2»

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    c2111 wrote: »
    7d44ddkqm1q3.jpg

I just discovered fat bombs and made these coconut oil choc omg amazeballs, how do I keep to 1 a day, I love them. Google them lots of recipes out there.

That's exactly why I don't make fat bombs. I have control issues with sweets and we don't actually need to specifically eat fat like a lot of info you find online suggests, so they're really just desserts. I would eat them way too fast and too often if I made them

I think this is exactly why the scaled was 6 lbs higher this a.m. I'm eating too much low carb junk food and sweets. Just because it fits into my macros does not mean I should be eating it.

That's what happened to me last fall when I decided to start trying some. I had to quit them just like the real junk I used to eat
  • collegefbfan
    collegefbfan Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    So I have a question. All the things I am reading say get the fats, meet the fats, and remember the fats... I have my goal at 140 fat grams. Some days I never come close. Is this okay? I have lost 14 pounds in 2 weeks. Please help
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    So I have a question. All the things I am reading say get the fats, meet the fats, and remember the fats... I have my goal at 140 fat grams. Some days I never come close. Is this okay? I have lost 14 pounds in 2 weeks. Please help

If you are not hungry, you do not need to hit the fat goal. Protein is the target you want to hit, while fats and carbs are limits.

If you are at 100g of fat and you are satisfied, there is no need for you to drink shots of olive oil just to hit that goal.

Protein is to preserve your muscle mass as you lose weight.

If your carb limit is 25g and you're at 10g and feel good...that's great. No need to find 15g of carbs to fill it.
  • collegefbfan
    collegefbfan Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much... I read that too much protein can throw you off ketosis. I have mine set at 80-90 grams a day. I am 5 feet 9 inches and weigh 241 right now. Thanks again.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much... I read that too much protein can throw you off ketosis. I have mine set at 80-90 grams a day. I am 5 feet 9 inches and weigh 241 right now. Thanks again.

That has been debated and I think that's only a problem if you have insulin resistance or diabetes.

But I think 80-90g of protein for someone at 241 is reasonable.
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    c2111 wrote: »
    Thats true Sunny, I thought I'd scoff more than 1 today but Ivevbeen ok

That's always a good behavior to have.
    I failed miserably when I made keto sweets. I'll make them again for sure, but I learned that I need to make them only for special occasions and stuff like that. I'm ok with overdoing things a few times a year. :wink:

I agree with you @Sunny_Bunny_ I make chia pudding once in awhile to satisfy a sweet tooth but i can easily eat the whole thing (its 4 servings supposedly lol). Which carb wise is not bad but calorie wise is A LOT. lol. I can't imagine how I would deal with fat bombs!
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I have not made fat bombs often. I found them to be really helpful in overcoming cravings for junk food. I only made one at a time because I did not trust myself to eat just one. However, they are SO incredibly satiating, I'm pretty sure that I would feel ill if I at more than one at a time.
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Second day with coconut oil amazeballs (fatbomb) no desire to eat a second at all. I was curious as saw them on many diaries so I researched made some, I dont like to critic unless ive tried, so far so good. Not much different from tablespoon of coconut oil in the morning.
  • Persephone7676
    Persephone7676 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Where are you all finding the info on how much protein and fat? I'd like to adjust my nutrition goals.
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Here's one keto calculator you can use to determine your macros: http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/

• jassnip
    jassnip Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Here's another Keto Calculator that is a bit simpler