Schwaggggggg

Options

Replies

• ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I won this lovely, HUGE bell today at Tour de Fat Denver. Love it. I only sacrificed my dignity (in a flamingo costume on a fat bike) to obtain it.
    Meh. Dignity is overrated. :smiley:

Nice bell!

• 35dollars
    35dollars Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    (in a flamingo costume on a fat bike) to obtain it.

now this is what we need a photo of!
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
  • ntnunk
    Options
    A new toy arrived today. Can't wait to go home and play with this tonight.
    adhbvqw0655d.jpg
  • 35dollars
    Options
    This one will probably be appreciated more by football (soccer) supporting cyclists, especially from the North of England, who I'm sure will all want one:

f4dh6s8hrpbd.jpg

The colours aren't terribly authentic - it's more pink than claret, unfortunately, but that's what £25 gets you.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    The problem with Football team related jerseys (IMHO of course), being tribal & all that. You're far more likely to get idiots in cars/vans etc. (who support other teams) being a tw@s to you whilst out on your bike if you wear your team's colours... So I tend to avoid it at all costs.

The closest I get to wearing my team's colours is last year's MTN Qhubeka kit - You can guess the team maybe? ;)
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    cloggsy71 wrote: »
    The closest I get to wearing my team's colours is last year's MTN Qhubeka kit - You can guess the team maybe? ;)

Got to be Juventus ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

okok try again... Newcastle (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)
  • 35dollars
    Options
    The problem with Football team related jerseys (IMHO of course), being tribal & all that. You're far more likely to get idiots in cars/vans etc. (who support other teams) being a tw@s to you whilst out on your bike if you wear your team's colours... So I tend to avoid it at all costs.;)

I tend to agree - I'm probably going to save this for riding in some sort of event rather than general commuting, which has more than it's share of idiots already
  • cloggsy71
    Options
    narak_lol wrote: »
    okok try again... Newcastle (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)

Yeah. I don't like football; that's why I support Newcastle... Although this year, after a shakey start, we're doing Ok...

Will we go back up? Time will tell...
  • ntnunk
    Options
    Just got back from a tent/warehouse cleanout sale at the local Performance Bike shop. They had this, new in the box, for $75. I simply could not resist...
    5ih2a27e1p5y.jpg
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,207 Member
    Options
    ntnunk wrote: »
    Just got back from a tent/warehouse cleanout sale at the local Performance Bike shop. They had this, new in the box, for $75. I simply could not resist...
    5ih2a27e1p5y.jpg

I could have resisted. Those scare me. I will stick with my trainer for now. Good price though.
  • ntnunk
    Options
    I could have resisted. Those scare me. I will stick with my trainer for now. Good price though.

I've been wanting a set of rollers for skills and balance work for a while. I came very close to pulling the trigger on a set of Tacx Galaxia rollers just about 3 days ago. Glad I waited.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Installed
    • SRAM Apex Shifters
    • SRAM Apex Front and Rear Mech
    • SRAM PG-1070 Cassette 11/28
    • SRAM PC-1071Chain
    • FSA 34t & FSA 50t chanring
    • Jagwire Road Pro DIY cable kit

And Picked up a Limited Run Jersey from my favorite Brewery. Rhinegeist...

nru39co9mzf5.jpeg
    xnmu5m675hx3.jpeg
    56e9g0fmr308.jpeg
    xluqt60f4j2v.jpeg
    xzouqkz6ptsa.jpg
    flm13k65dgwu.jpeg
    xurzczdt9bi8.jpg
  • niblue
    niblue Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Got quite a few bits of cycling schwag recently:
    - some cheap clip-on aero bars which I'm trying on my Roubaix. Kind of like them but don't like the amount of bar-space they take up
    - A soft bike bag from Planet-X which I'm using to store my road bike in my London flat
    - Various lights from the recent Aldi sale of bike stuff
    - Various Planet-X winter riding kit - bib longs and long sleeved shirts
    - A Garmin 810, also from the recent Aldi bike stuff sale
    - A SRAM Apex rear mech to replace the one I trashed on my Boardman (I run an Apex rear mech to replace the original Rival one as I use a 11-32 cassette). Also had to get a new mech hanger for the Boardman too as that got bend in the same incident
    - A cycling shirt from one of the shops in San Francisco, Pacific Cycles. I was there recently for a conference and often pick up a local cycling shirt when I'm travelling somewhere interesting

Currently trying to decide what to do about the drivetrain on my Roubaix - it's somewhat of a bitsa at the moment (mostly 9-speed Tiagra but with other Shimano bits including an XTR mountain bike rear mech so I can run a 11-32 cassette). I might just pick up a 10-speed 105 groupset (not 11-speed as I'd also have to change wheels) although part of me is saying the current setup is working fine so just leave it. Also bought some bar-tape to finally get round to tidying up the current shoddy mess on the Roubaix.
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    New CX suit. This one's for you @TheBigYin

5bsklatt5503.png
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,683 Member
    Options
    I actually quite like that one...

Just got a parcel from the chinese knock off factory yesterday morning - some retro kit, a couple of long-sleeve numbers and a short-sleeve that I simply couldn't resist...

they're not all that bad actually - decent enough fabric, cut is reasonably ok (the neckline/collar is a little iffy in its finishing - as in the two sides of the collar are about 3mm from meeting evenly - you see it when they're laid out, but it's not noticeable when they're being ridden...

The colour shade is a bit off on the Solo Superia, and there is a bit of a howler on the S.Pellegrino jersey though... Or should I say S.Pelle egrino :smiley: but the PDM is actually very close to the Ultima Original i've got in the "too big to wear now I've lost some weight kitbag"...

30185525185_be5fa00342_o.jpg

29889933290_e0d0b4f90d_o.jpg

29556491434_f94175bb79_o.jpg

there was also a s/s version of the S.Pellegrino shirt, which wasn't afflicted by the misprint, but I wore that on Thursday, and it's covered in mud-spots.

Basically, they were £40 worth of bright, semi-disposable over-shirts to wear on the 'cross bike while out in winter - something light, bright and easily noticeable that I can wear over the Gabba and nanoflexes, still be seen by myopic car drivers (especially the S.Pellegrino - it's REALLY orange!!) without having to resort to hi-viz... And, hopefully, if I can get my *kitten* into gear and re-start the reducing diet again, they'll be too big for next year, so it'll only be £40 for 6 months wear rather than nearer £240...

• cloggsy71
    Options
    The Osymetric rings turned up for the CX today

nuwwjl5edgf0.jpg
    iwlokdqmp4mc.jpg

48/34

I'll get 'em fitted tomorrow or Monday for the ride on Tuesday ;)
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,683 Member
    Options
    34/48... Oooooh - Spinny!!

think my CaadX came with a FSA 46/36 (which was a P.O.S.) which was far TOO cross-specific, for off-road I'd happily go with a 46/34 setup but for the mixed use it gets with me, a plain "normal" 50/34 compact seems to be fine - I just treat it as a 10 speed and keep it on the 34 for the muddy stuff - that way if the chainring gets eaten by the grime, it's only the relatively cheap granny ring and not the "arm and a leg" Ultegra Big Ring...