Anyone else?

Options
Read16
Read16 Posts: 11 Member
Hi, I was doing well here, but my depression is getting worse. Last time I was this low I lived on egg rolls, popcorn, ice cream, and soda. I don't want to do this any more. The people that said they would support me are becoming my biggest hurdles and don't seem to care at all.
⚠TRIGGER ⚠
I'm even thinking about calling my therapist and asking to be put on a suicide watch.

I just don't know what to do.

Replies

• Mersie1
    Mersie1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I am sorry you are struggling so much C right now and feel like such hell- if you feel you need to, do not hesitate to call your therapist or 9-1-1. There are many who can provide you immediate support. You deserve to feel good and not feel like you are stuck in such a dark place.

Sending you big hugs.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Read16 wrote: »
    Hi, I was doing well here, but my depression is getting worse. Last time I was this low I lived on egg rolls, popcorn, ice cream, and soda. I don't want to do this any more. The people that said they would support me are becoming my biggest hurdles and don't seem to care at all.
    ⚠TRIGGER ⚠
    I'm even thinking about calling my therapist and asking to be put on a suicide watch.

I just don't know what to do.
    Reaching out is a really courageous thing to do, if you're still in a dark place, please do check in with someone in your immediate area, promise?

aw, Hon I'm so sorry you're in such a dark place right now. I'd say if you're thinking about calling your therapist, call her! I know this is about 12 hours after you wrote this and maybe you've already done that or are not feeling so dark. I know how much better I feel after I talk to mine for a few minutes. Sometimes just hearing her voice can help me have a bit more hope to hang on or get distracted by something else.

Take care and be kind to yourself <3
  • Mersie1
    Mersie1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just checking in- how are you feeling today? Better I hope.
  • Read16
    Read16 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Talked to her and felt better. We're going to try changing my meds, and if there is no difference, then try something else.

Thank you all so much for your help too.
  • _LotusSpark_
    _LotusSpark_ Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You sound like me. My support system was so weak they were so pleased to watch me fall. Popcorn was a major fact in my initial destruction. One person even said "you're getting too skinny". When I was in the 150s! Since I realized she was jealous and sadly I reverted to continually emotional binging on foods. Suicide isn't the answer. I admit it crossed my mind too but strength gave us both courage enough to come here. You must care about yourself or you wouldn't have posted. I hope you are doing better. Just remember noone is worth your well being. Love yourself first. Now I have no support at all in my efforts, except myself and this community. It is up to me.