Options
13»

Replies

• Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    PamWOhio wrote: »
    You guys are being so helpful and so NICE. Sometimes these threads keep me from saying a word out of fear of some of the more heavy handed people. I know everyone means well but I have pretty low self confidence as it is so I take things wrong sometimes.

I've never found anyone 'not nice' here. Sometimes people can be straight forward (sometimes more than we may like but can always appreciate) but everyone is nice, helpful, informative and anyone who isn't, generally doesn't stick around long.

This!

I have found this group to be very supportive, informative and very welcoming. Do not be scared to ask any questions here @PamWOhio everyone here is very helpful. Sometimes the advice might not be what you want to hear, true, but there are nobody judging you and your way of doing low carbing here.

I'd advise you to continue to ask questions. It is the only way we learn, and each question makes us all learn a little bit more, as we look into the answers.
  • PamWOhio
    PamWOhio Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I haven't encountered it here in this group but in the regular forums.. That is one of the reasons I sought out this group and decided to give it a try. I am soooooooooo glad I did.
  • Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    kdz0444 wrote: »
    I don't do bread, potato, or pasta anymore but I do occasionally have a whole wheat tortilla and fruit. I also occasionally do popcorn when we go to the movie theater but only a small amount. I also do ice cream like halo top or arctic zero but I stick to serving sizes. The facebook groups are brutal. I am part of 2 but usually just lurk and get recipes.

Ahhhh yes... popcorn. I love popcorn. But I do the whole bucket :smiley: I try not to go to the movie theater very often!
  • PamWOhio
    Options
    If anyone wants to add me, please feel free. I would love some more low carbers on my friends list as long as you don't get mad at me because I am not a strict under 20 although half the time I do come out under 20
  • kismet1428
    kismet1428 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thought I would join in the conversation.... Most days I stick to below 30 net carbs but on days that I am going to the dojo (3+ hours of martial arts), I don't adhere to it as much and will go up to 75 total carbs because I know that I will be working it off under the watchful eyes of Master Haney.

I do allow myself what I call treat meals. For instance, I am going out with the girls Saturday night and we are going to a new place in town - very excited to try it and will do so with no guilt because I know that it will be the one night. Even then before I go, I will have something to help fill me up so I don't completely overindulge.
  • kdz0444
    kdz0444 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    It's crazy because I used to be able to eat a large popcorn all by myself but now I eat about half a small bag and be done. Thank god for my husband who can finish it for me!!
  • PamWOhio
    Options
    LOL...I used my hubby as my disposal. It has worked out well. I can take a bite of something bad for me and then hand the rest off to him.
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    @PamWOhio Your mentioning food doesn't upset me at all. How could it? I shop every week in a large supermarket, everything there calls at me, I just choose not to listen. Where do you buy your low carb bread? online or in a store? I think whatever works for you personally is the way to go. That being said, your diet should provide adequate nutrition, and take into consideration any health issues you may have. P.S. not a big vegetable eater as well.
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Cyndi146 wrote: »
    kdz0444 wrote: »
    I don't do bread, potato, or pasta anymore but I do occasionally have a whole wheat tortilla and fruit. I also occasionally do popcorn when we go to the movie theater but only a small amount. I also do ice cream like halo top or arctic zero but I stick to serving sizes. The facebook groups are brutal. I am part of 2 but usually just lurk and get recipes.

Ahhhh yes... popcorn. I love popcorn. But I do the whole bucket :smiley: I try not to go to the movie theater very often!

I literally stopped going to the movie theatre because I can't control myself around popcorn! There's no way I could stop myself from eating it, I just have to avoid putting myself in front of temptation. So we bought a projector and screen at home and made our own theatre where I can eat on plan :smiley:
  • PamWOhio
    Options
    supergal3. The bread I buy is Healthy Life and they have a few different kinds. Each kind is with the other brands in that particular section. I like the whole wheat the best...it isn't as dry as the white and is even better as toast because in that case it doesn't matter if it is a dry bread. I shop at Kroger but I am sure they have it at any grocery store. Aldi has a 40 calorie a slice wheat as well and there are several other brands in the 30-40 calorie range but the wheat is the best because it has more fiber you can subtract.
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    @pamwohio: Thanks, went online and Healthy Life is not sold in my part of the country but I can purchase it online. I'll check out Aldi next time I pass it.
  • PamWOhio
    Options
    Check out NIckels 35 light wheat and light white...almost the same stats.
  • PamWOhio
    Options
    Every grocery store has different brands of the low cal bread They are in the individual sections so the low cal wheat is with the other wheats...just look around really good.