October 2016

Options
SweetPeasMom55
SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
OMG where does all the laundry come from? :#
Last week a couple loads and I was so done this week maybe I was being more selective and didn't put it all together or something but it seemed I had a zillion loads. Maybe I didn't do it all last week? Well this week I did it all.

Granted I had to run to a wake last night so I had to take a break and finish up this morning but still it was never ending.

So I had picked up some clothes which I have now decided are more spring summer weight and as the bank is cool I packed them up til spring and am going to only wear warm clothes to work. I am freezing my tuckus off. I can't believe that Sept is gone and we are now into Oct. well my coworkers eat candy in the safe area. Ok I knew it would be too good to be true to have a workplace where people didn't eat. Honestly it doesn't bother me except when they are eating reese cups and the peanut butter bothers me. As I am new and so many of my coworkers are pregnant I hate to say they can't have the candy fix they desire. So I just make sure every day I take my meds and stay clear of their peanut butter hands.

Hope everyone is doing well this weekend. Til later :)

Replies

• Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I have my fencing competition this afternoon! I know I have not trained as much as I need, but my goal is to have fun, so that isn't a huge issue for me!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!! <3@CaptainBoing if you have fun then you won!! Have a great day!!!

Ok I finally logged my weight I have kept off my little weight loss for a month so I figured it was safe it wouldn't pop back up and depress me to have to log a gain. Well I need to exercise til later,
  • 1skholloway
    1skholloway Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    @CaptainBoing best wishes on your competition today! Have fun!
  • Dory_42
    Options
    I had loads of fun and was happy with my performance even though I didn't make it through the first round.
  • 1skholloway
    Options
    @CaptainBoing sounds like success to me. Congratulations!
  • blitzbis
    blitzbis Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Had a great weekend. House/dog sitting for my sister in law on a bayou. So peaceful there. My sister in law allowed me to invite my sister, best friend and their husbands to join us. It was a very nice time! Haven't all all 6 of us together for longer than a lunch in about 3 years.

I have rededicated myself once again to healthy eating now that birthday month, cruise etc are over. Still pleased that I did pretty well on the cruise but since we didn't get to the grocery store last week, ate out a lot and that's not when I make my best choices.

Hope everyone is off to a great October.
  • JanolaBarbara
    JanolaBarbara Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    @CaptainBoing -- Glad you at least had a good time. What's next for you?!

@2020pinktogo -- I think where ever there are people, there's food. lol. Seems like you've got plenty of willpower, though!! I guess you have peanut allergies?

@blitzbis -- Glad you had a good weekend with your family and friends. Sounds like you are ready to have a great October!

Well, I also can't believe it's October already! It's cool and drizzly here, with some sun as well. My headaches are still hanging around. I read a book about premenopause and have decided to continue my low allergy diet. However, I am also giving up coffee and chocolate and resuming eating legumes (hooray! have missed hummus and etc). I ordered some supplements and a progesterone cream that are supposed to help. I hope so, because I miss my old self!
  • Dory_42
    Options
    I have no competitions lined up, although we might have a small fencing one with another club in a town a few hours away sometime. For now I am just enjoying both sports, summer and working on improving my skills. I do have a jui jitsu girls weekend in November which is going to be awesome!

I haven't had knee rehab in two weeks because of protests, but today we are training on the beach! My cute rehab guy did come and support me at the competition on Sunday. He is such a sweetheart when he is not trying to kill me at training.

I am deciding if i want to sign up for the ocean racing series this summer...
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    @JanolaBarbara Yep the dreaded peanut. But I swear I have never worked some place where there were so many pregnant people all at once. I think another one is too but I don't want to say anything till I know for sure but most fat people don't look like this. Plus she has massive mood swings and the hub that she works in is a bunch of women my age and they just laugh and roll their eyes at her so the other tell tail sign.

Yesterday I took in to my old job all my old clothes for Rachel. She had asked me for them and I said when things settle down I'll bring them in for you. Amy was like so you're really not coming back? I was like NOPE She then goes you're giving all your stuff to Rachel your work jeans, polos ,sweatshirts? I go yes everything. LOL She is a single mom we are the same size and now I have pretty clothes I wear and if I'm just running out I can throw on my yoga pants I still own one pair of jeans. ;)

Time for me to get my rear in gear. Have a great day everyone!!!

@CaptainBoing if you think the racing series may be something you would enjoy then go for it!!! :) Nothing ventured nothing gained.
  • 1skholloway
    Options
    Well I'm still having stomach problems so this has been going on for a month. I went back to the doctor yesterday. He thinks I still have the bacterial infection in my gut. I have to have tests run today. Basically there's no treatment at this point because too much of the antibiotics can also cause the infection. I am taking probiotics. Thankfully I am much better and I feel good as long as I eat saltine crackers and rice. Oatmeal is tolerable and doesn't cause too many problems. Today I'm going to eat spaghetti and boiled chicken. The doctor said no exercise until I feel better. I'm not very happy about that even though I don't like exercise I know I need it. I ate lunch with my parents Sunday and they had salads, the worst tasting thing they ate, and I wanted some, along with everything else. I never thought I would miss salad. Again, not a favorite but something I know that is good for me and that I need. The good news is the doctor doesn't think this is diverticulitis as he initially thought. Also, I have so much work with my seasonal job that the time away from the gym can be well spent. This illness is helping me to appreciate healthy eating and exercise.
  • Dory_42
    Options
    I have done Ocean Racing for the last two years, but never actually get to all the races, so trying to decide if it is worth the expense or should I just swim on my own.
  • blitzbis
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @JanolaBarbara and @1skholloway I can't believe you both are still under the weather. I am such a wimp that when I am sick for more than a day the whole family know it. I can't imagine feeling like poo for over a month. Hope the headaches and stomach discomfort get remedied soon.

@CaptainBoing You seem to be pretty motivated to work out so you may not need to make the investment in the races. I however, need to have something hanging over my head from sometimes to help motivate me.

@2020pinktogo yea on giving up your old work clothes. That must feel good. We seem to be having the opposite problem at my work. I have a therapist going through fertility treatments so I am getting to hear lots of info on cycle days, overseas pharmacies etc. I feel for her though. Chris and I went through that about 9 years ago and though we stopped short of IVF I remember being as obsessed with it as she is.

It's a great day in East Texas, getting ready to head out walking. Hope all are doing well and feeling better soon.
  • NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Okay, I got stuck in last month again. But I came here quicker than last time. :)
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Ok I posted in Sept to chat with you but I came over here so you know I am back in Oct. LOL
  • blitzbis
    Options
    This has been a long week everyone. OUt for a conference 2 days that was supposed to only be 2 half days but my relief that was supposed to be there at 11:30 didn't get to the conference until 230 one day and 345 the next. Geez Louise!

Anyway back at work and back on track hope everyone is having a great October!
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    Hi. I'm doing a bit better now. Finally. The days seem long, but the weeks are flying by. Can't believe it's October already. The kids are already talking Halloween. School rule for Halloween Day: costumes ok but no clowns!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Why no clowns? r u having what we are having and clowns have been abducting kids from parks and public areas?
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    I haven't heard of clown abductions, but we've had clown threats on social media to various schools in the area. Bunch of copy cat kids. The more publicity, the more clowns we'll have. :(
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Another good thing about the bank no dressing up in costume. LOL
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    Yes, you wouldn't want anyone wearing a mask at a bank.

I mowed the lawn today. It's just not the same as mowing in the summer. No sweat, no workout. So it can't really count as exercise. :(