New with ALOT to lose... anyone else?

Options
2»

Replies

• Roseygirl1
    Roseygirl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My lifetime high weight was 43 lbs. ago and I have 30 more to go. Prediabetic and very focused on health---and very happy to say yes to a friend request!

Rosey
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Down 7.2lbs in 4 days!!! And feeling the difference already!! :smiley:

@ravensdiet15 Congratulations to you. That is awesome!
  • ravensdiet15
    ravensdiet15 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • nscal
    nscal Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Been doing it a while, just don't post that much, but trying to get better with posting. I love this board and all the friendly helpful people on it. I've learned a lot just reading the post. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • 53YOWM
    53YOWM Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've just started, too, on 9/15. Looking to lose only about 25 lbs. Just as important is how stable my mood has already become!
  • ravensdiet15
    ravensdiet15 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    If anyone would like to message and talk on a daily basis, I'm usually around, just hit me up! :smiley:
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the board! I'm always willing to take on new LC friends so feel free to add me if you'd like! My food diary is open however I'm terrible at logging it. I've really got to add that as a daily goal again!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have about 80-90lbs to lose, but at the moment my first goal is to get to Onderland (Under 200lbs) I'm hitting a rocky patch at the moment, but this group are always inspiring to get back on track!

Congratulations on the loss so far!
  • sherryrichie
    sherryrichie Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Great group here. Best of luck on your journey. Feel free to add me as a friend.

• 1thankful_momma
    1thankful_momma Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I started, again, this week. 100 to lose. I'm trying to figure out how to 'stay with it'. The sugar withdrawals suck... and the keto flu... but I 'know' long term this diet will be best for me. If I can just get through the first two weeks... I'm be ok, at least until I run into a vacation weekend. I need to figure out what to do about those. Today is day 4, so I would rather not go through the first three days again and I have a trip planned on the 22nd of October. Anyway, that is my current struggle.
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I started in may with 145 to loose. I'm down 55 so still got lots left but am in no rush as long as im moving in tje right direction. this group has made all the difference in my journey so far!! feeling great feel free to add me
  • ominousdusk
    ominousdusk Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hey! I started keto a little less than 3 months ago and im down almost 30 lbs. but i have 30-50 (not sure about what I want my goal weight to be yet) I friend requested you. and anyone else feel free to add me if you need more LC friends!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @food_lover16 - Keto flu is completely unnecessary, and tends to just be electrolyte imbalances. I don't have the link handy, but hopefully @Sunny_Bunny_ or @baconslave or someone can link it for you. It is 100% avoidable. Sugar withdrawals do not last long when you fat load unless you've and underlying issue like insulin resistance or diabetes, which take longer to level out insulin - which other than the mental side, are the main cause for sugar cravings...
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    @food_lover16 - Keto flu is completely unnecessary, and tends to just be electrolyte imbalances. I don't have the link handy, but hopefully @Sunny_Bunny_ or @baconslave or someone can link it for you. It is 100% avoidable. Sugar withdrawals do not last long when you fat load unless you've and underlying issue like insulin resistance or diabetes, which take longer to level out insulin - which other than the mental side, are the main cause for sugar cravings...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10358179/keto-flu-dizzy-weak-tired-headaches-cramping-muscles-electrolyte-imbalance-may-be-your-problem#latest
  • riaward1990
    riaward1990 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've been here since new years and my initial goal is getting to a healthy BMI. For me thats losing 70 lbs. So far I've lost 42lbs, 28 more to go. After that I'll see how I feel and how much more I want to lose.

I know I could have done better than 42lbs in almost 9 months but I became complacent over the summer and just maintained. I'm back to it now though.

Good luck to everyone with their journeys