First time Fathead!

Options
BT_rescuemom
BT_rescuemom Posts: 284 Member
I am so impressed with this recipe! It was easy, tasty, and made some wicked good pizza. I topped it with prosciutto, goat feta, fresh sliced mozzarella, and artichoke bruschetta. Oh, some olive oil and crushed garlic too.

Next time I'll make a double recipe and do garlic "bread" along with a smaller pizza for my daughter. She was none too excited about my topping choices.

j99b910c1pcf.jpg

Replies

• BT_rescuemom
    Options
    I got to play with my new food scale too, I weighed everything that went in and on so I could get an accurate calorie and macro count.
  • btrsun10
    btrsun10 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Looks amazing! Can you point me in the direction of the recipe please? Ty
  • Catawampous
    Catawampous Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I made this over the weekend! It was yummie!
  • mellb34
    mellb34 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Tried it for the first time a few weeks ago with barbecue chicken, bacon, peppers and goats cheese with some garlic butter, it's amazing! And half a pizza keeps you full all night compared to a whole carby pizza and snacks later!
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I'd like to place an order please.. lol!
  • coloradoartstudio
    coloradoartstudio Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    This looks amazing!
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    You can add any flavors you want to the recipe too...so if you want garlic or cinnamon sticks...
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    It's so good! I don't miss real pizza at all now! It's even good cold the next day. :)
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Now you're all making me want pizza... :joy:

Guess I know what I'm eating the rest of the week.
  • need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I am so impressed with this recipe! It was easy, tasty, and made some wicked good pizza. I topped it with prosciutto, goat feta, fresh sliced mozzarella, and artichoke bruschetta. Oh, some olive oil and crushed garlic too.

Next time I'll make a double recipe and do garlic "bread" along with a smaller pizza for my daughter. She was none too excited about my topping choices.

j99b910c1pcf.jpg

goat feta?????? Is that like a mix of feta cheese and goat cheese (my fav)??
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    tri_gal_87 wrote: »

goat feta?????? Is that like a mix of feta cheese and goat cheese (my fav)??

Feta is sheep or goat and sheep as I understand it. I don't think it's ever made from cow's milk...
  • BT_rescuemom
    Options
    Yes, goat feta. So much yum.
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Looks yummy! The linked fathead website claims it is so indulgent, that most people can only eat one or two slices.... Challenge accepted :naughty:
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Looks yummy! The linked fathead website claims it is so indulgent, that most people can only eat one or two slices.... Challenge accepted :naughty:

Yeah I also accepted this challenge... And failed at it. Lol I can usually scoff down an entire carby pizza... This is very different. Be warned! :grimace:
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Very filling! More than you would think, but is satisfying!
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options

I failed this challenge. I love Fathead pizza but can only eat a small portion in one sitting...and that's a good thing!

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Bumping this now that I bought the ingredients... just gotta push myself to make it. I am so NOT a rolling-out-dough person. Made a pie once (in 52 yrs) and used a press-in short crust. It looks so good though, and I do miss pizza.
  • bininj
    bininj Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    What is the base made of? What does fathead mean?
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    bininj wrote: »
    What is the base made of? What does fathead mean?

Here's a link to the recipe.
    http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/2015/04/23/fat-head-pizza/
    I think there are some slight variations of it out there too ???
    I've heard of people adapting this basic recipe to make crackers too and it mentions that in this link as well.
    I've never tried it myself. I always make pizza without a crust at all. I've always avoided it because of the fiber, (doesn't digest well for me) but upon looking at the recipe, it's quite low fiber as well. It might actually be something I could eat on occasion.
    If nothing else I should make these for the family and get them off the low carb tortillas I currently use for their crust. They still contain wheat. I hate using them but my son and husband don't care for my crustless version. I really should make a sandwich bread for my sons lunch too. :/