I need friends for support, but there's a catch!

Options
Thanks for reading. I took a MFP hiatus. I am really struggling with nighttime snacking. I want to eat clean, but I started eating processed sugars again and I've been out of control. I usually eat clean during the day and then go to town every night.

I'm ready to be brutally honest with my logging. Knowing that others might read it helps. Seeing other people with clean or nearly clean diaries will help too. I need to be accountable.

So looking for friends that can share their diaries and don't mind seeing my horrible snacking!

Replies

• carolerunsalot
    carolerunsalot Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I totally have a sweet tooth I start battling every day at 2:00.
  • LBoggie77
    LBoggie77 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You can add me, and check out my diary. My partner snacks like crazy in the evenings, and it's hard not to join him. I have been good, but it's only a matter of time until I give in..... :P
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Go willpower go! Or just drink that Rum, it is lower calorie than the snacks.
  • MarthaDelAngel82
    MarthaDelAngel82 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in...add me...
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want... I'm not sure how you define "clean" but I eat LCHF. I eat processed meats (lunch meats, hot dogs), butter, cheese, and other processed foods. It's up to you whether to add me or not, but my diary is open to friends.
  • kwickey1982
    kwickey1982 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would happily be held accountable and help keep accountablitly for food. I'm not sure I have all of this stuff open properly. I'm still figuring out the app.
  • WillpowerBurton
    WillpowerBurton Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I wont judge you on what you eat, but I WILL encourage you to stay strong and make good decisions!
    I was just looking back on my diary entries and I gotta say Im damn proud of myself. Im going to make it Open to Friends so feel free to add me and take a peek.
    My entries are 100% honest. Im dirty bulking (large surplus of HIGH QUALITY calories) but I do follow the 90/10 rule. 90% of the time you will see healthy fats, complex carbs, high protein etc, but youre ALSO gonna see some icecream, cheeseburgers and iced tea.
  • Camigwen
    Camigwen Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I also continually battle late night snacking issues. I have severe insomnia and if I get depressed or my sleeping pills do not kick in right away i will eat constantly for hours. I try hard to eat clean 80-90% and allow myself some room for snacks or fastfood once in a while. Feel free to add me if you want support and encouragement with no judgement.
  • BJG7_UK
    BJG7_UK Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Moderation, don't kick you self to hard for the odd sweet here or there!
  • nukephysics
    nukephysics Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    You must indulge in your sweet tooth. However, you do not need to do it late at night and in moderation. It takes great will power. Also, if you have kids at home who like having the sweets at home makes it even worse. I can't even open the pantry or the freezer (mmm...ice cream). If you don't see it you won't think about it. You can try drinking water to help curb that craving.
  • saracolleenstar
    saracolleenstar Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    New late-night snacking buddies are welcome! My weakness at night these days is red wine. Please add me if you like. :)
  • tecia48
    tecia48 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You can add me. If you want to
  • Gritsonamission
    Gritsonamission Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've started buying Almonds for those late night cravings (I'm a night owl). If I've just gotta have something, I get those. They make you feel full quickly, and the crunch is satisfying.
  • dice80
    dice80 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I get cravings after I get off work. I do great at work then I come home and my healthy eating is thrown out the door. I would like people to hold me accountable. I need to be honest with myself and log everything I eat.
  • ricelean
    ricelean Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    New late-night snacking buddies are welcome! My weakness at night these days is red wine. Please add me if you like. :)

Hey - didn't know drinking red wine at night wasn't good. I was actually recommended to drink a little before sleeping every night because it helps with blood circulation. Anyway, someone with the sweet tooth here, joining the gang now.
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I'm not always 100% clean. But trying to get there. I can be your friend. My goals right now are to cut out excess sugar. Only natural sugar right now. And I have to choose between meat and cheese. If I eat meat, no fatty cheese and vice versa.
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Also a cup of fruit tea has helped me at night.
  • Hannah03253
    Hannah03253 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'd love another friend and would be happy to share my diary. I don't always get it right, but I try!
  • uscgirl79
    uscgirl79 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in! In doing carb cycling and have a built in cheat day on Saturday but other than that we eat pretty clean. Feel free to add me. My biggest problem is temptation at work. There's always food and there's a vending machine that I swear it talks to me on a daily basis so I feel your pain.