Favorite Easy To Make Snacks... Your Fave Ones?

Options
So, anyone have any favorite easy to make snacks or small plate ideas? I love a small skewer or toothpick with a piece of bacon, cube of cheese, piece of black forest ham, and cucumber on each end.
Anyone?

Replies

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Cheese crisp, small piles of any kind of cheese microwave till crisp
  • collegefbfan
    collegefbfan Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah those are one of my faves.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Salami with cream cheese. Add a baby dill pickle if you like
  • collegefbfan
    collegefbfan Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    My wife loves that one sunny_bunny. I was going to say we made some mushrooms the other night and melted cheese in them. Sprinkled with lots of pepper.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I am really liking Buddig's Pastrami. I just eat it straight out of the package like a savage.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Pineapple, cheddar cheese and a single silver onion on a stick. Yum!
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Pepparoni chips. Place pepparoni on sheet try with parchment paper (or foil paper). Oven temp around 300-325. 5-7 minutes (keep on eye it , it will go quick) then off to enjoy by themselves or with dip! Yummy!
  • JessiokaFroka
    JessiokaFroka Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Chicharones and cream cheese! Messy but yummy.

Cucumber "sandwiches", use cucumber slices as the "bread", meat and cheese in the middle

Cheese plates w/ a small amount of fruits (berries, mostly)
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    A deviled egg and a couple cornichons always hits the spot for me.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Well in the old days a bag of popcorn, but today is all about the cheese crisps.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Raw veggies with a sour cream or cheese dip, or nuts. To be honest, I eat these as meals. :)
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    chicharones are one my go-to snacks, but I also like some sliced turkey/ham/beef (what is on hand) with a shot of my homemade sugar free BBQ sauce, rolled up with a slice of cheese. That reminds me, I need som pickle spears, that sounds like a good addition to that!
  • Standsfast
    Standsfast Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am really liking Buddig's Pastrami. I just eat it straight out of the package like a savage.
    My husband piles this in the George Foreman for lunch, essentially toasts it.

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Standsfast wrote: »
    My husband piles this in the George Foreman for lunch, essentially toasts it.

I will have to try that! Thanks for the tip!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I try not to snack but have been known to eat a wad of cream cheese right off the tip of the knife.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I like the pepperoni described above, and use the to dip into mayo, or avocado mixed with a bit of mayo. Instant fat bomb! I'm more of making them into meals too, instead of actual snacks. Before this woe I wouldn't have even imagined a world without snacking and now it very rare if I do.
  • PBAUSA
    PBAUSA Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Cucumber and hummus. Yum! I also like to make a low carb smoothie with strawberries, blackberries, almond milk, a tablespoon of peanut butter and ice.