Three Years!

Options
garber6th
garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
I can hardly believe it's my three year surgiversary! I am so happy I made the decision to have VSG. My health and my quality of life are so much better now, sometimes it seems surreal, because I never imagined I would be where I am now. I am so grateful every day that I wake up and I can breathe and move and feel good. I am also very grateful for all the support that I have gotten, including the support and connection with everyone in this group. It's nice to know that we "get" each other! Here's to all of us who are working hard to be better versions of ourselves!

Replies

• arjeffries136
    arjeffries136 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    That's great you have freedom and your life back! Obesity is such a prison.
  • garber6th
    Options
    That's great you have freedom and your life back! Obesity is such a prison.

It really can be, in so many ways!
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Happy Surgiversary! You are one of the rockstars here who helped me through the process.
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    So freaking wonderful! You have been an inspiration!
  • Bugged53
    Bugged53 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    What do you do to keep from regaining? I'm two years out and find myself going off track. No regain yet but petrified it will start.
  • garber6th
    Options
    Bugged53 wrote: »
    What do you do to keep from regaining? I'm two years out and find myself going off track. No regain yet but petrified it will start.

I did have some regain. I went off track when I started a job that required long hours and a long commute. I tried to get back on track myself but I wasn't very successful, so I went to my surgeon and we came up with a plan, and now I am losing again. Hopefully you won't have to deal with it, but if you do, don't panic, just do what you have to do to get back on track. For me, it meant utilizing my resources, mainly my surgeon and his team. They aren't just there to do surgery, they are part of my support system. I am also going to start going to support groups again. I hadn't been going, but when I did, it always made me feel much better to talk with people who have been through the same things as I have and "get" it.
  • Mandy_1982
    Mandy_1982 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to be where you are. Congratulations!
  • Stephaniev51697
    Stephaniev51697 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Happy Surgiversary!!!
  • StevenGarrigus
    StevenGarrigus Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I hope to be as committed at 3 years like you as I am right now at two months.
  • Jamochadiva
    Jamochadiva Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your journey! You're inspirational!