TEAM TWO

Options
hawkins410
hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
edited October 2016 in Social Groups
Welcome to the "Amazing Race - Fall Fun!" Your Team Captain is @lbenson2006! We hope you have a fun filled
eight weeks!

:)

Replies

• lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the Amazing Race! I am so excited to be a part of this race, and a little nervous being Team Captain. I hope to serve you all well. We have a mixture of both new members and previous Team 2 members. I think one of the biggest things Team 1 had last race was communication, so I hope we are a chatty bunch! Please feel free to come in here to vent, brag, get help/support with your struggles. We should probably start off with introductions.
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Hi my name is Tami, I turn 51 in November. I work as Supervising Registered Nurse I run the acute psych unit and the local mental hospital. I have 3 adult children and a 14 year old. I have been on my fitness journey for several years now , not really looking to lose weight, looking to gain muscle and get tone. I lift weights 4 x weekly and run 3 x weekly I am looking forward to this amazing race group
    Welcome to the newcomers and congrats to Lesley for being our team captain
  • twinmom_112002
    twinmom_112002 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    What kind of monster puppy? I am kicking it on the couch with my 5 month old Rhodesian ridgeback.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Welcome back Tami, Sarah, and Anna! So glad to have newcomers Alissa, Bri, Joanna, and Brittany! I look forward to seeing the rest of the introductions! It's so neat to get a small glimpse into each other's lives.
    One of the things that may be a part of the mini-challenges this week might be friending everyone on the team. So if this is something you are OK doing, you might start early.
    Speaking of the mini-challenges, those seem to make a huge difference in terms of points for the week, so please make an effort to do them each week. There are always ways to modify to fit your needs, please do not feel intimidated by these challenges. Please always feel free to ask questions in here or in the Q&A thread. Looking at some of the other team threads and saw mention that someone had a number cruncher on their team who calculated that it would take the team 7 hours and some odd minutes of activity to earn 10 points whereas an individual could do 30 minutes of the video and get the 10 points.
    Google Sheets is used to track our daily activity minutes as well as the mini-challenge points. It is a lot easier to assess where we are as a team if we log on a daily basis. If you have issues logging and need someone to add it to the spreadsheet, you can put a post in here asking someone to add it for you or feel free to message me.
    As for a team name...last go round we used Team 2 Awesome. We could continue that or I also thought of Team 2 Beat. Any other suggestions??
  • energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Hi all ,My name is Kim. I'm a 53 year old Registered Nurse working full time in long term care. I am married with 2 adult children, one grandchild, and a Bichon. I don't have much weight to lose - maybe 10#. I am looking to increase my energy, tone and strengthen through healthy eating and exercise. I'm excited for this challenge. I'll do my best to help the team !
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    My name is Jen. I came to MFP a little over 5 years ago to support my sister in her weight loss efforts. I've never technically been overweight, but with age and work stress, I had found myself pushing the upper limit of the healthy range, and I was totally out of shape and feeling blah... I had a few extra pounds to lose so I signed up, got hooked on the MFP program, lost the excess over a period of about 6 months, and I've been here maintaining at goal ever since - about 5 years now.

I recently retired in my late 30's B) , so my time is pretty much my own now. I spend a good portion of it being physically active. I hike, run cross-country, backpack, swim, mountain bike, strength train, kayak...And I live in Southern California, so I can do all my favorite outdoor activities year-round. This sort of challenge sounds fun to me. I'm generally reliable when people are counting on me, so it's a good bet that I will stay on task for the well being of the team. I like to be helpful, so I will make extra effort if the team needs it. Not sure exactly how this works, but I'm ready to go!
  • energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    How do I send friend requests? New to this.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    ...One of the things that may be a part of the mini-challenges this week might be friending everyone on the team. So if this is something you are OK doing, you might start early.
    Speaking of the mini-challenges, those seem to make a huge difference in terms of points for the week, so please make an effort to do them each week...

I didn't think about this. :o I originally signed up on MFP with my sister, mom, and sister-in-law years ago. We promised that we would only friend each other so we could follow each other's progress and also use the site as a way of communicating personal family news and announcements. I don't think they are going to want me to break that rule for the competition - and I wouldn't really want to. I feel bad about that, now that I know it could be part of a challenge! Should I drop out and let a waiting list person take my place? I'm totally cool with whatever is best for the team. I don't want to mess things up right off the bat! Sorry guys! :s
  • seylerg344
    seylerg344 Posts: 9 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    My name is Gretchen. I am new to this but am so excited to start this journey. I am 25 years old. I just got married in July and my husband and I have made a commitment to becoming healthier. I am a learning support teacher for grades 7-12. I started competative swimming when I was five years old and completed the sport all through college. This sport really helped me keep my weight and lifestyle on track. Then I graduated from college, got a big girl job and swimming was no longer something I could fit in my schedule and my health and fitness got all out of whack. I'm hoping this group will hold me accountable. I'm so excited to be a part of this team and get started with the race!
  • DebbieNeedham1
    DebbieNeedham1 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - I am Debbie, aged 43 living in South West Wales UK. I live alone with 2 cats and 6 fish, I also have 3 horses. I have had ME for just over 10 years - and my weight had crept up to 185 pounds. 3 months ago decided to do something about it - went on a diet and I have slowly started walking to challenge myself to see where I could get. I am currently 160 pounds - so 25 lost - aiming for 147 so still a wee way to go. Not been well the last week but am slowly getting there - started walking again today - but slowly slowly. Looking fwd to the challenge and getting to know you all and also to be sharing the fun with the friends I have made so far on here!! Bring it on!!! :)
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    How do I send friend requests? New to this.

Kim - if you go under Friends and hit the + sign there are 3 options for adding a request, Facebook, Contacts, and Email. Under the description for the email it says you can use that for adding based on MFP user name. Try that one, just make sure you remember the exact name. It's not like when you are tagging someone and it starts giving you suggestions. I actually took a pic of the list using my ipod so that I could reference that while I was doing everything on my phone. Or you could click on someone's name and send them a message asking them to send you a friend request.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Jen (jenilla one - we're going to have 2 Jens and 2 Kim's, so it's going to be confusing, lol)
    We don't even know that will be one of the challenges. Even if it is, I respect your need to keep yourself private. There will be sometimes where we can't always get all the challenge points, I just want us to try our best!! I know you will come through on so much, so you are stuck with us!!
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Good morning!! Welcome to our new comers, Kim, Jen, Gretchen, and Debbie! Glad to hear you are starting to feel better Debbie! I hope everyone is making their way to the starting line today. I'm flying for this leg of the trip because I'm completely resting this whole weekend. We will kick this journey off at midnight in our local times.
    I forgot to start the introductions off with including where I was from. I live in Illinois near St. Louis. For those that didn't mention it in your introduction, if you don't mind just adding a short post saying where you are from. It's pretty interesting to see how international MFP is.
    Belle_reve9 did send a message that they are out of town and will visit the team thread when they are back on Tuesday!
    Have a great start to your Sunday!! Slept in today, guess it's finally time to drag my butt out of bed. :(