Sept 2016 sleevers

Options
loridawn16701
loridawn16701 Posts: 37 Member
My surgery is scheduled for September, looking for others in sept.

Replies

• spears_family40
    spears_family40 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Me!
  • necoady
    necoady Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My surgery is 8/31 - so, close enough!
  • GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Sept 1!!
  • mayakiss
    mayakiss Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Surgery date is Sept 12
  • lavazula
    lavazula Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in the process now of lining up surgery! hopefully end of Sept!! I'm nervous and excited.
  • jmarie1967
    jmarie1967 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm having sleeve surgery oct 14th, is that close enough? Would love to follow your progress
  • Cheryl188
    Cheryl188 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Aiming for end of September, but no date set yet. Anyone can add me!
    HW 338
    CW 252
    GW 138
  • loridawn16701
    loridawn16701 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Got my date today! 09/08
  • PudgyPigeon
    PudgyPigeon Posts: 89 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    September 6th!
    I start the 2 week liquid diet today! Aaah! The excitement and nervousness is real!! :D

Please feel free to add me!

HW 405
    CW 367
    GW 160
  • zuhoor
    zuhoor Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mine is Sept 13th...starting my restricted diet tomorrow!
  • Diane_1984
    Diane_1984 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Im booked for 27/09 a bit nervous..started shake diet last week down nearly 6kgs..I read that some people have issues with their teeth afterwards so now I am a bit worried..
  • lavazula
    lavazula Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Diane_1984 wrote: »
    Im booked for 27/09 a bit nervous..started shake diet last week down nearly 6kgs..I read that some people have issues with their teeth afterwards so now I am a bit worried..
    What did you hear about issues with their teeth? I haven't heard that. curious.
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    The teeth thing can happen if you don't supplement your multivitamins with (or use one that includes) Calcium Citrate. A lot of people skip it either not realizing they need it or trying to be cheap about their vitamins.
  • StevenGarrigus
    StevenGarrigus Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Had my sleeve done on 08/18. Loving life again and feeling better than I have since my early 20's!
  • aynos77
    aynos77 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had vsg 9-23!! 1 week and 1 day out and feeling pretty good ! HW-289 / SW-273/ CW-253
  • Mija1104
    Mija1104 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I had my VSG on 9/26/16. One week and down 10 lbs!! Glad this is the last week of liquids-only diet though, as I'm not tolerating a lot of the protein drinks they want me to drink.
  • StevenGarrigus
    Options
    Mija1104 wrote: »
    I had my VSG on 9/26/16. One week and down 10 lbs!! Glad this is the last week of liquids-only diet though, as I'm not tolerating a lot of the protein drinks they want me to drink.

The protein drinks are rough. The only one I have found I can consistently stand to drink is Premier Protein Chocolate. Which is odd since I always preferred the strawberry flavor before and now I nearly gag when I smell the strawberry drinks! Muscle Milk's chocolate isn't too bad either.

• Mija1104
    Mija1104 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Premier Protein drinks are the ones that make me gag. LOL I did find a powder that I can mix with 1% milk or almond milk that is pretty tasty, so I've gotten more protein the 2nd week of the liquid phase. Still, I can't wait to have a little cottage cheese, or a scrambled egg . . . LOL
  • StevenGarrigus
    Options
    Mija1104 wrote: »
    Premier Protein drinks are the ones that make me gag. LOL I did find a powder that I can mix with 1% milk or almond milk that is pretty tasty, so I've gotten more protein the 2nd week of the liquid phase. Still, I can't wait to have a little cottage cheese, or a scrambled egg . . . LOL

It's funny how different everyone is with what they can tolerate after the surgery. I've tried a couple other brands and aside from Muscle Milk, Premier Protein is the only one I can stomach now.

Cottage cheese & scrambled eggs....it was heaven when I was finally able to add those in. Though as odd as this may sound, I'm at the point where I have been able to add salad greens and ground beef into my diet with no issues....but eggs still hurt my stomach. Scrambled, sunny side up, hard boiled...doesn't matter. They hurt my tummy. :(