Warning - I'm thinking of leaving (on a jet plane)

Options
2»

Replies

• JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    @baconslave - I think she just said it is basically like her account was wiped. All the historical data is gone, unless she wants to pay premium to ask for it back.

Exactly! Tho I'd use the term "held hostage"!!! >:(
  • JessicaLCHF
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I really feel it's a greedy move by UA. A lot of us were around when MFP changed hands. It's been what, a year?

I feel this way because:

1. Every phone user will eventually have to reinstall it st some point. You either have to be ok with losing your loss progress (CHART IT somewhere in hard copy!) and all the recipes I painstakingly entered - or pay premium to "export" the data to your phone. It's punitive for not having premium,

2. The ads are ridiculous full page popups now.

They can take their time and wait for ppl to unknowingly delete their app and reinstall it, knowing most ppl will not know ahead of time they will lose all their data/progress/recipes when they do it.

Now I use my phone 100% of the time. PC users may have different rules. However: give it time!

It's not really that hard to use two apps. I mean I'm on my phone. Thanks for the love - I will stay for the community. I'm starting from scratch logging, so I might as well log elsewhere anyway.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I have logged elsewhere for over a year but I just can't part wth my MFP friends and community. I feel you.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Free Premium...

.... is available in 1-month increments to beta testers.

It's simple and takes only a little time and effort.

(I banked several months' worth of free Premium in the first couple of weeks.)

• JessicaLCHF
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Interesting! How do I sign up?

NVM, found it under "help".
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    sihung7 wrote: »
    Can't you get all your data from the website?
    I use a mixture of the website and the app for logging depending what is easier for me at the time. But unless you delete your account you should be able to get your old data from the website.

I was just thinking the same thing. It's your log in (username and password) that would have to be wiped to lose all your info? I don't see uninstall/reinstall would make you lose what you have.

It does tho. On my phone. I can still see it on a computer I mean it is still THERE. It's just I can't get it on my phone unless I export it all back into my phone which NOW you need premium to do. It is ridiculous.

As far as only ten bucks a month, that's overpriced. I'd pay maybe two. We don't even have cable tv cause it's too expensive. I don't think I get ten dollars a month benefit out of MFP.

What I might do is stay for the community/sharing of information and log elsewhere - prolly the Atkins app - where my details won't get wiped every time I have to reinstall MFP.

Anyway. I just wanted to warn other users to be careful not to just delete and reinstall the app if it gets glitchy. Either live with it, and never change phones, or pay the price if you want your old data back.

Now that makes more sense! I was misunderstanding.
    And crap! I do exactly what you do so that puts me in the same risk area as you then. I tend to use MFP more for the social aspect and wanted to get back into the logging here but now I'm thinking that I might change tracker systems.

I LOVE the community group we have here and never have had one that gets on as well as all of us do. Trust me I've tried so many and there was only one that came close but that was many moons ago!