Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Roll Call

Replies

• Persephone7676
    Persephone7676 Posts: 91 Member
    Indiana here. LCHF for about 3 weeks now.
  • sherrirollins4
    sherrirollins4 Posts: 122 Member
    Auburn, Alabama! LCHF since August 1. Down 10 pounds!
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    NE Ohio in the house! :) I've been keto since June 1st!
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    So Cal here! I'm almost in Mexico lol Been here since May, lchf since June Down 20lbs
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    From Norway, live in the U.K. Been doing LC for two years but only 3 months on LCHF. I am gluten intolerant so my next step was to come here :smile:
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 7,009 Member
    Keto 1.5 years. Just plain LCHF, 6 months.
    Northeast TN, Appalachian Mtns.
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    Georgia, USA

Keto little over a year (been spotty last few weeks as work stress has taken its toll). Started cracking back down today. Will be full keto again Monday!
  • LauraCoth
    LauraCoth Posts: 303 Member
    On another Island near Vancouver, B.C.

Started LC about 4 months ago. I eat moderate amounts of fat, depending on hunger levels, but I like to keep my carbs at around 30 each day. So far, so good.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Another SoCal here. Been Keto for 3 weeks. Not a single slip and loving it!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,759 Member
    Colorado's Front Range area.
    MFP for over two years. I used to follow the Zone diet 40/30/30, but beginning of Aug. switched to Atkins 20 foodie plan, did two weeks of induction and am currently slowly upping carbs, I hope to get to 50-75 nc per day without upsetting my weight loss efforts. Loving the control I feel now when it comes to food.
  • MiamiDawn
    MiamiDawn Posts: 90 Member
    Florida
    Was Keto for about 7 months, then fell off the wagon for a couple of months ... Back on LCHF Keto for 4 weeks now.
  • 53YOWM
    53YOWM Posts: 40 Member
    I'm from Connecticut. I just started keto last week. Yesterday was my first day below 30g. Back in 2007 I started on the Blood Type Diet for type O, which is sort of paleo, but it allows some grains, dairy and legumes. Also, I don't do ham/pork/bacon.
  • atlathemis
    atlathemis Posts: 18 Member
    Philadelphia. Lived in Cincinnati, Florida, Washington State and Iowa. Never moving again. Hopefully.

7 months low carb. Just found this group a few weeks ago. I'm a pescatarian doing LCHF so there's a lot of yogurt and peanut butter in my life.

• kmn118
    kmn118 Posts: 313 Member
    Cumberland Plateau, Tennessee, USA
    Started LCHF April 1, 2016 Healing and feeling much better.
  • carom
    carom Posts: 188 Member
    Christchurch, New Zealand!! I did LCHF last year lost 25kilo. fell off wagon, gained back 10 kilo. Have now been on Keto plan for 5-6 weeks, really like it now I have gotten used to the smaller portions. Good luck :)
  • freckles2002
    freckles2002 Posts: 55 Member
    I'm in the uk, a little city called Norwich. I've been keto for 7 weeks. This is a brilliant forum. Hang around and you will learn so much.
  • kaynagel
    kaynagel Posts: 571 Member
    Chicago IL suburb. I went LCHF in February of this year to force/encourage my husband to lose weight and get his diabetes under control. He fought me at first, but now that he sees huge improvement, he is totally on board. I am an endurance athlete (half marathons, marathons and triathlons) so I am constantly getting carb loading advice from the running world. LC not in the mainstream there at least not in my town.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    I'm from South Central BC, Canada (North Okanagan).... was LC AND LF from mid Nov 2013-beginning of Feb 2014 to lose 35 lbs, then went to LCHF til now with a couple of tortilla chip bumps in the road but continuing on.
    Addicted to cheese & habanero pepperoni. >:)
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Also SoCal - pretty close to @genmon00 actually (I think?). Been LCHF for 16 months - tried keto and did it poorly so I failed somewhere in there - been doing a well-formulated keto diet for about 3 months now though and it's been light years better than my previous experience.