Stool movement?

Options
Abram86
Abram86 Posts: 282 Member
I have noticed that I'm having bowel movents every 3 days or so. Is this normal and how often is yours? I heard that our body is using more nutrients now that we are eating healthier fats compared to carbs and processed stuff thus making less waste to expell. Is this true at all? What do you do to move your bowels?

Replies

• SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I sit on the toilet.
    :D:D:D

But seriously, I still have one every day, only much much smaller. So if you're still having one regularly, and it seems you are, I wouldn't sweat it.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,966 Member
    Options
    I sit on the toilet.
    :D:D:D

But seriously, I still have one every day, only much much smaller. So if you're still having one regularly, and it seems you are, I wouldn't sweat it.

I saw that before the edit so it only showed the first part. :lol:

Abram86 wrote: »
    I have noticed that I'm having bowel movents every 3 days or so. Is this normal and how often is yours? I heard that our body is using more nutrients now that we are eating healthier fats compared to carbs and processed stuff thus making less waste to expell. Is this true at all? What do you do to move your bowels?

Yes true. When I was keto I only went every 3 or 4 days. And it was fine. That's pretty normal. If it becomes uncomfortable, there's magnesium supplementation. You could have some extra fats. Or you could get some psyllium husks. They are pure fiber. Make sure your electrolytes are on-point, so your hydration is good. That can help as well.

HTH.
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Keto fixed my digestive problems. I went from having one every 1.5 weeks (yes that's terribly uncomfortable - and this while taking medication each day to help it along) to having one every second day, no meds required. Every one's frequency is different I think. But every 3 days sounds pretty normal. The actual input of food on LCHF is also less than on HCLF. So as a result, output would also be less.
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    feels like TMI here, but we are all here to help each other....

Yes, I am also on about a once every 3 day routine too. In the beginning I began tracking it because it seemed like I was never going, but after reviewing my notes it seemed to be pretty consistent. No constipation or other problems, so I don't worry about it.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    I am the weirdo here who goes twice a day and does the happy dance if I manage to do a solid one. I have perfected the art of butt pee. Cannot wait for keto to sort out my insides.
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    I am the weirdo here who goes twice a day and does the happy dance if I manage to do a solid one. I have perfected the art of butt pee. Cannot wait for keto to sort out my insides.

That's nothing. On the other end of the spectrum...you know those sugar free candies that are supposed to have a laxative effect? ...my insides are so damaged, that I can eat a WHOLE package of that stuff and have NO effect.

Also, (to hell with tmi, lol) my poo floats on keto. :lol:
  • Abram86
    Abram86 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Ah, the good ol' poop discussion. How I have missed these. :wink:

As long as you're feeling good, it doesn't matter how often you poop. It shouldn't hurt. It shouldn't be hard to pass. There might not be a lot of it, but if things are moving, you are fine. It doesn't have to be every day. This way of eating has a way of helping things become normal and easy, but it takes a little bit of time.

How often do I, personally, go? I have no idea. I guess every day, but there might be days where I don't. I don't really think about it. Three days wouldn't worry me, though.
  • froyseef
    froyseef Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My doctor encourages Miralax, Smooth Move Tea, and Sennakot. I noticed that I do not need any of that if I start the day off with Bulletproof Coffee. I hate coffee, so I only drink this stuff on days when I get great pool workouts. On travel days, lazy days, etc. I do what the doctor recommends and I am regular again. May the odds be ever in your favor.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Just keep in mind that not going daily is NOT the same as being constipated.
    If you're actually backed up, you'll feel uncomfortable and like you have a heavy gut.
    I did have those issues for the first 11 months off and on and I kept thinking that having too many ch cheese and protein was my issue. Then I tried a month of carnivore where I had almost zero fiber and it completely stopped happening and I went from going about twice a week back to daily and even had to reduce my magnesium supplement.
    Now the only time things get slow again is if I eat more than a very small serving of veggies. I can eat all the cheese and protein I want as long as veggies aren't involved.
  • toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Magnesium citrate works best for me.
  • MiamiDawn
    MiamiDawn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I go daily. The magnesium supplements help and if I miss going a day, I just eat some coconut oil.
  • Got2lose43
    Got2lose43 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Once a week since I started lc 2 weeks ago!
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I have been known to "go" 5 or 6 times a day. I have no idea where it's even coming from. This has been true for me always. SMH....