meet me on POF, help me understand this......

Options
13»

Replies

• shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I have gotten one in the past week. it said "how are you". huge double standards on that site.

Extremely true.

And I agree with Run, if you personalize your message, you're more likely to get a response. It doesn't have to be a super long e-mail, but give a good indication that you really read her profile.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    what is the point? i am being totally genuine right now. i don't understand. i mean i get that you click yes maybe or no, but what's the point? why do you click one of those? do you click it and then hope and pray that the person you said yes to knocks on your door? ( now i'm being sarcastic obviously :-) )

you click it and then when they are free they click it and then you go make sex.
  • brihovey2014
    brihovey2014 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    trojanbb wrote: »
    POF in general is worthless.

made an account 2 weeks ago. I have messaged maybe 150 attractive women. Like 5 responses.

My messages are generic. But with a response rate like that, there is NO way I am going to put time and effort into a message just for some girl to read it and delete. I have only sent a few really good messages...to girls that clearly stood out from the crowd. No response either. There are simply too many guys on there...these women are probably spammed with messages.

Well I would say the same thing on the female side. If I find someone attractive I look at their profile and read it all. If we seem like we would really click I send them a message to try to get conversation started. Very few times have I ever actually had someone respond and even fewer have asked me to meet up. When I did get asked to meet up (a whole 2 times) one of them stood me up and one of them hung around for a while but then just stopped talking to me. The rest of the messages I get are asking about serial interaction and I haven't even said hi yet and that is nasty.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    it is actually a misnomer females get a lot of messages. POF is like fishing in a mudpuddle...
  • OS_KAT
    OS_KAT Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I just gave online dating the final chance after I got this message from telling a guy I wasn't interested: "f**k you to h*ll c**t"

*sigh*
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    OS_KAT wrote: »
    I just gave online dating the final chance after I got this message from telling a guy I wasn't interested: "f**k you to h*ll c**t"

*sigh*

How charming of him, ugh. Sorry.
  • TwistedRider
    TwistedRider Posts: 45 Member
    Options

*sigh*

I believe that is moron speak for " I am disappointed but wont bother you further"

Some people are just ill mannered jerks.
  • OS_KAT
    OS_KAT Posts: 176 Member
    Options

*sigh*

I believe that is moron speak for " I am disappointed but wont bother you further"

Some people are just ill mannered jerks.

Ugh. I just don't understand the point of being rude. This is why women don't like telling guys we aren't interested. Most of them can't handle it.

• teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    For me it's fun and entertaining.
    I met a few nice ppl there too
  • free1220
    free1220 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Here is my newest experience with online dating.I always thought it was a hoax just to sell paid date sites.I was on them 6months or more with nothing but setups and rejections without even meeting anyone in person.Then I started getting messages from POF and OK Cupid.Went on a couple of dates and it was pretty cool,then I met a girl who I have been with now for 4 months and we are going strong.I am happy now!!