BT_rescuemom Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I think I'm just lazy in the morning...
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I think I'm just lazy in the morning...

It's not just you. Lol
    I used to make my coffee with a Keurig, blend it in a blender but it had a plastic pitcher and the heat cracked it over time so I bought a stick blender and it worked great but it was just another thing to wash and it was huge and I had to use a giant cup... blah blah
    Then I stopped sweetening my coffee and decided it tasted like *kitten*. Then I realized I was just drinking crappy coffee. Lol
    So I bought a coffee press and found a local roaster and added about 10 minutes to my coffee routine. All so I didn't need sweetener. A good cause! But I had to save a few minutes and counter space and dishes somewhere so I use the frother all the time now. I had bought it for traveling. I just rinse it and throw it back in the drawer. Easy peasy!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Sarahb29 wrote: »
    I don't think I could do this. I drink my coffee straight up black and woe be to the person that messes with it!

I tried it for the first time on Saturday. Blending it is KEY. I added a splash of vanilla and 5 drops of liquid stevia to mine. It makes frothy yummy goodness! I was a little sad going to work this AM with regular coffee and powdered creamer.. lol. I didn't want to turn my blender on and wake up my kiddo.

A whisk works okay. Not quite the same froth level, but pretty good.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I don't think I could do this. I drink my coffee straight up black and woe be to the person that messes with it!

I drink mine black too, 1 cup then take my 2 tsp of MCT, then 1/2 cup of coffee, then my tbsp of butter, then the last 1/2 of my 2nd cup. Win, win. Plain lovely black coffee, and the fats I need, but SEPARATELY B)
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I just wish there was a very quick way to make it. I usually make it on my days off because I don't want to take the time to do it before work. I took a carton of heavy cream to work with me and use that in my coffee instead on work days.

I pre measure my fats into ice cube trays and keep in the fridge. They pop right out. While my coffee is brewing I put my ingredients into a plastic pitcher. Once coffee is done I add it and froth with immersion blender. Takes only about 2 minutes longer than it takes for coffee to brew. I hated messing with butter and coconut oil and now it's easy peasy.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

I think that goes for anyone, regardless of how they take theirs. :lol:
    water-coffee-or-death-someecards.jpg

Ok, and 1 more and I'm done. I have to get back to my coffee.
    7f4bf3e1e60b4c911cb2a4f20cb3937f.jpg
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I use a Magic Bullet for my Bullet Proof. Might take all of 10 additional seconds, start to finish. Pic looks like an ad for TJ's. LOL

8k60m2zan900.jpg
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I use the magic bullet too @kpk54, its quick and easy but freakin loud! Maybe if I cover it with a towel or something that would keep the noise down. An immersion blender might be a better choice for me actually..
  • Habiteer
    Habiteer Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm worried about putting my hot coffee in a plastic container like the magic bullet or nutribullet. Never know what my dissolve and leech into my drink.
  • BT_rescuemom
    BT_rescuemom Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I have an immersion blender that I use and love.

I think my time issue is measuring out all the additions (butter, coconut oil, cream, spices if I want) so I'll have to try making individual bulletproof packs to speed up the process.
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    I use a plastic 1 gallon tea/lemonade pitcher and as mentioned, use the immersion blender. Works great and I can blend up to about 10 cups without worrying about splashing. The pitcher is pliable enough that it won't crack either due to the heat.
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    @RowdysLady do you drink the 10 cups in a single day? Also, what ratio of other ingredients do you have? I'm trying to wrap my head around 10 cups!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    Much more than 2 cups would send me fleeing to yonder porcelain throne. :blush:
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    bowlerae wrote: »
    @RowdysLady do you drink the 10 cups in a single day? Also, what ratio of other ingredients do you have? I'm trying to wrap my head around 10 cups!

LOL no I've never had 10 cups. Anna will drink it too. I usually drink 6 though and use the proportions I mentioned in that post you saved to your wall. If I make 8 or 10 cups then I double the fat and slightly increase any "extras" I may use. If I drink 8 (on occasion I do) it's over about 4 hours and is breakfast and lunch.
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options

I think my time issue is measuring out all the additions (butter, coconut oil, cream, spices if I want) so I'll have to try making individual bulletproof packs to speed up the process.

@BT_rescuemom I would take really small containers and pre-measure everything at night so it's ready to go in the AM. You could keep em in the fridge or freezer.
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    Sarahb29 wrote: »

@BT_rescuemom I would take really small containers and pre-measure everything at night so it's ready to go in the AM. You could keep em in the fridge or freezer.

I use ice cube trays. One for coconut oil, one for butter, cover and stick in the fridge. I always have a perfect serving of either when I need it. They pop right out of the trays with a spoon. But if you want to pre add things like sweetener there are always those useless rubbermaid containers that we get when we buy a set....they would be perfect. Stack, have lids, fit nicely in the fridge and would be large enough to hold all the ingredients.
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Had my first BPC this morning. I used a Starbucks Caramel K-Cup to make a cup of coffee. Took that and added 1 TBSP Kerrygold butter and 1 TSP Coconut Oil...threw it in the Nutribullet and wa lah! I actually liked it. My initial thought when I first heard about this was "eh butter in coffee?!" But once blended the butter makes it just creamy enough.
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I like it but got away from it when my blender broke. This morning I had no blender and was out of coffee so I put coconut oil and butter in a measuring cup, nuked it, and made super hot caramel apple flavored tea. Stirred it together with one packet of Stevia and a dash of almond milk. Yummy. But now I'm out of tea (getting out grocery list and adding to it.)
  • Zilia81
    Zilia81 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I`m a black coffee drinker. Since on keto, I`m always so full, I`m struggling getting past my 1000 kcal a day. So to up my fat intake, I started bullettproof coffee with 2 tsp coconut oil on a normal size cup of coffee (blended on highspeed). I thought it was palatable and creamy. Thinking to add a drop of pure vanilla flavour, cause it could do with some extra kick. May try that tomorrow morning.
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    @Zilia81 I would not worry about getting in all your cals or fat. If you aren't hungry, don't eat. The time will come that you are eating way over because you can't seem to get full. It's been horribly cyclical for me but I've consistently continued to lose weight so I go with it.

and BPC is wonderful with vanilla in it or peppermint extract.