Step-It-Up September Week 4 (9/22-9/30)

Options

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Eek! Guh! Ugh! Damn! Whew! I had an awesome route planned today for my walk. I had no idea it was so hot and miserable outside. I made it to my 1st stop: a golf course to meet up with some friends when they finished their round. Close to 2 miles and 30 minutes away via my chosen route.

My walk ended there and I hitched a ride home. Only 30 minutes today so 210 minutes remaining in September to reach 1200 minute goal. Done!
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Hanging on to my food dignity by a thread for this weekend. Compromised with myself over the weekend fallout and,well, that may turn out to be a good thing. Time will tell.

Great fun dancing at the club last night. Many calories were burned.
    No weigh in today- for weekend sanity.

September started off well, is winding up pretty lame; but, I am still in it although limping along.
    Getting ready for next month's challenge. Would really like to get into a steady, sustainable groove, but all in all my swings are becoming less extreme. So, that is progress, not perfection...and i can live with that.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I have been sticking to a new workout routine, in order to increase my strength. It has been pretty miserable. Today I coughed, and my core hurt so bad it was like I had been punched all over. But, there will be no quitting. My core is especially important, to me, because I have hurt my back lifting crap while training with the fire department. Lucky, it has all been minor muscle pulls due to poor lifting form. But, I need to strengthen my core to help stabilize it when lifting to avoid future injury.

Also, lots of squats. I hate squats. You know you do enough when you are legitimately afraid that you may need to enlist the help of your significant other to get off the toilet. :lol:

I have found, and installed, my pull-up bar at the new house. So, that excuse is gone.

Anyway, food is right on track. Meat. Lots of it. Today I had 20 chicken wings. And, I will have a large steak for dinner. Calories? No real clue. Around 3,000ish, I would guesstimate.

The mental stuff is getting better. I have a solid offer on the house I am trying to sell. Things will be better soon. The backyard at the new house it getting there. It should be done by Tuesday. The cost of that is something I don't like thinking about.

Edit: Put in estimates for today's food - Totals 3,153 calories, 2g carbs, 237g fat, 306g protein, 0g fiber. So, yeah, right around where I wanted to be. Protein is a bit higher than normal, but I don't normally go much over 180g and one day isn't a big deal. Oh, forgot the heavy cream with my coffee. Updated
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    hi! Killing it on my fitness goals this month, I truly enjoy it! As for steps, I blew past my goal with over 10,000 steps today whoo hoo! Impossible feat during my work week. Tomorrow back to Kettlebell training B)
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Did KB this morning.
    Eating at a deficit really impacted my work-out! I was winded after each set!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    genmon00 wrote: »
    hi! Killing it on my fitness goals this month, I truly enjoy it! As for steps, I blew past my goal with over 10,000 steps today whoo hoo! Impossible feat during my work week. Tomorrow back to Kettlebell training B)

I'm starting kettle bells tomorrow or Monday. Is there a program you follow? What size do you use?
  • eneild
    eneild Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    9/24
    14,411 steps (12,000 step goal)
    Food weighed/logged✅

Got a lot of errands and work around the house done today. Homecoming dance was a blast. The theme this year was "hoe down" so most kids dressed in western wear (with a few cows and horses added in). They were taught some line dancing, plenty of great food and games. The school really discourages dating, so most of the 9-12th grade kids attended. She has her audition for her studios' Nutcracker ballet tomorrow, so hopefully she is not too sore in the morning!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    weekends are hard for me to hit my steps. I didnt make it yesterday by quite a bit...but I slept over 6 hours last night!!! That NEVER EVER happens! Definite win!!!!!
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »

I'm starting kettle bells tomorrow or Monday. Is there a program you follow? What size do you use?

hi, oh that's awesome! I don't follow a plan although I should lol I use YouTube videos Body Fit by Amy. She has tons of Kettlebell videos. I would definitely start with the beginner Kettlebell and look at a video on how to do a proper swing. Start light, I have a 10 & 15 lbs Kettlebell. it's a great workout and I hope you enjoy it! :-)
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options

I've been doing KB for 1yr and I'm still learning/improving my form.
    I love the results on my body!!

- swing 5x15 20kg or 24kg
    - Clean/press 5x10 10kg each arm
    - Straight leg Deadlift 5x10 12kg each hand
    - twist Overhead 5x10 12kg
    - Deadlift 5x10 36kg
    - Tricep overhead 5x10 12kg
    and some one handed swings for more cardio

Focus on FORM when you are learning,
    Not quantity of reps nor weight of the KB.

I would love an online KB buddy!!
    Amanda
  • Cadori
    Options

hi, oh that's awesome! I don't follow a plan although I should lol I use YouTube videos Body Fit by Amy. She has tons of Kettlebell videos. I would definitely start with the beginner Kettlebell and look at a video on how to do a proper swing. Start light, I have a 10 & 15 lbs Kettlebell. it's a great workout and I hope you enjoy it! :-)

Great, thanks!!
  • Cadori
    Options
    huango wrote: »

I've been doing KB for 1yr and I'm still learning/improving my form.
    I love the results on my body!!

- swing 5x15 20kg or 24kg
    - Clean/press 5x10 10kg each arm
    - Straight leg Deadlift 5x10 12kg each hand
    - twist Overhead 5x10 12kg
    - Deadlift 5x10 36kg
    - Tricep overhead 5x10 12kg
    and some one handed swings for more cardio

Focus on FORM when you are learning,
    Not quantity of reps nor weight of the KB.

I would love an online KB buddy!!
    Amanda

Thank you this! I tried sending a friend request, but MFP is not cooperating with my iPad this morning.
  • elize7
    Options
    Do we know what the October challenge is? I think I need to get started on that pronto.
    Sept wrap up...ttwo awesome weeks, two fails. So static for status.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Just got back from anniversary getaway weekend. I don't remember if I even checked in yesterday. We went on a strenuous hike for almost 2 hrs. Total for the day was about 15.5k steps. Hit my step goal today, too.

I didn't log Fri or Sat. I did today. I went a little over but stayed LCHF. Our amazing indulgent lunch today, know what I had? 8 oz NY strip. And for dessert? Mixed berries with a dollop of whipped cream. And it was amazing.
  • eneild
    Options
    9/25
    12,659 steps (12,000 step goal)
    Food weighed/measured✅

Hard to believe it is the last week in September already!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    So like I posted, I didn't hit my goal on Saturday, but I made up for it yesterday!

phmqgartwh5e.png
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    Do we know what the October challenge is? I think I need to get started on that pronto.
    Sept wrap up...ttwo awesome weeks, two fails. So static for status.

I haven't gotten any suggestions yet. :smile:
    Ideas are welcome.
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the support on this thread.

Back from the wedding in the Berkshires this weekend. It was truly beautiful. I am back at it again today. Tuna, mayo and dill pickles for lunch. Left my sneakers at home today, so I can't do my walk. I will have to get that in tonight. It's already getting dark earlier in the evening, so I guess that means I should leave work early.!! >:)

Head home, do my walk, get a healthy dinner together (got chicken in the fridge) and get ready for the big debate tonight. I am working to get back to Keto again, I had so much more energy. Working at it again. Have a good one!

Fearless October works for me again.
  • elize7
    Options
    Yeah, fearless is a good topic.
    I have a few fears I could benefit from facing.

Like... maintenance monster saboteur...
    or zombie carb binge woman ...
    Or party buffet pirate girl....
    Or nighttime fridge ghoul...

Very scary.

• eneild
    Options
    9/26
    14,159 steps (12,000 step goal)
    Food weighed/measured✅