Atkins Dinner Reviews

Options
JessicaLCHF
JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
edited October 2016 in Social Groups
I want to give a shout out for the Atkins Beef Merlot frozen meal! I'm not real big into frozen dinners, but this week was going to be crazy busy so I thot it would be a good week to try four frozen dinners and see if I liked any. The Beef Merlot is really good! It tastes almost like my own pot roast! 8/10.

As far as the Atkins lasagna... pass. It's higher in net carbs (11) but I thought I'd try it as I miss pasta. It looks nothing like the picture on the front. It's like a brown puddle of slop. Very unappetizing to look at. It tasted ok. I'd give it a 4/10. I only ate half. It was filling.

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Never seen Atkins dinners here, just the snack bars, etc. What's the serving size like of the Beef Merlot?
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reviews! I have seen them at Walmart but just a little nervous to try. I will try the Beef Merlot sometime!
  • JessicaLCHF
    edited September 2016
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Never seen Atkins dinners here, just the snack bars, etc. What's the serving size like of the Beef Merlot?

Not sure I threw the box away. I'd say maybe a cup or a cup and a half? It's like pot roast beef in gravy next to broccoli, and you mix it all up. It was really good. I'm trying a chicken one today. I'll keep you posted.

I never noticed them either (cause I skip that aisle of temptation haha!), but they're in the middle of the frozen dinners here. Also if you ask the store, they will usually carry things that are requested.

Edit: this says 9oz (google images) j5dtxul3t3o5.jpg
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    Today's choice: Chicken Margherita

Not bad either! Very savory and cheesy sauce. I'd give it a 7/10. Def worth a try for a busy day or if you only have access to a microwave to cook with. I actually just took this photo.

19ro4nmeywca.jpg
  • suzqtme
    suzqtme Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Can you show the ingredients as listed on the box? :)
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    suzqtme wrote: »

It may be on their website.
  • whitneyr137
    whitneyr137 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've never had the beef merlot but sounds good! And I agree about the lasanga..big disappointment! I eat these occasionally if I need something quick at work. My favorite is the Mexican Chicken & Vegetables.
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    suzqtme wrote: »

Sorry I already threw all the boxes out, but you can google it pretty easily.
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    I've never had the beef merlot but sounds good! And I agree about the lasanga..big disappointment! I eat these occasionally if I need something quick at work. My favorite is the Mexican Chicken & Vegetables.

One I wanted to try! My store didn't have any. I miss enchiladas and I hear the flavor profile is there.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    I like the meatloaf one!
  • clawson91
    clawson91 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    lp3dchjwqa3i.jpg

This was the Atkins chicken stir fry with my own cauliflower rice added. It was really good.
  • missippibelle
    missippibelle Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    The breakfast bowls aren't bad either. I like the meatloaf one too. I try to eat my own real food, but I keep a few of these in the freezer at work for a rainy day.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I buy these for Anna to take to school for lunch. She likes them a lot for the most part. Especially anything Asian inspired.
  • JessicaLCHF
    edited September 2016
    Options
    The breakfast bowls aren't bad either. I like the meatloaf one too. I try to eat my own real food, but I keep a few of these in the freezer at work for a rainy day.

Oh, I got some of those. They kinda scare me, lol. Frozen eggs...

They've been in my freezer all week. Maybe I'll try one tomorrow.
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    So, I tried the Atkins breakfast scramble today. Eggs with peppers, onion and sausage in it. I think it was supposed to have cheese but I sure didn't detect any. It was decent. Tasted pretty much like how it would if Id'a made it. Look five mins to nuke, and no mess in the kitchen. Def quicker than cooking sausage, adding vegs, sautéing, adding egg. For the price tho, I could do it quicker and just as well if I just precooked my sausage (which I often do in batches anyway).

Taste 8/10. Value 2/10.

I'd definitely add cheese tho.
  • missippibelle
    missippibelle Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I ate the meatloaf one today. It's pretty good. It has cauliflower as a side. I much prefer made from scratch everything, but these save me when I am crunched for time.
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    Tried the Chicken Parmesan on Spaghetti today. I had my doubts because... well spaghetti. But it was only 11 net carbs.

...of grossness! I don't know what the spaghetti was made out of but the noodles smelled and tasted horrible. I only ate half the lunch (all the chicken, which was breaded and great!). The flavor profile was there, but I could not get over the noodle taste. Gross. 1/10.

xs9gr2ge6n9w.png
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    Skip the Atkins Chili Con Carne. I never would have even bought it but sent hubby to store to buy four frozen things to try. I also really dislike all the Atkins pizzas. There's an off-putting taste to the crust. I'd rather not eat foods than eat poor substitutes of foods. The chili tasted fine but it's so easy to make your own crock pot of meaty low carb chili!

Speaking of which. With the fall weather here in Vermont, I'm thinking a pot of chili is a terrific project for today!
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Skip the Atkins Chili Con Carne. I never would have even bought it but sent hubby to store to buy four frozen things to try. I also really dislike all the Atkins pizzas. There's an off-putting taste to the crust. I'd rather not eat foods than eat poor substitutes of foods. The chili tasted fine but it's so easy to make your own crock pot of meaty low carb chili!

Speaking of which. With the fall weather here in Vermont, I'm thinking a pot of chili is a terrific project for today!

I bought chili fixins at the store the other day. I'm hoping to make a pot this weekend! But...I think everyone else had the same idea because they had no large cans of plain tomato juice so I had to buy V8. Which is fine..but more expensive.
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    Atkins Beef Teriyaki Stir Fry for lunch. Not bad at all! Every bit as good as the local Chinese take out. Similar flavors. 10/10. Excellent.
    lndoj13zca4k.jpg