Anyone in week one?

Options
mel_issa1717
mel_issa1717 Posts: 29 Member
Looking for friends to help encourage, motivate and for accountability. I'm just finishing week 1 of c25k tonight. Please add me as a friend ! :smile:

Replies

• rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be starting week 8 tomorrow, but will still be staying active in this group.
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I just started (day one yesterday), so I'm a little behind you. I downloaded a free app, so I'm finding I also have to download MapMyFitness to measure distance (to properly log activity). Have you signed up for a 5k yet?
  • rusgolden
    Options
    cecsav1 wrote: »
    I just started (day one yesterday), so I'm a little behind you. I downloaded a free app, so I'm finding I also have to download MapMyFitness to measure distance (to properly log activity). Have you signed up for a 5k yet?

I use MMF for measuring distance also. I haven't signed up for a race yet, but have my eye on a couple in mid July. I'm going to be running with my son who hasn't had a much time to train, so might push it to August if he's not able to be ready.

Good luck!
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Getting back into the groove. I went out first thing this morning and since my 30 minute run the other day was 2.24 miles, I did a Week 7 run today, to bump it up to 2.5 miles. It went fine - my pace was as good as I've ever done (13:44).

I'm a little concerned that my legs are going to object when we go out for our daily 5 mile walk in a little while, because I won't have given them much recovery time, but it's going to get hot today, so we want to do it early.

Oops. Meant to post this in the Daily Check in thread.
  • mel_issa1717
    mel_issa1717 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    rusgolden wrote: »
    I'm going to be starting week 8 tomorrow, but will still be staying active in this group.

When you first started did you have any knee or lower back pain? I'm pushing through that now. Day after run my knees hurt quite a lot just below the kneecap.
    Anyway I'm in week 2 now yay!
  • rusgolden
    edited June 2016
    Options
    rusgolden wrote: »

When you first started did you have any knee or lower back pain? I'm pushing through that now. Day after run my knees hurt quite a lot just below the kneecap.
    Anyway I'm in week 2 now yay!

No, not really. How active were you before you started running? I had been doing weight lifting and walking at least 3-4 miles every day for about a year (and dropped over 50 lbs) before I started running. Now that I'm in the later stage of the program, the only thing that has been bothering me is my glutes and not during the run, but later in the day.
  • sutibo
    sutibo Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Day 1 for me today. I'm just getting back to running after a couple of years off so starting nice and slow.
  • megrog97
    megrog97 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just finished W1D3, cannot wait till this Friday to start running again.
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    i 'll be doing W1D3 tomorrow.first time in my life since i was a kid that i'm attempting to run.
  • schmitz17
    schmitz17 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first workout yesterday. I have lower back problems, hip problems, and ankle problems. So by run 5 I was dying just a little, but I made it through it. Anyone can add me as a friend on there.
  • PermissionGranted
    PermissionGranted Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm W1D2! Let's do this.
  • emerrywe
    emerrywe Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just did W1D1! Felt much better than I expected.
  • kjdaughtridge
    kjdaughtridge Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 1. It feels good! I used to run in my younger days but I'm currently overweight and out of shape. I'm looking forward to getting back into it.
  • Fitgirllife72
    Fitgirllife72 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    My son and I just finished week 1 today. We are starting week 2 tomorrow.
  • pdo27789
    pdo27789 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow. A little nervous because I've never been a distance runner. But I'm encouraged by everything I've been reading in here, and the c25k method in general. It's counter intuitive to run slow, but makes sense the more I read.

I'm doing this for weight loss, and to establish healthier lifestyle once I've met my goal weight.

I'm hoping for some mfp friends who are doing this, or already have. Feel free to add me.
    41 year old father of 2
    Southern Ontario Canada
    I still have 45lbs or so to meet my goal
  • Rinde99
    Rinde99 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    pdo27789 wrote: »
    I'm starting tomorrow. A little nervous because I've never been a distance runner. But I'm encouraged by everything I've been reading in here, and the c25k method in general. It's counter intuitive to run slow, but makes sense the more I read.

I'm doing this for weight loss, and to establish healthier lifestyle once I've met my goal weight.

I'm hoping for some mfp friends who are doing this, or already have. Feel free to add me.
    41 year old father of 2
    Southern Ontario Canada
    I still have 45lbs or so to meet my goal

Great decision to go for it! I started with C25k in September but switched to a longer plan in week 5. I find it difficult at times to run at a conversational pace, but it truly is the best way to build endurance.

Best of luck to you tomorrow!
  • 4Titaa
    4Titaa Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I plan on starting this Friday. I'm nervous n excited but worried I'll fail again. I have tried b4 n made it to beginning of week 2.
    Besides weight loss goals my main reason for the C25K is .. as silly as it sounds I dream of running I admire ppl who I've seen running when driving my kids around. To me from the outside in... it looks peaceful. But from pAst experience I knowwww the mental effort you do with every step.
    You all are encouraging n great with advices.
    Just keep running wish me luck... n I wish u all good health
  • the_new_mark_2017
    the_new_mark_2017 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Anyone still active here? I have just started, W1D2 today :) I have issues with one of my ankles and arthritis but I am determined to power through. I also cycle, having a number of 100km rides under my belt, but I am still overweight. I really want to run, I used to run a fair bit when I was younger, 40km's per week. I want to get back to that! Please add me, I also do keto/lowcarb way of eating.
  • forCole
    forCole Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Anyone still active here? I have just started, W1D2 today :) I have issues with one of my ankles and arthritis but I am determined to power through. I also cycle, having a number of 100km rides under my belt, but I am still overweight. I really want to run, I used to run a fair bit when I was younger, 40km's per week. I want to get back to that! Please add me, I also do keto/lowcarb way of eating.

I'm starting today and I'm also Keto! Adding you now :)
  • crisisborn
    crisisborn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Rebooted myself back to C25K w1 workout 2. Tried last year and stopped at w8. this time I'm going to make 5K. Feel free to add me for support!