Old Habits Are Waaaaaaay Too Easy to Fall Back Into

Options
Twibbly
Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
Working on cutting out the Dr. Pepper, again.

I need to permanently kick it.

I think...LaCroix is going back on the shopping list, even if it is expensive, because I keep going for the fizzy.

Replies

• all4thehealthofit
    all4thehealthofit Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I agree about the old habits...especially around people and environments that make you want to revert. Good luck!
  • Twibbly
    Options
    I agree about the old habits...especially around people and environments that make you want to revert. Good luck!

Uh, yeah. I do much better when there's no Dr. Pepper in the house, but that doesn't happen when the person sitting next to me has a 4-a-day habit!
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    What about diet. Dr.p?
  • PamWOhio
    PamWOhio Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I used to be a Coke and Pepsi drinker depending on what year we were at. A few years back I bought a Soda Stream machine and started using their colas because they were half artifical sweetener and half real sugar so the calories were cut down considerably. Now I am using the Soda Stream to make my own flavored waters with Mios and similar water enhancers and for cola I just tried Coke Zero and love it. I heard that Diet Dr. Pepper was really good. Have you tried it?
  • Twibbly
    Options
    KetoLady86 wrote: »
    What about diet. Dr.p?

I don't do diet. I might, every once in a long while, grab a Zevia soda (sweetened with stevia).
  • Twibbly
    Options
    PamWOhio wrote: »
    I used to be a Coke and Pepsi drinker depending on what year we were at. A few years back I bought a Soda Stream machine and started using their colas because they were half artifical sweetener and half real sugar so the calories were cut down considerably. Now I am using the Soda Stream to make my own flavored waters with Mios and similar water enhancers and for cola I just tried Coke Zero and love it. I heard that Diet Dr. Pepper was really good. Have you tried it?

I haven't used a Soda Stream and don't do diet drinks (I tend to react badly to aspartame, Ace K, and Splenda).

I do, however, get the fizzy flavored waters, like LaCroix. I'd cut them out due to budget issues, but it might be time to sneak them back in.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Try seltzer water with a squirt of Stur stevia sweetened water enhancer. They might have a black cherry one that tastes a bit like Dr. Pepper. Mio has a couple flavors sweetened with stevia. Some supermarkets locally, have 2 liter store brand seltzer water for 69 cents.
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    The Soda Stream just carbonates your water. You can put flavor in it if you like, add lime or lemon juice, or just drink the soda water plain. No need to sweeten it.
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I found that diet Dr. Pepper causes sugar spikes for me. Diet Coke or Pepsi have no effect.
    I've tried the La Croix stuff but it still has a strange un-natural taste to me. I'm good with most seltzer waters that are flavored though.
  • Catawampous
    Catawampous Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Totally can relate to this post. For me it's Mt. Dew. Seriously bad habit and I have managed to walk away from it. Haven't had one in six months. However I still do fall to a Pepsi every once in a while when we have Pizza.
  • Twibbly
    Options
    My goal for October is NONE. Hubby has been told to tell me no if I ask for one of his. :p
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,422 Member
    Options
    I have fallen into the diet Mt Dew trap as I have been dealing with energy issues due to some medical stuff. I am kicking it out next week, switching back to zevia. I do need to buy some la croix, thanks for the reminder!
  • gypsy8080
    gypsy8080 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I quit peanuts (and all nuts) for months and did better with cravings in general. Over the last few weeks, I've been eating peanuts again, and have totally stalled. I've also been going crazy with artificial sweeteners and diet sodas, especially Coke Zero. I started a new job in August, and I'm taking three night classes this semester, and I'm starting to feel the stress. It's no excuse, but my cravings get the best of me when I'm feeling the pressure. I've got to get a handle on it, especially as the holidays approach.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    I found that diet Dr. Pepper causes sugar spikes for me. Diet Coke or Pepsi have no effect.

No kidding? Kudos to you for that bit of sleuthing! Any idea what's up with DDP?
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »

No kidding? Kudos to you for that bit of sleuthing! Any idea what's up with DDP?

I have no idea what it is about the formula. Honestly once I was able to single out what was causing the spikes I put it down and haven't gone back. I can say that both Coke and Pepsi don't taste anywhere as sweet as the ddp does and I think that should have been a clue to me!
  • KetoGirl_ZC
    KetoGirl_ZC Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Naturally sparkling water (Badoit, Perrier, Voss etc) with lime juice or infused with fruit. All the bubbles, none of the guilt.

::flowerforyou::