Jamochadiva
Jamochadiva Posts: 69 Member
edited September 2016 in Social Groups
Hello everyone

Replies

• asongforholly
    asongforholly Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking the first step to the rest of your life.

I've been where you are. It gets better. I would do it all over again and I'm two years out. If you need friendly words or just to talk, message me.
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I second that - I had gastric bypass on 4/18/16 and have no regrets. Lots of good luck!
  • loridawn16701
    loridawn16701 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 days post op today! Drinking is rough. Still have lots of discomfort. Is that normal?
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 days post op today! Drinking is rough. Still have lots of discomfort. Is that normal?

Yup. Every day should get a little better and after a month or two, the bad first few days became a blur for me.

Keep on walking and sipping!
  • loridawn16701
    Options
    rpyle111 wrote: »

Yup. Every day should get a little better and after a month or two, the bad first few days became a blur for me.

Thank you!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    rpyle111 wrote: »

What Rob said! I am coming up on three years post op and honestly I have become so accustomed to my "new normal", I don't even remember what it was like those first months after surgery.
  • loridawn16701
    Options
    Please tell me these gas pains go away sooner than later
  • Jamochadiva
    Options
    Oh the gas pains are the worst! I took a walk around the neighborhood and was so winded afterwards. I still have some pain on my left side
  • Jamochadiva
    Options
    Near the incision site but I am so excited. Everyone seems to notice that my spirit has lifted and for that I am grateful.
  • loridawn16701
    Options
    Oh the gas pains are the worst! I took a walk around the neighborhood and was so winded afterwards. I still have some pain on my left side

Other than gas pain it's been rather easy do far. 6 days post op today! I was feeling quite tired and low energy...yikes so last night I quit liquid diet started cottage cheese and yogurt! What a difference
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    I didn't have the gas pains but maybe try chewable papaya enzyme? I had a hard time and lots of pain digesting meat especially, if I ate too quick, etc. the papaya enzyme helped - I got it at Target and Wal-Mart

Definitely look at Bariatric food websites for recipe and product ideas. Here are some I love:

Bariatric Eating - great site and love their Believe ready to drink protein, and their powdered protein

The World According to Eggface - great recipe ideas and overall good site

Bariatric Foodie - made her taco casserole and having it for lunch today. When Inmade it I tasted it and it was great!

Chike - these are coffee based protein shakes but they have traditional flavors too - so far my favorite shake!

Click - another coffee based shake. They are good, prefer the vanilla latte bit as someone who drinks decaf, I was flying..lol

Eat The Bear - I work with the owner at our bank, but he is leaving to pursue ETB full time. Got samples from my trainers gym before I knew who the owner was. Awesome shakes with some of the best macros I have seen.

Lots of good luck! It gets easier every day!
  • loridawn16701
    Options
    jcavanna2 wrote: »
    I didn't have the gas pains but maybe try chewable papaya enzyme? I had a hard time and lots of pain digesting meat especially, if I ate too quick, etc. the papaya enzyme helped - I got it at Target and Wal-Mart

Definitely look at Bariatric food websites for recipe and product ideas. Here are some I love:

Bariatric Eating - great site and love their Believe ready to drink protein, and their powdered protein

The World According to Eggface - great recipe ideas and overall good site

Bariatric Foodie - made her taco casserole and having it for lunch today. When Inmade it I tasted it and it was great!

Chike - these are coffee based protein shakes but they have traditional flavors too - so far my favorite shake!

Click - another coffee based shake. They are good, prefer the vanilla latte bit as someone who drinks decaf, I was flying..lol

Eat The Bear - I work with the owner at our bank, but he is leaving to pursue ETB full time. Got samples from my trainers gym before I knew who the owner was. Awesome shakes with some of the best macros I have seen.

Lots of good luck! It gets easier every day!

Thank you!
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    @loridawn16701 You're welcome! :)
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I'm just about 2 years, 2 months out and at goal. The early days are tough and the learning curve is steep for real, but I wouldn't change a thing. Keep sipping, walking and resting! Yay you!