Weight loss is so slow

2»

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    argh
  • artsyfarts700
    artsyfarts700 Posts: 44 Member
    Don't I know it! I've never struggled with losing a couple of pounds now it's torturously slow!!
  • lwesche54
    lwesche54 Posts: 1 Member
    I am so sick of "weight". I eat about 1200 cals a day, trained for a 2 day 150 mile bike ride all summer, did the bike ride. Swore I would not weigh myself until Sept 1. Weighed exactly the same!!!! Very depressing, frustrating but like my Doc says "numbers are good, you FEEL good, so why are your worried about your weight" I let her have it!!! LOL
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    lwesche54 wrote: »
    I am so sick of "weight". I eat about 1200 cals a day, trained for a 2 day 150 mile bike ride all summer, did the bike ride. Swore I would not weigh myself until Sept 1. Weighed exactly the same!!!! Very depressing, frustrating but like my Doc says "numbers are good, you FEEL good, so why are your worried about your weight" I let her have it!!! LOL

Ugh so frustrating I know!! My doc has told me not to worry if I can weight in menopause. Umm, no. I'm going to worry. And I'm going to try to do something about it.
  • TheGaudyMagpie
    TheGaudyMagpie Posts: 282 Member
    I was doing pretty good but had to go back on my medication for neuralgia. It's all water, but I'm up four pounds and puffy. I'm focusing on fitness goals instead of weight loss right now, but I'm very annoyed that the smaller things I was fitting into are snug again. No idea when it will change either.
  • ohiowatching
    ohiowatching Posts: 16 Member
    I feel all your frustrations!!! I'm in the same boat...dang it is so depressing.
  • deholm
    deholm Posts: 11 Member
    I've been doing Jamie Eason's 12 wk challenge and finished am starting phase 2 over. Weight lifting, jumping, jogging, squats, lunges, jump rope. Not one pound lost! 8 mo w/o a period. My older sister who's gone thru it, jogs and lost 12 lbs in a month n a half. Seriously...it's discouraging!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Are you doing measurements? You will likely see changes there before seeing movement on the scale.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    edited October 2016
    I've given up--gonna eat at maintenance and focus on fitness goals. Also, reducing sweets and baked goods, and replacing with whole grains, more fruits, and more veggies.

Inexplicably, after just over week of eating at maintenance, I am down 1/2 pound. I'm watching to see if it is water, or real. Will keep you posted.
  • rbelfiore0262
    rbelfiore0262 Posts: 37 Member
    I'm back on the wagon! Of course I brought my healthy breakfast (egg beaters with salsa and a whole grain pita w/flax seeds) and I walk into an entire wall of donuts and hot fresh bagels! Don't care, I'm sticking to it.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    I'm back on the wagon! Of course I brought my healthy breakfast (egg beaters with salsa and a whole grain pita w/flax seeds) and I walk into an entire wall of donuts and hot fresh bagels! Don't care, I'm sticking to it.

Donuts everywhere here too. Boo! They are not worth it! So far so good. . . .
  • starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    Would love to join you ladies. Doing light weights 1x week, elliptical 3x week. Trying to stay at 1200 cal but eat back half of work out calories.
  • TheGaudyMagpie
    I've been kind of blah. Did a 10K the weekend before last on a mountain -- 2000 ft elevation gain according to the press. And then I could barely walk for two days. :P I've been trying to run but everyone in my family is sick this week, including me, so it's hard. I need to sign back up for the gym and start lifting again. I haven't gained anything except for the gain from exercise and I'm smaller than I was from the running, but I can tell that I'm starting to lag and I need to get back on it.
  • oann8052
    oann8052 Posts: 21 Member
    deholm wrote: »
    Well I just started a new program of lifting weights 6 x a wk, cardio 4 x wk, eating clean n no carbs after 3 pm. After 4 wks I've lost 1 pound...WOW!

I know the feeling same thing is happening to me too it's very frustrating! But on the plus side I've lost an inch in my waist area and have noticed my body feels a little more muscular since joining bodyspsce and following the German body comp program
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,268 Member
    Speaking of the waist area, I have developed the worst spare tire right around the middle and no amount of diet or exercise is working to get rid of it. I have never felt so unattractive as I do at this stage of life.
  • TheGaudyMagpie
    I definitely know what you mean and it's not the normal kind of weight gain. Prior to going on HRT it seemed like the fat all settled into my belly, instead of on my lower abdomen and thighs, like it did when I was younger.
  • starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    Ahhh, the spare tire. Got one of those where I use to have an hour glass. Never thought the belly and sides would be a problem.