OCTOBER. A NEW BEGINNING. CAN YOU DIG IT?

Options
zumbaforever
zumbaforever Posts: 6,871 Member
edited October 2016 in Social Groups
Ok girlfriend's the Holidays are fast approaching. So we need to stay strong. Develope new eating habits. Dust off the weights and cardio machines. Get up and move for a minimum of 30 minutes daily. Drink more water and say no to trigger foods!

Replies

• zumbaforever
    Options
    149 this morning. Hangs head. Much better day today. :)

Shelley
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,340 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Man! Shelley! That's a lot to remember!!!! :o Okay, fine...

138.4 this morning.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,690 Member
    Options
    I've been eating okay and not losing weight and am checking if these factors help:
    1. No more soda
    2. More water
    3. More cardio exercise (have endorphin rush for legs)
    4. Keep high protein
    5. But it helps to get a carb once in awhile??
    6. More strength exercise (develop endorphin rush for arms/core)

Starting at 169 (yay, out of the 70's!)

Paula
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Starting at 198.6. You're absolutely correct Shelley. I have to do more. More healthier eating, more exercise, focus, focus and focus. Drink more water!
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    I am doing better. Down a pound. I see you are all starting out fabulously!

Chris I wish I weighed that little. Working on catching up to you.

Paula congratulations! Stay strong.

Kathy, you amaze me. Look how long you have stayed in Onderland! Shoot for under 190 before the New Year. You can succeed.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Shelley, ya gotta work at catching down to me!! bwhahahah! 139.0 this morning.

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    170 today. Now... no sodas and we'll see if it goes down. Testing to see what affect diet sodas have on my weight.

Paula
  • Momcasciotti
    Momcasciotti Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Starting off week for Oct. upping my water intake for the week and already got to the gym. Not sure how much else I will get in. My mother in law is staying with us and I hate working out in front of people!
  • zumbaforever
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Chris I was thinking that when I typed it. :D

Paula I know that sodas effect your cardio pretty quickly. I gave it up when I was at the academy and my run improved a lot. ;)

Lori I invited my mom to work out with me when she visited for a few weeks. Maybe that would work. ;)

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Lori I'm the same way. Don't even like DH coming into my exercise area.

Paula...I used to drink a lot of soda back in the day. When I quit drinking it, I made a deal with myself... if I wanted a soda, I had to drink that much water first. So a 12 oz Diet Pepsi cost me 12 ozs of water first. I don't drink soda any more. I don't even like the taste of it nowadays.

137.8 at 7:00 this morning.

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    I love the idea of a tasty drink with no calories. But if it puts weight on me or has other effects, then it's just as bad as if it was loaded with calories and that's a no-no.

Paula
  • cpanus
    Options
    Paula...I put lemon, lime and cucumber in my water yesterday and it was pretty great!! Drank three big glasses!

Hey, do we have to do the picture business on the other challenge? I got everything else done. Man!

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    My phone is refusing to do pictures. It really doesn't matter for us, since we're ghosts. We get credit for participating.

paula
  • Tazieisland
    Tazieisland Posts: 2,861 Member
    Options
    I need to up my water, exercise, and watching my portions more. I'm trying to be more disciplined working out, but this has been a really trying school year so far. Over half of my class has some sort of learning disability and I have no aide in my classroom. It's been challenging but I'm feeling like I'm finally figuring out some strategies to help my students. Now to work on myself and healthier choices.
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Wishing you success, Pam!

Paula
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    So do I Pam. So do I. :'(

The picture business was week one right? Week one does not count. Last night was my birthday. And I splurged a bit. Weight still under 150, so I am happy.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Wait...A...Minute...I have it down that today is your birthday! OOHHH, I'm so confused...Okay, so here is my belated

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHELLEY!!! HAVE FUN!!! B):D:*<3

Calendar updated! bwahahahah!

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Happy happy Shelley!!!!

paula
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    I was 167.5 this morning - lowest point since June. Been doing some serious workouts, but other than that the only difference is cutting out the soda. The experiment continues...

:heart: paula :heart:
  • Tazieisland
    Tazieisland Posts: 2,861 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday, Shelly! I hope your day was amazing! :)
    Pam