, I balloon up. Thanks for being a part of this group.
    Rick
  • aeshubit
    aeshubit Posts: 2 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I am new to this challenge as well. Well..I think I am. I might have done a similar challenge a couple years ago. I am starting fresh with MFP this September and I thought what better way to start than join a challenge group. Looking forward to seeing lots of people succeed!

I am a mom of 2 toddlers and I work full time, so I plan to maybe get my kids involved in doing dancing type exercise dvds with me in the evenings for 20-30 min. if they want to dance around a little. Otherwise I don't really have much time to go to the gym or be active. So here is to hoping the kids cooperate and have fun with exercise-mommy.

Stats:
    Female
    Height: 5'5"

CW: 184
    UGW: 145

End of September Goal Weight: 176 lb
  • bexsh13
    bexsh13 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi im Becki
    27 years old from Ireland :)
    Really need this challenge as I need to be held accountable for my bad habits that keep slipping back now my kids are back into school

Stats
    Female age 27
    Height 5'1
    Current weight 151.8lbs
    Goal weight for September 143.8lbs
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm so happy to be doing this challenge....as it means I am ready to work hard! Love this challenge. I have done the UAC challenges several times over the past few years and have even succeeded of handful of times.

I have hit my goal weight more than a few times, i.e., I hit it and proceed to turn around and gain 5-10 pounds. Yep, it has happened again. This past 6 months has seen me not eating well at all- major career change seems to have set me off and then I just kept going. However, I have done very well and stayed on plan the past ten days.

Challenges
    1. I have two active teenage sons who eat all the time! They need to, but I don't!!
    2. Ongoing hamstring injury that keeps giving back, and back, and back.
    3. Out of town soccer tournament (son's) for three days over Labor Day
    4. Girls' trip to Toronto for 4 days at the end of the month.

CW 135.6
    GW 125-127
    Goal for September- 130
  • robshoraga
    robshoraga Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm ready for this challenge.. 49 pushing 50 come next July. Tired of being out of shape. Only been on this site for 8 days, working hard to meet my goals. 6 pack by july and to lose 100 pounds.
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    lamlam2013 wrote: »

So glad to see you here, I love this challenge most months.