Still using the WW Website?

Options
As I said in another thread, I've been running both the WW points board and the myfitnesspal in parallel to see how it works...

has anyone decided to abandon WW's site altogether and switch to MFP or another "Freebie" site?

Replies

• myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,588 Member
    Options
    10 months ago
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,139 Member
    Options
    TOL and I still track on the WW site. I started here, but found double tracking to be too much hassle.
  • Philtex
    Philtex Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I entered my Saturday WI on the WW website - not sure why. I quit counting when they dropped Points Plus.
  • goldenfrisbee
    goldenfrisbee Posts: 1,640 Member
    Options
    I never tracked when I did WW. I did SFT
    Once I moved to MFP I started tracking calories. So far so good and I have found it pretty easy to use. I like how it tells you what you will weigh in 5 weeks if every day is like the one you just completed. Motivating to me.
  • StuartPW
    StuartPW Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I still track points on Weight Watchers website mainly because I have saved as a favorite most of the food I regularly eat. I have not figured out this site yet to see if I can do the same. If that is possible I probably will drop my Weight Watchers subscription entirely.
  • minimyzeme
    minimyzeme Posts: 2,708 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Al_Howard wrote: »
    I started here, but found double tracking to be too much hassle.

+1

Still using WW Smart Points but other'n that, I'm here (but then again, what is there on the WW site for us--besides CONNECT--now that they kibashed the boards)?
  • Kramti386
    Kramti386 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I still use it for tracking on my phone app. Every once in a while I will l look around. But not like 5 years ago.
  • Al_Howard
    Options
    minimyzeme wrote: »
    Al_Howard wrote: »
    I started here, but found double tracking to be too much hassle.

+1

Still using WW Smart Points but other'n that, I'm here (but then again, what is there on the WW site for us--besides CONNECT--now that they kibashed the boards)?

Never used Connect, but I have so many foods/meals/recipes saved, plus, I occasionally peruse their recipes for ideas.
  • spospo1
    spospo1 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    MFP only. Quit WW site in July. Seems to be working so far.
  • susan092907
    susan092907 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I stopped tracking on WW after trying SmartPoints for three months. It really wasn't working for me, so I started tracking here in March instead. I've made a couple of attempts since then to try smartpoints again, and have double tracked here and there for a week or so. So far I haven't been convinced to give up calorie counting.

I still enter my weight weekly in the WW tracker, and I enter it here as well. I still go to a monthly weigh-in at my WW center and get a voucher for free etools, so I get the WW tracker for free. I look at Connect once in a while, and each time I do, I wonder why I bothered.
  • leeless511
    leeless511 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I still use the WW site fully, I track on the app, I peruse Connect etc. without the Message Boards I find I am not on the main site as much but I am lifetime and it is free and it is what keeps me in check on not gaining and staying focused on the lifestyle.
  • goldenfrisbee
    goldenfrisbee Posts: 1,640 Member
    Options
    StuartPW wrote: »
    I still track points on Weight Watchers website mainly because I have saved as a favorite most of the food I regularly eat. I have not figured out this site yet to see if I can do the same. If that is possible I probably will drop my Weight Watchers subscription entirely.

Stuart, yes it has a form of saved foods. And one thing I like is that when I pick an item, it will ask me if I want to add other common items that I've eaten at the same meal in the past.
  • Al_Howard
    Options
    leeless511 wrote: »
    I still use the WW site fully, I track on the app, I peruse Connect etc. without the Message Boards I find I am not on the main site as much but I am lifetime and it is free and it is what keeps me in check on not gaining and staying focused on the lifestyle.

Like Lee, If a "Lifer" albeit above goal. EVENTUALLY will get to the goal my PCP wants me at, and then it'll be "free for me" also.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,104 Member
    Options
    Well WW is a freebie site for me as a lifetimer. I collect the free etools sorta like boy scout merit badges. Since I have the program memorized I only use the tools when they come out with "new" programs to try them out. I haven't used the WW site except to put in my free vouchers since the message boards disappeared.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,595 Member
    Options
    Philtex wrote: »
    I entered my Saturday WI on the WW website - not sure why. I quit counting when they dropped Points Plus.

Does WW still have a site? :/ Like Phil says I stopped tracking when P+ went away.
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,996 Member
    Options
    I'm double-tracking between WW and MFP, but that's the extent of my interaction with WW.
  • MICHGOLFER2
    MICHGOLFER2 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I track on WW using SP. The new program works for me, my food choices haven't changed much, and a lot of my recipes are stored there. Plus, my F2F meeting is important. I use the site to look for new recipes, and I check out Connect as well. Connect is a vastly different experience than this board, but it has its place on my list of WL tools.

When GoaD moved to MFP, I double tracked for a few days. The days I tracked were within both my SPs for WW and my calorie range for MFP. As long as I have my F2F meeting with WW, I will stick with them.
  • shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,144 Member
    Options
    I have moved away from WW, and I'm very happy with that decision. I was really only using it for the boards, and I'm thrilled that so many moved from WW to here.

Did you all see where WW is still having problems and that CEO James Chambers is stepping down?
  • Flintwinch
    Flintwinch Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I track SmartPoints on WW. I get useful ideas for recipes and fitness. I doubt that WW's business model will survive in the future unless they provide significantly more bang for your buck. CEOs don't last long at WW and the Oprah effect had no lasting effect. I'm a geezer (67) and don't connect to Connect.

Tim
  • lilybbbbb
    lilybbbbb Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Either using LoseIt or mot tracking at all.