Roll Call

Options

Replies

• genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Phrick wrote: »
    Also SoCal - pretty close to @genmon00 actually (I think?). Been LCHF for 16 months - tried keto and did it poorly so I failed somewhere in there - been doing a well-formulated keto diet for about 3 months now though and it's been light years better than my previous experience.

@Phrick I wish I was closer! I live like 3 hours southeast of you, 30 minutes to Mexico/45 minutes to Arizona.now I'm in the boondocks lol
  • fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    I'm in Florida.

Paleo-ish under 100g started probably 3.5-4 years ago.

Keto level low carb, started nearly 3 years ago.

Carnivore--approx. 0g carbs including 0g fiber--for over two years (not counting some falling off the wagon after my father-in-law died). The next step will be to create a machine that sucks carbs out of my body. LOL, negative carbs each day.

Let me know when that machine is ready!!!
  • fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm in Northern Wyoming by way of Seattle. Keto for about 18 months or so. I had a severe gall bladder attack in March and wasn't able to each much fat so.......anyway, gall bladder out, made everything else wacky with the extra bile so I fell off the wagon-hard! Still trying to get back on!!! It's a struggle.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    I am a Canadian expat living in Minnesota and started Atkins, 40 gram carbs about a year ago. Lost 30 lbs and almost at goal weight!
  • Hike4WD
    Hike4WD Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    From Arizona and have been LCHF for 1 week. Was on a Keto diet about 5 years ago (for 2 years) ... but then I had a doughnut :#
  • Laurashar34
    Laurashar34 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm from Norfolk in the UK and have been doing LCHF for nearly five months.
  • SlimSonic
    SlimSonic Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm in Surrey, U.K. Been playing at this low carb for 11 months......time to do it properly now
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    genmon00 wrote: »
    Also SoCal - pretty close to @genmon00 actually (I think?). Been LCHF for 16 months - tried keto and did it poorly so I failed somewhere in there - been doing a well-formulated keto diet for about 3 months now though and it's been light years better than my previous experience.

@Phrick I wish I was closer! I live like 3 hours southeast of you, 30 minutes to Mexico/45 minutes to Arizona.now I'm in the boondocks lol

Ah, for some reason I thought you were nearer to San Diego! that is too bad, it would have been cool to meet up maybe if that isn't too weird haha
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Scotland here, grew up in the US though. Been low carbin' for about 10 years since diagnosed as T2 diabetic, but it was never consistent until I went ketogenic 9 months ago, at which point my life changed in the most positive way ever!

I want to come visit you! Scotland is my dream vacay!

Mom of five, happy wife of one, live in Vermont, been doing this two years on and off (I go off during major surgeries, had two shoulders and a thyroidectomy during these two years, all with severe complications).

Back on right now for the past three weeks, down 12 pounds this time so far. Strongly dedicated to staying here for a long long time till at goal weight. Finally feeling heathy and starting to make progress in every way.

Oh, I should add my macros. 10% carbs/25% protein/65% fat. I usually shoot for 20-30 net grams of carbs a day.
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Missouri here!
    I am just starting week 2 of low carb. Still confused, but working on it
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    genmon00 wrote: »

Ah, for some reason I thought you were nearer to San Diego! that is too bad, it would have been cool to meet up maybe if that isn't too weird haha

yea me too I used to live in San Diego for over a decade but came back in.2013. I still go to San Diego about every 3 months or so, would love to meet up if we could work that out :)
  • sherryrichie
    sherryrichie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    SW Florida 8 years, from NW Ohio. Been low carb since the beginning of June and keto since mid-July. Down 16 lbs since June.
  • Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Northern California - started June 1, 2016
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    South Carolina here! Started LCHF November 2015.
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    NE Ohio (the first 4 letters of my screen name). Some form of low carb since 10/2/2015 - keto part of the time, but I'm not tracking specifically.
    • 1200 calorie Low Carb, moderate protein (with the remainder of the calories made up by fat). 10/2 - 3/27
    • 800 calorie Blood Sugar diet (attempt to put diabetes into remission) - reduced fat calories 3/28 - 5/8 (terminated 2 weeks early due to cancer)
    • Low Carb, moderate protein (with the remainder of the calories made up by fat) - I didn't track calories - just made sure my carbs were not over 20 net/2 hr period. I maintained my weight during this period 5/9 - 8/28
    • 800 calorie Blood Sugar diet (finishing the attempt to put diabetes into remission) 8/29 - 10/3

Weight loss: 72.9 lbs - I'm now at my lowest adult weight. (BMI 22.4)

I'm not actively seeking to lose more weight, but it will likely be a consequence of following the diet that has been found, for some people, to induce diabetic remission. I appear to be making progress on putting diabetes in remission - a good portion of every day is spent in the 70-80 range. That did not happen in the first 6 weeks on the BSD. Most fasting readings are also in that range. We'll see.

(Note: I'm not recommending the VLC diet I'm currently following for weight loss, and definitely recommend against it unless it is targeted at a specific medical goal (in my case trying to put diabetes in remission), followed only if there are no medical contraindications, and preferably with doctor's approval and monitoring. My next doctor's review is early October.
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Boston, MA. Been here since May 2015. My life is a roller coaster of weigh ups and downs. This works, when I stick to it!! I'm going back down again... LOL.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Rocky Mountains here.

I've been SLOW (not low) carb for about 14 years. Long before Tim Ferris "coined the term", which he didn't of course.
  • GlitterRayne
    GlitterRayne Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Portland OR here.