Breakfast- what are others eating?

Options
MeganBsr
MeganBsr Posts: 11 Member
I've always heard breakfast is the most important meal if the day to kick start your metabolism. Because of this I try to avoid skipping breakfast. I've also heard including protein in your breakfast is important. My life is busy and I usually eat breakfast at my desk in the morning. I'm wondering what others eat for breakfast or if anyone has suggestions for on-the-go protein focused breakfast options.
Thanks! : )

Replies

• feeferb
    feeferb Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I usually have greek yogurt, banana or other fruit, and then granola or a few walnuts on top...quick and easy. Can definitely take with you to work
  • kally_wph
    kally_wph Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I usually have cereal with milk. I also like to eat fruits or bread with honey or jam. In general something sweet, I cant eat anything salty in the morning
  • happyfamilee
    happyfamilee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have my Thrive lifestyle mix, it has 15g of protein and fills me up until about 10am. Then I want eggs and veggies
  • MeganBsr
    Options
    @feeferb I love Greek yogurt! Do you try to keep this mixture within a certain calorie range? Granola is addicting!

• feeferb
    feeferb Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    @MeganBsr It's right around 300...use a low fat, high protein granola. Just enough for the crunch but can't go overboard. Keeps me satisfied till lunch which I'd progress since I used to want mid morning snack if I just had cereal.
  • MeganBsr
    Options
    @happyfamilee Is that a protein shake? I feel like I'd be hungry a hour later! Lol : )
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    There's actually plenty of evidence showing that meal timing doesn't matter. You don't "kick start" your metabolism; it's going to keep burning calories no matter when you eat. Meal timing and size of meals is personal preference based on how you feel and how you perform.

That said, I personally find eating something small and protein-heavy helps my energy levels while keeping me full until lunch. I'll have a protein shake with fruit and spinach blended into it, a Quest bar with a piece of fruit, oatmeal with protein powder added to it, or sliced turkey and string cheese with an apple. I'm way too lazy to cook in the mornings, and I also eat at my desk.
  • cinnag4225
    cinnag4225 Posts: 126 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    A typical breakfast consists of a serving of cereal (roughly 50g depending on variety and serving size), a banana, 30g frozen raspberries and 80ml 2% milk, equaling to about 420 calories. Since switching to this formula I've noticed I'm staying satiated longer early in the day, I have less trouble with nausea and overall better digestive performance. I still can't eat prior to early morning exercise (tummy aches and nausea) but for a low impact morning this seems to be the perfect combo.
  • Lisa_Ookoo
    Lisa_Ookoo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have one cup of 2% cottage cheese, 1/2 cup blueberries, and 2 tbsp flaxseed. It's 280 calories and 25 mg of protein. I make it in a Tupperware container the night before so if I don't have time to eat before I go to work, I can take it with me.
  • Lisa_Ookoo
    Lisa_Ookoo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    That should have said 25 grams of protein, not 25 mg. :)
  • Emmalovestorun
    Emmalovestorun Posts: 168 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I have either weetabix, shredded wheat, porridge or toast, and try to vary it each day
    I try to stay away from high sugar items like muesli, yoghurt, granola, which make me crave sugary food all day
  • jordiblu
    jordiblu Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Omelette with avocado and quinoa muffins !
  • MeganBsr
    Options
    jordiblu wrote: »
    Omelette with avocado and quinoa muffins !

Estimated calories & protein? : )
  • emmagamblin976
    emmagamblin976 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've been having egg white (125g) omelette with capsicum, smoked salmon (50g) and higher protein cheese (25g). C7/F10/P35 - approx 265cals. I head to work early so need something easy to prep and eat whilst sitting in traffic!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Two slices of toast with peanut butter and jam and some coffee.
  • melissaschleier
    melissaschleier Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I like overnight oats. I make them with almond milk, a scoop of my chocolate protein powder, a little bit of honey, and then sometimes I throw in some powdered peanut butter. They take on a pudding consistency and it tastes like a treat. And super filling.
  • MeganBsr
    Options
    I like overnight oats. I make them with almond milk, a scoop of my chocolate protein powder, a little bit of honey, and then sometimes I throw in some powdered peanut butter. They take on a pudding consistency and it tastes like a treat. And super filling.

I'll have to try this! : )
  • MeganBsr
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Two slices of toast with peanut butter and jam and some coffee.

Simple, I like it!
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Options
    Protien bar and water on the way to work.
  • Matt200goal
    Matt200goal Posts: 481 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Nearly every weekday:

A "paleo breakfast casserole" (eggs, chorizo, sweet potatoes), a banana, and either a Greek yogurt or oatmeal.