October 2016 Weight Loss Goals - Please Join!

Options
For the month of September @DanceDiva234 made a wonderful discussion where we could all share our goals. I would love to continue this into October and keep our motivation up into the fall. So, would you please join me in posting and tracking your goals throughout the month?

Replies

• Working2BBetter
    Working2BBetter Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I need some more accountability to keep me on track!

My goal for October is to be more mindful of what I am eating, and to lose 5lbs by the end of the month.

CW: 143
    October Goal: 138
    Final Goal: 136
  • LostintheAmazon
    LostintheAmazon Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'll get in on this! I am setting the goal for myself to get back into an organized athletic activity and lose 10lbs by the end of the month.

CW: 141
    October goal: 130
    Final goal: 130
  • lalauren1
    lalauren1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    CW: 134
    October Goal: 130
    Final Goal: 123

My heaviest was 165 and lightest was 115. I've been on an upward swing for the past several months where it seems like I can't control myself when it comes to food! I'm looking forward to having some gal pals for mutual encouragement along the way back to not busting through the seams of my clothing.
  • SamSkye15
    SamSkye15 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Coolness. My goal will be to workout more.
    Cw: 132
    October goal:125
    Final goal:120
  • sunny_d22
    sunny_d22 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I'm at 157.2 today. My goal is under 155 by the end of October.
  • katiely95
    katiely95 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    CW: 126.6
    October Goal: 121.0
    UWG: 112.0
  • danimorton
    danimorton Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in! This summer has been bad!
    CW: 140.0
    October Goal: 137.0
    Final Goal: 135.0
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    CW: 130.3 (9/30)
    GW: 129 (by 10/31)
    UGW Range: 125-128
    Height: 5'1
  • Silveya
    Silveya Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to this!

SW (Oct, 1st): 125.2 lbs
    Oct 08, 2016:
    Oct 15, 2016:
    Oct 22, 2016:
    Oct 29, 2016:

GW (Oct, 31st): 120.0 lbs Height: 5'4"

We learn something even on the bad days / weeks. All of it moves us forward even if we can't see it yet. We "will" get there!
  • BananaBite
    BananaBite Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Thank you for starting a new topic! I can't wait for October :D

5 lbs was a bit of an unrealistic goal for a month. So for October, my goal is to lose 2 pounds.

CW: 119.0 lbs at 5'0"
    GW: 117.0 lbs
    UGW: 110 lbs

10-7-2016:
    10-14-2016:
    10-21-2016:
    10-28-2016:

My other goal is to work out more regularly. A main issue why I don't lose weight is because lack of exercise. Hope everyone does well! Just remember, baby steps lead to great accomplishments. Be a doer, not a thinker. :)
  • cjane917
    cjane917 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

CW: 145
    October Goal: 139

Ultimate Goal: 120s-130s (I'll see how my body looks when I get there and decide where I want to go!)

Height: 5'7"

I'm also somewhat new to MFP and am looking for some accountability partners. I log my food most days and do regular weigh-ins. Friend me if you're interested in keeping each other accountable for our October goals!
  • niamhjruss
    niamhjruss Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm generally a lurker but I'm hoping announcing a goal will keep me committed. I've been gaining and losing the same five pounds for awhile, and I want to take it to the next level this month!

CW is 124.5
    October goal is 119
    Ultimate goal is whatever weight looks lean
    Height: 5' 3"
  • BananaBite
    BananaBite Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Thank you for starting the October weight loss topic! I can't weight for this new month.

I've decided to aim for 2 pounds this month.

CW: 119 lbs a 5'0
    October GW: 117 lbs

Remember: Don't be a dreamer, be a doer! ;)<3

• wenmft
    wenmft Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I need this! I am just trying to get in shape again and perhaps this is the motivation and accountability I need.

CW: 165
    Height: 5'10"
    October Goal: 160
  • viaTess
    viaTess Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I need to make a HABIT of exercise and eating well, for the rest of my life!

Height 5'4 w/latina build
    CW 142
    GW 135 with some muscle built for carrying groceries up to the apartment, honestly

October goal - Hit 140 or lower and stick to 6 workouts of both cardio and strength and 1 yoga/stretch/rest workout each week + celebrate 50 daily workouts (including the yoga) on October 25th!
  • lalauren1
    lalauren1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was good! I had a workout when I usually wouldn't (I'm a Mon-Fri gal usually) and tracked my food. Not a super low cal day, but I had lots of energy and a good mood from the workout and am pumped I actually tracked! (I have become so lazy about tracking). Small steps!
  • Palmtrees22
    Palmtrees22 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in! Love the group support and personal goals! Feel free to add me as a friend
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Thanks for continuing, i didn't do so well during September.
    My goal for October is to lose 2 or 3 pounds and to drink broth after dinner for a snack instead of having a mocha decaf.....or two.
  • MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I didn't hit my September goal, but here's to happy October.

Height: 5'7"
    CW: 175.3
    Oct GW: 169.7 (-5.5lbs)
    Ultimate GW: 160 or less

I'm also tracking my measurements (neck, bicep, chest, waist, hips, butt, thigh (upper and mid), and calf). I used to go to Curves with my mom as a teenager and I remember even when the scale didn't budge too much, losing all those inches was really good motivation.

I only lost a few pounds in September, but I lost over 8" total, mostly off my chest, waist, hips, and thighs (yay!!!).

So here's to October's goals: Lose 5.5lbs, at least 5 more inches! To accomplish this, I'll keep up with my 3x weekly strength training, spin class at least once per week, Pilates and/or yoga once per week, and 4x walks per week that include at least 10 minutes of running. Now that the weather is finally starting to cool off in South GA, it's going to be so much easier to run outside again!!!

Good luck, everyone!