Aldi's

Options
2»

Replies

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    I just found out an Aldi's is opening in the town I do my major grocery shopping...right beside the walmart. I'm so excited and I just can't imagine Aldi's opening in a rural town in the middle of Minnesota but I'll take it!
  • Persephone7676
    Persephone7676 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Their grass fed beef is too notch, due to the mass of bacon in ingest these days I have resorted to Costco and their giant pack of pre cooked bacon. So easy and quick.
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I just threw out a bag of 75% peanuts and 25% cashews from Aldi. I am unable to control myself once I start eating those salted, roasted nuts. Better to forego them. I am also weaning myself off Aldi's Italian tiramisu dessert. I was able to limit myself potion-wise but it had become a staple part of my diet. Their Moser Roth cherry chilli dark chocolate is deadly too. I am in maintenance but carbs have been creeping back in.
  • jasperdog52554
    jasperdog52554 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Abm4n wrote: »
    I just threw out a bag of 75% peanuts and 25% cashews from Aldi. I am unable to control myself once I start eating those salted, roasted nuts. Better to forego them. I am also weaning myself off Aldi's Italian tiramisu dessert. I was able to limit myself potion-wise but it had become a staple part of my diet. Their Moser Roth cherry chilli dark chocolate is deadly too. I am in maintenance but carbs have been creeping back in.

I have that same issue, so I started buying the Unsalted Almonds. Still good, just not too good. I can more easily eat a reasonable amount of them.
  • BT_rescuemom
    BT_rescuemom Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Did shopping for the week (and some stocking up) at Aldi last night!

I wanted to buy all the cheese but I restrained myself. The green veggies actually looked pretty good so we got broccoli, jalapeños, asparagus, and zucchini. Some meat for the week. Pork rinds. Pistachios. Frozen ahi tuna steaks were a nice surprise! Got some shrimp too.

I was happy to see organic coconut oil, didn't need it right now but will get it there from now on most likely.

Probably spent much less than at Meijer, where we usually shop.