Roll Call

Options

Replies

• camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Tokyo, Japan. I have been LCHF and on MFP daily since March 2013. Addicted to data! Sometimes get close to keto, but mostly eat too many veggie carbs to get that low most of the time. Lost 11 kg and feel much better! For the newbies, just keep calm and keto on and you will get there. It's a great life.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    South Mississippi here! Have been LCHF/keto since then.
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hopkinton, MA (start of Boston Marathon - so 26 miles West of Boston)
    Lower carb for 3.5weeks

Long-termers here are giving me hope that I can continue this WOE.

Amanda
  • sh512266
    sh512266 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Indiana, USA
    I've been LCHF for about 6 weeks. I went into keto very, very quickly. I've lost 13 lbs and at only 5'3" and a starting weight of 172, I'm quite happy with that. :smile:

Good for you! @ashtaylor83
    Want to be friends? I'd love to see your diet!l, want to be friends? I am familiar with eating low carb but new at Keto, what do you consider Keto? 50g or less? I am struggling to do under 50 while eating only basically veggies and fruit for my carb sources.
  • AshStout83
    AshStout83 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    sh512266 wrote: »
    Indiana, USA
    I've been LCHF for about 6 weeks. I went into keto very, very quickly. I've lost 13 lbs and at only 5'3" and a starting weight of 172, I'm quite happy with that. :smile:

Want to be friends? I'd love to see your diet!l, want to be friends? I am familiar with eating low carb but new at Keto, what do you consider Keto? 50g or less? I am struggling to do under 50 while eating only basically veggies and fruit for my carb sources.

Thanks! We can definitely be friends. I haven't been logging as often, because I know I'm staying under 50 carbs. My first few weeks, I logged absolutely everything. For me, keto is 50 carbs or less. I might be able to eat more, but I haven't tried it. Onions, green peppers, broccoli and asparagus are the only veggies I've been eating.
  • AshStout83
    AshStout83 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    sh512266 wrote: »
    Indiana, USA

Thanks! We can definitely be friends. I haven't been logging as often, because I know I'm staying under 50 carbs. My first few weeks, I logged absolutely everything. For me, keto is 50 carbs or less. I might be able to eat more, but I haven't tried it. Onions, green peppers, broccoli and asparagus are the only veggies I've been eating.

And jalapenos. Lots of jalapenos. :smiley:
  • SunflowerAngel7777
    SunflowerAngel7777 Posts: 19 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I'm Heidi from Washington state, always looking for new positive friends. Been on Keto between 20-30 g carbs per day since July, minis the last 10 days because I was on a mission trip. Back at it strong today though. :) I also have a Pinterest page under the same user name (Angelrose7777) with lots of keto recipes.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Since I'm new here, I thought it would be fun to see where everyone is from & how long each person has been living low carb. Sorry if this has been done tons.

I'm from Minnesota USA, on my 1st week.

And you?

I've lived in a few different states and countries, including MN. :) I currently live in SC.
    I've done low carb off and on (mostly on) for about 4 years now. Been doing a mix of keto and more moderate LCHF since last November, currently back in my keto happy place. :)
  • CeliaSea
    CeliaSea Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Virginia, USA

Started in mid-July, no slip ups through mid-September, down 14 pounds.
    The last two weeks have been another story...stress has definitely gotten the better of me.
    I plan on buckling back down after our big family gathering this weekend, though!
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    ontario here been low carb since may 7th. lost 55 pounds and health has greatly improved. I'm really loving this woe.
  • SuesNewImage
    SuesNewImage Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    From the land down under, an Aussie.
    Been LCHF 480 days now.
    Aim for 30g carbs but average 45.
    Shed 89lb so far.
    Health benefits im feeling is amazing. Couldnt walk through supermarket 15 months ago but now can shop all day.
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Hi guys.

I've been here before. :) I lost 20 kgs and have managed to maintain that weight loss for over a year now by watching my carbs.

I've been sidetracked with some MAJOR life dramas including having to walk away from charity work that I loved, my mother being hospitalised and then abused while in the hospital, my daughter being the target of an internet predator and more recently the death of my father. The last year or so has sucked. A lot. It has had some great moments too but it's been really tough.

I'm planning a holiday to the UK and Ireland with my Mum in May. Yay! I want to shift some fat before I get to sit in an airplane seat for 21 hrs each way so that I can be more comfortable.

I'm still not feeling the best after my Dad passing a couple of weeks ago but I can't let myself slide into Netflix and carb bingeing episodes.

So here I am. :smile:
  • naildriver61
    naildriver61 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    North Mississippi here. 15 months keto and maintaining for the last 6 months.
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I could of sworn I posted on here already, but dont see it. Im Brittany from the swamps of New Orleans,LA. Been keto for @ 4 mos. Currently in a plateau
  • annalisbeth74
    annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Memphis, TN. Been keto since April 15, 2015. Almost a year and a half. Down 75 lbs (size 18 to a 6) and almost at goal. Unfortunately, I have no idea what "goal" really is because this is the lowest I've ever weighed. Almost 1 week into a round of whole30 to try and break a 2 month stall. So far, so good. I do miss cheese, though.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Sajyana wrote: »
    Hi guys.

I've been here before. :) I lost 20 kgs and have managed to maintain that weight loss for over a year now by watching my carbs.

I've been sidetracked with some MAJOR life dramas including having to walk away from charity work that I loved, my mother being hospitalised and then abused while in the hospital, my daughter being the target of an internet predator and more recently the death of my father. The last year or so has sucked. A lot. It has had some great moments too but it's been really tough.

I'm planning a holiday to the UK and Ireland with my Mum in May. Yay! I want to shift some fat before I get to sit in an airplane seat for 21 hrs each way so that I can be more comfortable.

I'm still not feeling the best after my Dad passing a couple of weeks ago but I can't let myself slide into Netflix and carb bingeing episodes.

So here I am. :smile:

You can do this. I know how hard dealing with a loss can be and how easy it is to turn back to those foods. They won't help. Keep on track!
  • Robbnva
    Robbnva Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Frederick Maryland
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    @Sajyana (hugs) and welcome back. :)
  • judis100
    judis100 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm new both to LC and this group. Have been reading "Refuse to Regain" by B Berkeley and trying her Primarian diet (similar to Paleo).

I live in Vermont, single mom to 2 teenage girls.