Breakfast- what are others eating?

Options

Replies

• MeganBsr
    MeganBsr Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    JdMcCoy82 wrote: »
    Protien bar and water on the way to work.

I hope you buy those protein bars in bulk! : )
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    Usually Oatmeal porridge with dried fruits and cinnamon or a Protein shakes with half of a banana and frozen strawberries.
  • KourageousKarina
    KourageousKarina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Eggs and ham!!
  • DeviatedNorm
    DeviatedNorm Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    either 2 hardboiled eggs or a bit of plain, whole milk greek yogurt. I try to keep breakfast under 150 calories, but high protein/fat as that helps keep me satiated.
  • MeganBsr
    Options
    either 2 hardboiled eggs or a bit of plain, whole milk greek yogurt. I try to keep breakfast under 150 calories, but high protein/fat as that helps keep me satiated.
    Why do you keep your breakfast under 150?
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Options
    MeganBsr wrote: »
    JdMcCoy82 wrote: »
    Protien bar and water on the way to work.

I hope you buy those protein bars in bulk! : )

Haha yes, every week restock with more.
  • DeviatedNorm
    Options

Because my total day is only 1200 calories. 150 has seemed to be the nice, happy medium that keeps me happy until lunch but also leaves me enough calories for lunch and dinner. Basically breakfast has been the hardest hit for cutting out calories to meet my deficit, but only because it's where I could cut so many calories and not be unhappy. If I tried having a small lunch or dinner, I'd be a sad lady.
  • MeganBsr
    Options

Because my total day is only 1200 calories. 150 has seemed to be the nice, happy medium that keeps me happy until lunch but also leaves me enough calories for lunch and dinner. Basically breakfast has been the hardest hit for cutting out calories to meet my deficit, but only because it's where I could cut so many calories and not be unhappy. If I tried having a small lunch or dinner, I'd be a sad lady.
  • DeviatedNorm
    Options
    @MeganBsr it seems like something happened to your reply?
  • spiveaa
    spiveaa Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    For me it is 5 egg whites, and grits with water. Then 5 more meals later that day
  • KimmieFIT24
    KimmieFIT24 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love light Greek yogurt (100g), chai seeds (30g) and strawberries (2 large chopped) mixed together and ready for the morning. Honestly, it will keep you so full and it's delicious!
  • BlueEyedBeast27
    BlueEyedBeast27 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Typically around 2 egg whites with a little salt and pepper. Easy to cook, not too high in cals or fat, fills new up, and doesn't take too many calories so I have spare for snacks. I'm usually up at 6am and at work by 7, so the more for snacking healthy the better
  • bigeyd
    bigeyd Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Peanut or even better Almond butter with banana on toast with chia seeds sprinkled on top,lots of protein and also delicious
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I usually eat about 125-150 grams of sweet potato (either baked or shredded hash browns), two scrambled eggs and 4 oz ground turkey cooked with a little tomato sauce and chipolte peppers in adobo. It's my favorite! My other go to is a cinnamon brown sugar baked apple chopped up and mixed with plain full fat greek yogurt and a couple of chicken sausage links (or two hard boiled eggs if I don't want the sausage).
  • coffeethencardio
    coffeethencardio Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have a coffee but I don't eat til about noon- one o'clock. I've been that way since my teens. Come to find out people call it "intermittent fasting" now. Who knew? LOL!

It's just how my body works its best. This way my morning workout is in a fasted state. My lunch (my first meal) usually consists of brown rice/quinoa and veggies.
  • Former_chubby_momma
    Former_chubby_momma Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I usually make a couple slices of toast with Ezekiel bread (yay protein), spread vegan butter substitute and some jam on top. And then coffee, because I'm addicted, with Stevia and almond milk.
  • LuminaStele
    LuminaStele Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    No one else eats Tootsie Rolls for breakfast?!
    Starting to see where my problem is...
  • dancing_daisy
    dancing_daisy Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I was buying a greek or natural yoghurt (I eat low carb) but was so disinterested I wasn't eating it until 10.30 or 11am and only then because I starving!
    I recently swapped to a protein shake, its easy to carry to the office and prep in the work kitchen. Sounds silly but I also think that because its easier to consume than using a spoon etc I'm more inclined to have it!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    kally_wph wrote: »
    I usually have cereal with milk. I also like to eat fruits or bread with honey or jam. In general something sweet, I cant eat anything salty in the morning

This sounds a lot like mine, especially the cereal part. I may include a boiled egg as well, but sometimes just two slices of toast with something spread on them. Occasionally a slice of ham in between.
  • Bigsur2
    Bigsur2 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Sandwich consisting of one slice wheat bread, one egg, one turkey sausage patty, and a half slice of American cheese. Mmmmm good