What's your favorite running accessory?

Options

Replies

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    clepant wrote: »
    Favorite is probably my new Garmin GPS watch, but I'm a big fan of my flip belt. I can stuff whatever I need in there and it doesn't annoy me to wear. I'm going to have to switch to a hydration belt though with needing to carry more water for the summer as I run more.

Did you know that you can get water bottles for your flip belt?

Well, now I do!! Thanks! I just looked them up and realize I'd seen someone with one and didn't know why they had that weird shape bottle. Thumbs up!
  • perk1960
    perk1960 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    ipod touch. I love running to music.
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Favorite is probably my new Garmin GPS watch, but I'm a big fan of my flip belt. I can stuff whatever I need in there and it doesn't annoy me to wear. I'm going to have to switch to a hydration belt though with needing to carry more water for the summer as I run more.

Well, now I do!! Thanks! I just looked them up and realize I'd seen someone with one and didn't know why they had that weird shape bottle. Thumbs up!
    I had one of those, but it didn't work for me :/ I wrote about it in the January challenge. Maybe other people have more luck with it, but I went back to my PUMA-Hydration-Waist-Belt - a nice large water bottle at the back, a little pocket to store keys and stuff at the front, wouldn't want to miss it! Sometimes I fill it 1/3rd with water, put it in the freezer the evening before, then top it up with the rest of my drink just before the run. That way, the water's also cold in the end :)

Another accessory which hasn't been mentioned: elastic laces! I bought some of those weird Xtenex laces for two pairs of shoes a while ago. Getting them adjusted in the first place was annoying, but now that I have the "right setting", I don't have to fiddle with the shoe laces ever again. If they were cheaper, I'd put them on all my running shoes - but I have too many running shoes B)
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    @_nikkiwolf_ Those laces are interesting :)
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    These were great. My must have now is my Garmin Vivoactive HR. I've only had it for a couple of months, but I love it and can't run without it.
  • arialb122
    arialb122 Posts: 34 Member
    Options

The FlipBelt water bottle did not work for me either. I had a lot of difficulty getting it to stay in the slots, and then when it finally did, it left me with horrible chafing. The chafing may just be due to my bottom endowment though!
  • pandalovesyou
    pandalovesyou Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My SPIbelt and my Bluetooth headphones. I didn't realize what I was missing until I had them.
  • CGar321
    CGar321 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My Garmin Fenix3, love it!! Also just got bluetooth headphones after a funny encounter during a race with my wired headphones at the finish line.
  • dowelahmed
    dowelahmed Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin Vivoactive HR, great piece of kit if a bit chunky. It's certainly allowed me to find out how far I'm actually walking since I'm always doing it at any given opportunity!
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go with just my phone. I use it to run my gps, fitbit, music, run apps (zombie run and charity miles), and now I will even pull up pokemon go if I'm in a known good location (I won't leave it on because of battery drain). It is weird but I usually have 4-5 programs going on my phone before I take off.

Although now I'm going to have to look into Bluetooth headphones since they seem to be popular.
  • Marjael
    Marjael Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My dog! Does she count? If not, then my second favorite is my Garmin Fenix 3. Love, love, love it for running and hiking. Before I got it, I would have said my phone, as I like both the Run Meter and Zombies, Run apps.
  • Marjael
    Marjael Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Azercord wrote: »
    I'm going to go with just my phone. I use it to run my gps, fitbit, music, run apps (zombie run and charity miles), and now I will even pull up pokemon go if I'm in a known good location (I won't leave it on because of battery drain). It is weird but I usually have 4-5 programs going on my phone before I take off.

Although now I'm going to have to look into Bluetooth headphones since they seem to be popular.

LOL, me too! Now I even got the stupid Pokemon Go app going to hatch eggs... I worry whether I'll finish a run with any battery left.
  • vs_shine
    vs_shine Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Beats by Dr. Dre Powerbeats² Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Headphones - Blue
    114p1f3r3euf.jpg

And I jog with my dog so I love his jogging collar/bungee leash/belt that wraps around my waist so there is no tugging on my arm while we jog. Has light reflectors too.
    Stunt Puppy - Go Dog Glo Stunt Runner
    w859vejgan09.jpg
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I can't pick one.
    In no particular order - although I do think I wouldnt be able to live without it so maybe it is #1 - my Garmin.
    It's a toss up between my running socks - Balenga, Swiftwick and Feetures (they've been my #1 go to lately but they were a Mother's Day gift too so they have the attachment thing going for them) and my running visor. I sweat so much and glasses get fogged up/wet. The visor keeps the sweat somewhat at bay, keeps the sun out of my eyes but not as warm as a full hat.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    These Sherpa gloves/mittens have been my constant companion this winter (I'm in southern Australia).

I've worn them every day. I can use my phone easily while running by just flipping the ends back.

I also put little hand warmer bags in the mitten bits when on walks, when I don't get as warm as when I run.

Best $20 I ever spent.

B57C8F49-C740-42A9-B2F5-135723AC1BCC_zps4tat4o4u.jpg
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    My Garmin watch would have to be #1, but closely behind are my hydration belt and my Bluetooth headphones. ❤❤❤
  • lissadecker
    lissadecker Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I love my Buddy System leash which lets me take both my dogs with me and leaves my hands free. I also dig my Fitbit Blaze. I don't really have any other accessories, but I am eye-balling those Flipbelts; I think I could use one. :)
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    My favorite accessories are my BeSportWise running belt and my Nike visor. The belt holds my phone and keys (and my ID if I remember to bring it), and the visor keeps the sweaty hair out of my eyes. I am considering wearing the visor on the treadmill because the sweaty hair thing is getting annoying. (I have short hair and can't pull it back.)
  • SariC3
    SariC3 Posts: 69 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Garmin 920xt
    Flip Belt (I haven't noticed mine getting heavier, but I love no phone bounce at all)
    Yurbuds
    RockmyRun
    Tifosi

IronDoggy Leash when near roads

and Pokemon Go HA!