TEAM FOUR

Options

Replies

• AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    @xxghost uhhhh so jelly of that transformers picture!
  • livvie25
    livvie25 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer I am 40 have 2 kids and live in Michigan. They are 12 and 18. The leaves are starting to fall and it is so pretty.
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    Assessment of my day yesterday - it started wonderfully, then I didn't have a healthy option for lunch so I ate cold pizza. Then my husband got home super late from work and I was trying to put off eating dinner so I could eat with him which totally turned into me doing a bunch of snacking, then not being hungry, then eating when he got home anyways because I wanted to eat with him. Ugh, the struggle is real! :|
    I did complete day 1 of the water challenge though!!
    How did everyone else's day go??
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    My day was good yesterday! I was soooo thirsty I drank a ton of water, more than I needed to, so day 1 of water challenge is complete!
    I had no time to snack as supper was leftovers, so everything was ready & just needed to be heated up.
    I watched the drumming videos yesterday & I have to figure out where & how I will do them. I can see a lot of teasing from my kids. Maybe I will make them join me.
  • Lynniebinny76
    Lynniebinny76 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Haha!!! @xxghost... can't get away from the HP one.. too funny :) My husband is HUGE into video games. He's an Xbox-er. Also the....cripes... can't think of the name of the type of games. Fluxx, Superflight... those games. Someone has to take care of the kids I guess, so I just stick to Rockband on our date nights :)

You guys - I'm so excited for this race!! I've missed the little videos and dances the past couple weeks since the summer race was over. I'm going to try and be way more interactive than I was able to be last race.
  • AshleyMFitness16
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I watched the drumming videos yesterday & I have to figure out where & how I will do them. I can see a lot of teasing from my kids. Maybe I will make them join me.
    @lpeltenburg You'll figure out that a lot of the challenges are like that, either need to be done in an empty room or get the kiddos and other halves to join us HAHA! :p Makes it fun though - different alternative to the same old activities.
    You guys - I'm so excited for this race!! I've missed the little videos and dances the past couple weeks since the summer race was over. I'm going to try and be way more interactive than I was able to be last race.
    @mcdonald1314 I hope you stick to it!! The interaction makes it so much fun and way better than the other challenges on this site :D
    niesjojo3 wrote: »
    Hi everyone
    @niesjojo3 Tell us a bit about yourself and where you're from, please <3
  • tarpguys
    tarpguys Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer
    I am Patti Rogers. I live in Southwest Washington State. I am 55 and a grandmother of eight. My husband and I have been married for over 36 years. I am rather a health nut and follow the "Trim Healthy Mama" eating plan. I love weight training. My purpose in this challenge is to just stay active. I am a Real Estate Agent and tend to sit at my desk way to much! It has been rainy for the last couple of weeks here and the leaves are changing.
  • darcijojo
    darcijojo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My day was pretty good yesterday. I managed the first day of the water challenge and it was a challenge! Doing better today half way already.
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    darcijojo wrote: »
    My day was pretty good yesterday. I managed the first day of the water challenge and it was a challenge! Doing better today half way already.
    @darcijojo it's certainly easier to accomplish if you pace yourself throughout the day. The end of the day can sneak up on you and it's tough to chug all that water!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Hello Amazing Racers!
    I'm sorry to jump in on your team thread like this, but it is kind of important, so I'm putting it on all the threads.
    Challenge #2 has three components to it:
    1. Viking Chant/Geyser Dance: Three times through
    2. YouTube Videos: 3 Videos, 2x each
    3. One routine to your own music and your own beat (or just repeat the 3 videos)
    If you choose not to do a routine of your own making (I recommend making one up to the intro video at the top of the "Racing to Reykjavik" page; it has a really fun beat to it and you can dance along while you drum), then you must do the 3 videos 3 times each, PLUS the Viking Chant Video 3 times.
    I hope this helps clear up any questions! Thank you for your attention. :)
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    Daily assessment for today - I had a good day! I bailed on my healthy dinner because hubby isn't home again, so I just popped some pizza rolls in the microwave and ate those. Not sure why but something about him not being home makes me have no interest in cooking. My 5 year son and I went on a 4 mile adventure together today, he rode his bike and I ran. He did so great and made me proud! It was some great bonding time, too. Completed day 2 of the water challenge as well, yay me!
    We're unfortunately hanging out in last place :/ so don't forget to keep going on your miles and get those extra credit points!!
  • carinamenina
    carinamenina Posts: 105 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Yesterday went well for me! I ran 5 miles before 7am (woot!) and this afternoon I did 4 miles while my son was at Cub Scouts. I'm trying to train for my first half marathon so most of my exercising is running.

As for the water challenge, I weigh slightly over 200 lbs (I'm 6' tall for reference) so getting 100 oz of water is difficult. My normal goal is 80. I managed 100 oz yesterday and have 20 more oz to do today. I will make it. Now I eeed to find time now to do the video challenges. I do have an exercise ball so that will come in handy :)
  • carinamenina
    carinamenina Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    @SmashleyM914 Can we count flavored water (sugar free lemonade, etc) for the challenge? Or does it have to be straight up water?
  • Fitbug92
    Fitbug92 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer I am from coastal Georgia. I am trying to be healthier but sweets and slumps of I give up challenge me. Glad I have a destination to reach. That will help motivate me. Plus now a team is counting on me to pull my weight.
  • darcijojo
    darcijojo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    So after attempting a few of the videos I realize I was not meant to be a drummer. I'm glad that wasn't one of my life long dreams.
  • niesjojo3
    niesjojo3 Posts: 45 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Good morning everyone ☕️I have been drinking my 120 oz of water everyday and working hard to get in some exercise minutes. I'm disabled I fight 3 diseases everyday and I refuse to lose!! I haven't been able to go to my water aerobics classes this week due to my DDD and Fibromyalgia and boy do I miss it. I'm going to do the videos today. ;)
  • niesjojo3
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but all of my post are being cut short :o
  • niesjojo3
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Keep on Drumming :)
  • niesjojo3
    Options
    Chant✅
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    HI All!
    I successfully drank all my water yesterday & I have run again already today. This weekend I will kick up the exercise minutes to at least 60+, but while I am working it is tricky. I read in the question section that any kind of movement that is not sitting on the couch counts for exercise minutes. Today, I will walk around my parking lot at work every hour, if I do not have customers, at the top of the hour, no matter ridiculous I may look to the neighbours watching me :)