Ideas for Hemp Seeds?

Options
2»

Replies

• ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    I know I know. :smiley: A lot of people cringe at green smoothies. My brother is one of them. One day I made one for him, but added some food coloring and poured it into a coloured glass. He drank it, said it was delicious, and then I told him what's in it. Lol :naughty:

Now that's just too funny! Would have loved to have been able to see his reaction to learning that!! :D
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    ladipoet wrote: »
    I know I know. :smiley: A lot of people cringe at green smoothies. My brother is one of them. One day I made one for him, but added some food coloring and poured it into a coloured glass. He drank it, said it was delicious, and then I told him what's in it. Lol :naughty:

Now that's just too funny! Would have loved to have been able to see his reaction to learning that!! :D

He was quite accepting of it after that and even asked for the recipe. I use baby spinach in mine though, which has a very mild taste that disappears among the other flavours. The first one he tried used kale, which was too strong for him I think.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    He was quite accepting of it after that and even asked for the recipe. I use baby spinach in mine though, which has a very mild taste that disappears among the other flavours. The first one he tried used kale, which was too strong for him I think.

Oh, I totally understand that reaction...I personally find Kale much too bitter to be enjoyable so I rarely eat it myself. I've only ever found one brand of sea salt and vinegar kale chips that I like enough to eat every once in a while but that's about it for me when it comes to Kale.
  • Shadowmf023
    Options

Oh, I totally understand that reaction...I personally find Kale much too bitter to be enjoyable so I rarely eat it myself. I've only ever found one brand of sea salt and vinegar kale chips that I like enough to eat every once in a while but that's about it for me when it comes to Kale.

I haven't tried kale, because I don't know what would be a good way to cook it. Lol. So I stick with spinach for now. :smile:
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Phrick wrote: »
    I am SO making that, @ladipoet thank you for sharing

Oh no problem @Phrick. Hope you like it. I've only made this particular flavor once recently and I'm still working on eating my way through the batch. Because I used 2 tablespoons of rosemary it is very strong tasting to me (in an unpleasant way due to too much rosemary) so let me know what you think of it if you make it.

Glad you responded.. I'm not a huge rosemary fan in the first place so I'll probably leave it out or sub something else!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options

I haven't tried kale, because I don't know what would be a good way to cook it. Lol. So I stick with spinach for now. :smile:

@Shadowmf023 - I only really use kale in my knock off better than the original zuppa toscana olive garden soup. I think you can saute it in oil and garlic, etc, most any way you would other greens... Just needs to be sliced up thin.
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I have hemp hearts and I love the taste them! I put that "kitten" in everything :smile:

The flavor of them is wonderful even on their own, but they are a little dry lol. They do not gel like flax or chia, so would not be a good substitute for egg replacer like many use flax or chia for, but replacing flax meal... I don't see why not!
  • Shadowmf023
    Options
    I have hemp hearts and I love the taste them! I put that "kitten" in everything :smile:

The flavor of them is wonderful even on their own, but they are a little dry lol. They do not gel like flax or chia, so would not be a good substitute for egg replacer like many use flax or chia for, but replacing flax meal... I don't see why not!

It is hemp meal anyway. Might be a good alternative to flax meal in lchf breads.