Food / Activity tracker

Madpiano2
Madpiano2 Posts: 13 Member
Is anyone here using one? I usually use FitDay and it is OK, but a but cumbersome at times. I tried using myfitnesspal but it is so inaccurate that I had to give up, the recipe import section is a brilliant function and would work so much better than typing it all into FitDay, but the Calories and Nutrional Value is way off and insists on using some very weird measurements, so I had to give up. Activity Log is also way off (10 minutes walking at moderate pace burns 46kcal, 10 minutes walking at a brisk pace apparently only burns 5kcal) and I have no idea where their coffee comes from, but a cup (not a mug as that wasn't an option) surely cannot contain 10kcal.

Rather disappointed as I heard good stuff about it and was really going to give this a go. Back to FitDay for now, unless someone has a better idea?

Replies

• OMADing1
    OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
    edited September 2016
    Ya know, since you're just kinda starting...just focus on eating one meal a day (OMAD), don't bogged yourself down with tracking and stuff for now. Just get into the "GROOVE" of eating at a specific time, just once per day--as you grow to love that, learning to not snack thru out the day, etc. then if you want focus on food/activity tracking. I learned to hard way, that exercising when you're fasting is counter-productive and will slow down your progress, I know it sounds crazy and contrary to everything we've ever known/or been "programmed/trained" to believe all of our lives, just as we've all been trained and programmed to believe that eating 3-6 or MORE meals per day will help us stay slim and healthy. Check out these videos--they explain better than I can:

How to Eat One Meal a Day (OMAD) - The Basics
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAN7Z9l8pKQ

6 Types of People Who Struggle the Most With Weight Management
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJBMf-0BKxY

Less Exercise = More Weight Loss
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmtHcP8lokA
  • Madpiano2
    Madpiano2 Posts: 13 Member
    Heya, thanks for the reply. I am not really exercising. Just walking. This morning's walk was just rather brisk as I was running late for the train :D

Eating at the same time would be nice....but my local railway company has different ideas. It should take 45 minutes door to door from work. It took 4 hours tonight. 2 of them stuck on an overcrowded train with no air con. It broke down just after leaving the station. By the time I got home I had fasted for 29 hours....

I just like to put my food in so I have a rough idea about calories and vitamins/minerals.
  • OMADing1
    OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
    edited September 2016
    Madpiano2 wrote: »
    Heya, thanks for the reply. I am not really exercising. Just walking. This morning's walk was just rather brisk as I was running late for the train :D

Eating at the same time would be nice....but my local railway company has different ideas. It should take 45 minutes door to door from work. It took 4 hours tonight. 2 of them stuck on an overcrowded train with no air con. It broke down just after leaving the station. By the time I got home I had fasted for 29 hours....

I just like to put my food in so I have a rough idea about calories and vitamins/minerals.

Totally totally know exactly what you mean, because I DO count cals and walk daily (even though I purposely walk SUPER SLOW, purposely not getting my heart rate up and keeping it super relaxing and leisurely.) I know you will work it out (your time schedule and everything). I'm excited for you--I know you will make your goal, beyond a shadow of a doubt. PLEASE keep us posted o:)