TEAM FOUR

Options
hawkins410
hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
edited October 2016 in Social Groups
Welcome to the "Amazing Race - Fall Fun!" Your Team Captain is @SmashleyM914! We hope you have a fun filled
eight weeks!
:)

Replies

• LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Woohoo. Happy to be here!
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm a newbie also! I'm struggling through a crazy busy weekend here this weekend, but am ready to go and be competitive for our team this week! So excited to get going!
  • TaraDanielle40
    TaraDanielle40 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Excited to get back to it. Welcome new teammates, and hello again to the old!
  • livvie25
    livvie25 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hello to my team 4 misses being here and hello to everyone new :)
  • dawnsch1995
    dawnsch1995 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hello team 4! I am looking forward to getting back on track and excited for the challenges ahead! Welcome to the new members! Let's do this!!!!
  • Ellebee332
    Ellebee332 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello team! I am new to this challenge and can't wait to get started!
  • markyj8383
    markyj8383 Posts: 11 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Ok,, I'm game for this race, let's get in there and come out strong team 4
  • Fitbug92
    Fitbug92 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to doing the challenge!
  • Scherzie
    Scherzie Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Ready to get this race started!!
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Hello hello hello!
    First off - @shauna30 we will miss you dearly, and good luck to your team! You're always welcome back ;)
    Second - my partner in crime @shauna30 has always been my co-captain so I need to find a new one! If you think you're up for the job, please let me know. If we've got a few people that want the job we'll do a team vote.
    Welcome to team 4!! I'm Ashley and I've been in these challenges from the beginning, with our leadership changes has been probably been going on 2 years now and I can't begin to tell you how amazing they are and how much I love them! This will require attention and effort!! Being active and a part of the team thread is key to success here, I'd also like to ask you all to add your teammates. It helps with accountability and giving our team friendly reminders to always always always input miles (minutes) into the spread sheet. Please don't forget that this is a TEAM challenge, if you're questioning your ability to be present and pull your weight please let me know. If you're ever going to be missing for a week due to any circumstance, I need to know so I can tell the team we need to make up for your share of the minutes. Also if you're having spreadsheet problems you can either post your minutes on here and anyone from the team can input them for you or send me a message with them.
    At the beginning of each week I like to read the description and post a brief summary of the mileage and challenges on here so be ready for those Monday mornings. All challenges are able to be modified if necessary, so if you're having an issue with something just let one of the leaders know and they will help you find an alternative so we get our extra points.
    There are lots of ways to track your progress throughout this challenge as well. I like to do a fitness assessment at the beginning, weather it's recording my weights I'm starting out at (I'm a bit limited here because I'm still recovering from some shoulder problems), recording the time it takes to run a mile or a 5K, push ups or sit ups in a minutes time, anything your heart desires. Also please don't rely on the scale to tell you if you're having success! The scale is a big fat liar - take progress photos and I promise you'll be pleased. Measurements are great, too! If you'd like any tips on any of this stuff or have questions feel free to message me.

I'm excited to begin this journey with all of you. During the last race I wasn't nearly as present as I usually am because my wedding consumed my entire life haha, but I'm back in action and thrilled about it! I do have a fitness only Instagram account you can feel free to follow @ashley_tiuwife and if anyone wants to be Fitbit friends we can definitely do weekly challenges to keep us all moving! I will create the challenge group for that. I can be found at https://www.fitbit.com/user/2QK7C5 @dawnsch1995 and @TaraDanielle40 I believe are the only 2 that I'm already friends with on there, however Tara it says you're inactive, are you still using your Fitbit?

Anyways, I'm here for any questions and to help you in any way! HAPPY RACING!! :D
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm a total newbie, looking forward to participating in a challenge I have no hand in running. :)
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I am a total newbie too! I have NO idea what to expect from this challenge. I am going in blind.
    Lately I have been running daily & I do plan to get back to weight lifting. In November.
    My name is Lisa, I am 45 & have 2 kids (15G& 12B) We own a pool store, that is on its way to slowing down, for winter, so I will have lots of time to concentrate on fitness. My husband & I will be going on a cruise December 5-9. Our first time away without our children. It should all work out with this challenge as we will be active every day.
    I do not have a Fitbit, but use a Garmin, so if anyone has a Garmin device, let me know.
    I look forward to this & need to be challenged to keep going through the long winter months.
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    All you newbies will catch on quickly, don't you worry :) These fresh starts always make me excited!!
    Also another tip for this thread - you will see a little star at the top of the page. Click it to add it to your favorites and you'll get notifications when you go to the community tab on MFP whenever anyone replies. Makes it much easier to read recent posts and check in on the thread ;)
  • darcijojo
    darcijojo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Another newbie here. Looking forward to the challenge and hope I can keep up. It's my first one ever.
  • mckeon11
    mckeon11 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hello team! I've never done this before but I'm a fast learner and a tad bit competitive
  • Lynniebinny76
    Lynniebinny76 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!! Hey team! This is my 2nd amazing race challenge and I'm so excited!! I loved the last one. Was a perfect fit for my life and activity level. You will soon find what an awesome leader we have in @SmashleyM914 . Life happens. We all can only do what we can do. I just want to do what I can to help me and everyone else here feel successful in their adventure as well as have a little fun. So I'm addition to posting our requirements, I'd love to ask people to make sure they post any personal scale or non scale victories - it is so fun celebrating them with you!!!!

Game on, people!! Let's do this!!
  • plainanjelik
    plainanjelik Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm so excited to get this challenge started! Welcome to the new members and hello again to the old. Hopefully we can cross the finish line first this time! Looking forward to celebrating all our little victories along the way. :smiley:
  • Scherzie
    Scherzie Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    112d1y5rl34j.jpg

@MissionEnforcer Good morning Team 4 from SouthWest Florida! This is my first Amazing Race but have done a few other great challenges with @GrandmaJackie. No cold weather for us to deal with here, thankfully, and this time of the year is our drier season so plenty of opportunity to get outdoors and rack up some miles for the team.