Fall

Options

Replies

• Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Gee how did this happen??? Fall already?
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!! Autumn!!!! That means I can wear jeans to the Friday football games now because it will be cooler when the sun goes down. Still hot as hades during the Texas days though. Love love love this time of year!!
  • missippibelle
    missippibelle Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    Yay!!!! Autumn!!!! That means I can wear jeans to the Friday football games now because it will be cooler when the sun goes down. Still hot as hades during the Texas days though. Love love love this time of year!!

I'm in Mississippi and our Friday night football games are still HOT. Looking forward to jacket football weather! I'm going to the Ole Miss game tomorrow at 11am and we are going to roast.

Come on FALL!!!
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy it's FALL! I've been celebrating since Sept 1st with my pumpkin candles and flannel :)
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Yep. Autumn... The leaves are all yellow and the mountains are white. I had to scrape the frost off my car one morning last week.

I like autumn but I wish it would start in October instead... and stay closer to 20C. We're getting highes of 10C already. LOL
  • Aquawave
    Aquawave Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Fall means "Winter Is Coming!!!" For my part, in Georgia, it can't get here fast enough. I am sick of hot, humid weather and bugs! I have 13 chigger bites from pulling weeds last week. I don't even mind raking leaves, since it means an end to garden chores. The first hard freeze will KILL THE BUGS!! YES!!
  • Jan93L
    Jan93L Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    We put the furnace on for the first time this morning. At 9:15 am it is only 50 degrees F . Might warm up to 65 later. Wearing jeans and a fleece jacket in th house with a lap robe on my legs. I rarely was this cold before I lost weight.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    It is still summerish here in the eastern part of North Carolina. High 60's at night and mid 80's during the day.

I have a giant ficus and a small lime tree we drag out every spring and drag inside every late fall. The lime tree got really confused this year. At this time it has tiny limes about the size of a raspberry when they should be much larger. I hope they hurry and grow.
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    It's unseasonably warm still in Chicago, but I dig it. It'll be ridiculously cold for 6 months... Autumn is my favorite!!
  • PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    13 years in Montana where the only Fall color is the yellow in the Aspens. It's good to be in PA where the trees turn a riot of color fall colors. That's my favorite part.
  • annalisbeth74
    annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Haha- tell that to the south! High is still in the mid-90s here in Memphis. Can't wait for actual fall weather to arrive!
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Frosty in the morning here in Ontario. Got to finish the garden chores before we get buried under a blanket of leaves.
  • suzqtme
    suzqtme Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    The trees are just starting to be painted by mother nature, I can trust I won't have to turn on the air conditioner again this year, my dog actually WANTS to be outside (furry giant Great Pyrenees) and I love going for walks now. But our coolest night has only been in the mid 50s (in east central Wisconsin) so can't wait for a freeze soon.

@dasher602014, I am envying you right now!