Step-It-Up September Week 4 (9/22-9/30)

Options
baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
Welcome to our September monthly challenge! Week 4.
Re-hash o' the challenge parameters:
This month we're doing "Step-It-Up"
increase the amount, speed, or intensity of something.
So we are going to focus on a goal we've let slack a bit. Some people might go literal and try to increase step count (walking) or ramp up exercise frequency or intensity. Or maybe someone has been letting good habits slide a little bit.

Choose whatever it is in your life that requires you to "step up" your effort to improve your health and/or fitness.

Every week we'll have a thread to talk about our goals, progress, life stuff, and to encourage one another.
Go ahead and post your goal for this month.
I'll plop a stickie at the top of the group for easy access should the thread get buried.

This is your challenge.
The bad news is: You are the ONLY one who can make positive changes happen in your life.
The good news? YOU are the only one who CAN make positive changes happen in your life. You have that power. Believe it.
And make it happen.

Get to steppin'! :wink:

Home stretch, guys!!! You all are really tearing it up.
I'm roping the last 2 days of the month into this week.

I need an idea for what we are doing for October, challenge-wise.
Last year, I did Face Your Fears, because so many were anxious over the Halloween candy. Of course, good luck, Bacon, on finding that thread. :smirk:
Surely someone has a better idea. Or we can do a Basics challenge. But I'll think on it.
Rock this week, y'all.

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    words-41b821edd0f78e35a9d39f6c9ca86732_h.jpg

I just found that inspirational this morning for some reason.
    Nothing can KO us. Light that fire. :wink:
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Still going strong with fitness. Took today as a REST DAY since my body was tired from Kettlebell and Zumba yesterday. My bootay hurts lol. Still on the Scaleless September Challenge but was so tempted today since my co-worker is so amazed at how my body is changing :) Here are my Sept goals:
    NO weighing= Check
    5x wk workout= :(
    8,000 steps per day= This is the hardest goal during the week. My job is extremely sedentary :(
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    I've held back on exercise while I got into this eating mode, but I think I'm ready. So over the next week I'd like to do 3 strength training sessions (nothing amazing, just some kettlebell stuff at home) and 1 good hike.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »
    I've held back on exercise while I got into this eating mode, but I think I'm ready. So over the next week I'd like to do 3 strength training sessions (nothing amazing, just some kettlebell stuff at home) and 1 good hike.

Remember to keep up the sodium intake as you lose it when you sweat and that can cause headaches.
  • genmon00
    Options

I found i have so much more endurance and energy when I do fitness with WOE...and it surpresses my appetite too. Its a strange but cool side effect lol. The only thing Im doing now is really trying to meet my protein goals since I am doing strength training at least 3 times a wk.
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Can I have several on-going goals, or should I just stick to 1 goal?

I'm working on toning up my arms (and shoulders/back), and
    to be able to do 1 un-assisted pull-up.
    As I lose weight and reduce my body fat, I would like to see leaner sculpted arms.

Today, I biked 21miles, but on my daughter's smaller bike (because something was wrong with mine). Man, did I have to work hard to keep up with my friend. I was pumping and pumping my legs!

I was planning on going to a KB class tonight, but I'm exhausted!!!
    So spent that I basically passed out on the couch when I got home.

Planning on going to the gym tomorrow morning to do KB:
    - clean/press 5x10 10kg
    - swings 5x20 20kg
    - twist 5x10 12kg
    - skull crusher 5x10 10kg

Amanda
  • klaak
    klaak Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!! I've been working out for a long time, but just started Keto about a week and a half ago so now I am ready to get back to it full force.

Goal #1- My basic plan looks like this:

Monday - 8% Intervals on Treadmill 20 mins, 30-45 min weightlifting
    Tuesday - Steady state jog on TM 45-60 min, Boot camp
    Wednesday - 8% Intervals on Treadmill 20 mins, 30-45 min weightlifting
    Thursday - Steady state jog on TM 45-60 min, Boot camp
    Friday - 8% Intervals on Treadmill 20 mins, 30-45 min weightlifting
    Saturday - Steady state jog on TM 45-60 min, yoga
    Sunday - Either a rest day or just weightlifting and yoga

Goal #2 - following strict ketogenic plan in order to lose 11 more lbs and reduce bodyfat to about 20%. I'd like to go down 2 sizes if possible and firm up my muscles.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options

Remember to keep up the sodium intake as you lose it when you sweat and that can cause headaches.

Thank you! I will do this.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Yesterday brought me down to 310 to complete my 1200 minutes September goal. Got in a speedy 70 minute walk late this afternoon covering close to 5 miles. Listened to most of the 1st video of The Keto Summit while walking.

240 minutes to goal. :p
  • suzqtme
    suzqtme Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I keep working on getting 2 walks in a day. I've taken two 3 mile-ish hikes this week but have missed on other days. Continues to be a work in progress.
  • eneild
    eneild Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    9/22
    17,443 steps (15,000 step goal)
    Food weighed/measured✅
  • frankiesgirl21
    frankiesgirl21 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    8600 steps, 10 min active.

Bleah, I knew yesterday was going to be bad.... Overslept this morning so not off to a better start... wonder if I can persuade Hubby to park a couple miles away from the concert tonight?.... :p
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Back on the game. Shed a whole bunch of water weight this am. Still a bit of catching up to do, but back on track.

120 minutes dance night
    10 lbs. - 3.2lbs =6.8 lbs to this goal.
    Basic plank/ no.

Have you ever noticed that sometimes a few pounds will make a huge visual difference in how things look and fit? The next 4 pounds for me are those kinds of pounds for my body. And then about 5 pounds after that is where I seem to like my body best.
    Getting close to a weight where I want to stay feels pretty good. Less scary this time around....and trying not to rush and get all body sensitive/dysmorphic. Even the weight I am now is okay, just feel like pressing on for that place where I feel
    "just right."
    Might happen some time in October if I can just keep Steady Eddie.

• slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I lost 42 pounds since I started LCHF. Things were going along swimmingly and I was almost near goal. Then in May after vacation things just went off the rails and I stopped paying attention to LC, stopped faithfully preparing meals and exercising. I'm sitting here today realizing that in a little over 19 weeks I've put on 17 pounds!! What the heck. I'm going to a wedding tomorrow and I wish I had stayed on track. I had to go out and get a new outfit for tomorrow just because I don't fit in all my thin clothes I have back in my closet. I need to find my switch again. It seems I love to eat carbs, pasta, potatoes, ice cream. I know everything I was doing was sabotaging my prior progress.

So far so good today with getting back to LCHF, but I'm beating myself for putting the weight back on. One day at a time again. Hopefully the crisp fall weather will motivate me to get walking seriously again and get back to cooking right. This is my wake up call!
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    @slimzandra : At least you got your wake-up call before gaining it ALL back!
    You can do this!
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Slimzandra, basically dealing with the same issues, also having regained about that much. Trying not to beat myself up because I know that the woe works and the reloss will happen when I face up to or uncover whatever it was that set me off plan.
    I also am a carboholic and would live on ice cream and buttercream frosting if could...but I'd be dead by now.
    I feel like I've made some adjustments in my thinking which only time and some kind of setback could have brought about.
    I think it will all work out. Just carry on...we know what it takes to be successful at this and that is an advantage on our side at this point!
  • genmon00
    Options
    slimzandra wrote: »
    I lost 42 pounds since I started LCHF. Things were going along swimmingly and I was almost near goal. Then in May after vacation things just went off the rails and I stopped paying attention to LC, stopped faithfully preparing meals and exercising. I'm sitting here today realizing that in a little over 19 weeks I've put on 17 pounds!! What the heck. I'm going to a wedding tomorrow and I wish I had stayed on track. I had to go out and get a new outfit for tomorrow just because I don't fit in all my thin clothes I have back in my closet. I need to find my switch again. It seems I love to eat carbs, pasta, potatoes, ice cream. I know everything I was doing was sabotaging my prior progress.

So far so good today with getting back to LCHF, but I'm beating myself for putting the weight back on. One day at a time again. Hopefully the crisp fall weather will motivate me to get walking seriously again and get back to cooking right. This is my wake up call!

@slimzandra , you can do it!
  • StrongGirlFitGirl
    StrongGirlFitGirl Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm focusing on following my doctor's plan and not trying to sneak food in that I know doesn't really belong there. I tried to stray from the plan and still lose, and that was just silly on my part.

I had a woosh that I've been waiting for for quite awhile, and now I'm down 31 pounds. It felt super good to cross the line from the 20's to the 30's, and now just 13.5 to go to make my first goal!
  • eneild
    eneild Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    9/23
    24,479 steps (12,000 step goal)
    Food mostly measured/weighed but DH and I treated ourselves to yummy Chipotle carnitas bowls tonight, so kind of winging it and using the online nutritional data.

Busy weekend planned with lots of errands, chaperoning DD's homecoming dance tomorrow, and helping DH get ready for a trip. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Well I not only missed my goal, I missed posting it on 9/22. I'm calling in my excuse though, I was still recovering from dental surgery (even so I came in only a few hundred steps shy). Made it yesterday though, including the bump up to the increased step goal of 9500 (bumped by 1000 from last week)!

y7dwrwmqqi9t.png