Low carb but not keto

Options
Tina0488
Tina0488 Posts: 18 Member
Has anyone had success with being low carb, around 100g? I've done keto and find it hard to stick to but I can do 100g or so quite easily. I'm working full time and going to school for time and was going weight watchers but I'm finding it takes to much planning for me to be successful on that when I'm so time crunched. Any help would be appreciated!

Replies

• 1234usmc
    1234usmc Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I don't track so I never know exactly where I am. I would guess I am in that range. Probably closer to 50-75. I doubt I am keto just based on lack of energy but I have never checked. My blood sugar isn't where I want it, but it is pretty good, a1c of 5.9. I have lost 49 lbs, the first 30 was just diet and exercise, the last 15-20 has been low carb. I find it hard to commit to keto bcuz once in a while i want a roll at dinner or some no sugar added ice cream. I don't know what your goals are but there is definitely benefits to being where you are talking without keto. Hope that helps
  • Rose_Oh
    Rose_Oh Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have failed in trying to keep my carbs under 50 so starting today I will change my goal to 75-100. Hopefully I can get back to tracking and losing instead of just maintaining.
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I lose a pound a week between 80 to 100, I dont need keto.
  • 71lmf
    71lmf Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My Doctor told me to try to hit 50 - I thought I would go lower - I don't like it so I haven't been doing well - I'm going to try 50 this week :)
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    This thread came at a pretty good time for me. I've been trying for 50g total or less and not hitting it. My overall goal right now is to lose a little weight and try to correct my cholesterol. I don't have any insulin/sugar, etc. issues, so I'm not worried about that aspect. I do eat potatoes, but my rice/pasta/sugar intake is low. The potatoes aren't a frequent thing, but I love to have them so I do on occasion.
  • kdz0444
    kdz0444 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm doing low carb but not keto. Some days my carbs don't get above 40g but most days I shoot to eat below 75g. Occasionally I allow myself to hit 150. I have already had success in the week I have been doing it. My waist and back are slimmer and I feel so much better. I know that if I get super restrictive like keto requires I will not stick to it. Going down to about 75 or less a day is huge for me. I used to cook a whole box of pasta for dinner and eat every bite so I am cutting probably between 200-500g of carbs out of my diet maybe more.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I eat at twenty net and I'm not losing fast... I've thought about upping my carbs but I'm oddly scared to....