TEAM THREE

Options

Replies

• smile_laughter
    smile_laughter Posts: 3,680 Member
    Options
    mbansal123 wrote: »
    Hi. Just relating to the Challenge 1. I am actually underage and for that reason I just wanted to let you know that I will not be accepting any direct friend requests!
    @bjerzy I had the psats too!

Thx for letting us know. However we can help you in this journey, then post here. Welcome to the team
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Okay. My turn. Challenge #1 @MissionEnforcer

I live in a small town of 15,000 people in southwestern Ontario, Canada. It is Tillsonburg, and Stompin' Tom Connors even wrote a song about it..."my back still aches when I hear that word, Tillsonburg". He is referring to the days when priming tobacco was done by hand, a back breaking job, since this is tobacco country. Well, was tobacco country. A lot, but not all, of the tobacco has been replaced by other crops...fruits and vegetables...that like the same sandy soil. We are surrounded by farmland, but you only have to drive an hour and a half (in no traffic) to get to the Toronto International Airport. We are only half an hour from Lake Erie, one of the Great Lakes, and two hours (give or take) to border crossings into Michigan and New York. Being in Canada, yes, we get all four seasons. Right now the maple leaves are beautiful in their red, orange and yellow hues. But after they fall to the ground, they have to be raked up. They are not so beautiful then!

I have friended everyone* on our team. I have also gone through and informed each member of who they are missing, so completing their lists will be a done deal shortly.

*except the team member that I told you about, mbansal123. She informed us that she is underage, and will not be accepting friends on MFP.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    I just did the viking chant video three times, and each of the drumming videos twice. I banged and jumped along to the intro video. All done. Yes, @hawkins410, it really gets your heart pumping! I found the pink ball video the toughest because she does more deep knee bending than the other girl. And I took several breaks between them!
  • Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    So I double checked all my friends request. I have only mbansal123 missing who has explained why not accepting. (sent second request per the rules-understood it won't accept so no worries there )

@MissionEnforcer
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    I will go next for Challenge #1 @MissionEnforcer

I live in a town called High Wycombe in South Buckinghamshire, UK, which has a population of 120,000. It is nestled in the Chiltern Hills with the river Wye flowing through it and there are areas in the valley that offer stunning views of the surrounding countryside and the Chilterns. Like I said before, it is almost midway between London and Oxford (29 miles from Charing Cross and 27 miles from Oxford) and because of that served as a travellers' stop and a market town in the olden days. It was well known for its paper and furniture industry and there is a museum in town showcasing it's rich furniture history. It is a mix of the old and new with a weekly Farmer's market which is said to be operating since the Medieval period and new shopping malls and retail parks. It is mainly a commuter town with most people working in London, a short train journey takes you to the City. We also get all four seasons and winters are particularly difficult because of the steep roads. Thankfully, we haven't had much snow for the last few years!

I have friended everyone except mbansal123, so this is complete.

I am currently 3/5 for the water and the drumming workouts are still pending. I am planning to do them tmrw.
  • tuffgirl19
    tuffgirl19 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    d7opuslfob2x.jpg

Hey everyone, it's Tuffgirl19! We are currently living in Alexandria, VA and I've really enjoyed having four real seasons. The trees are beautiful and the leaves are beginning to turn. The flowers in the Spring are gorgeous! We were snowed in for a week last year and that was an experience! 22 inches- my son loved playing in the snow with his friends. We live in a high rise condo and that was an adjustment for me. We're within walking distance of a historic park and it's really nice for walking, playing, etc.

I find the people in the immediate area are pretty friendly. It has a small town feel and is pretty slow paced. Old Town is not far from us and they have great restaurants, shopping and many blocks to walk!

@MissionEnforcer I've completed 3 days of water challenge, after today is complete, it will be 4! Only a few ounces to go. My son wants to do the Viking chant and drums with me! I've sent friend requests to everyone on the team and accepted all friend requests received.
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Challenge #1 @MissionEnforcer - I'm from the South West Coast US where it is hot, dry, and really hot.

Could you be a little more specific (what state?)

• BJerzy
    BJerzy Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    I'm half way through the drumming - I didn't realize how terrible I am at drumming! It's as if I have no rhythm, which is totally not true! I felt like a fool. All of this means I had a great time doing it! hahaha It's fun and I'm looking forward to doing the other half.

I didn't get through the water today. I drank a lot of other beverages, but I've been peeing so much that I'm not about to chug 32 oz of water. It's okay, I'll get it tomorrow and Saturday. I'm having so much fun following along with everyone else - let's keep it up Team 3!
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Hey team.. I really need to be on regular computer to properly tell you about myself! But for now... I'm on track with water, first challenge done and will be hitting videos this weekend.

My little guy (yeah 5'7,148 13 year old!) Is having knee surgery tomorrow so gonna be a long day then a long weekend of nursemaid.

Stress from this and my Hs senior having last hs soccer games and senior stuff along with college apps and Id camps are kicking my behind... just saying stress is NOT my friend. Thankfully this challenge is starting to make me move a bit. Will update spreadsheet tomorrow or Sat. Thanks for listening... hopefully I will be chatty again soon!
  • tuffgirl19
    tuffgirl19 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I completed my water today, 4/5!! I went to the gym and did strength training/weight lifting for 30 minutes and walked for 45 tonight! Im just starting strength/weight training and I'm a little sore in a good way. I was under on my calories and had a great day overall! Good night all. :)
  • smile_laughter
    Options
    Challenge #1 @MissionEnforcer - I'm from the South West Coast US where it is hot, dry, and really hot.

@MissionEnforcer - Arizona.....We are dealing with 97 degree heat while others are getting cold spells. I am also friends with everyone in the group. I am on day 4 of water challenge. Thx!
  • summ72
    summ72 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Life got in the way of my fitness for the last 2 days and I was not able to put up big numbers because there was just not enough hours in the day but I am proud that I still had 30 mins or more each day.

Happy Friday everyone.
  • smile_laughter
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer - I completed challenge #1 - viking dance/chant.
    Thanks!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Nice work, @summ72! Doing what you can, instead of doing nothing, which is easier!

Always busy in the sporting household of @sandkp!

@smile_laughter and @tuffgirl19, you only have to tag MissionEnforcer when the challenge calls for it. In this case, it was the description of where we lived. When you complete the drum videos for challenge #2 or the water for challenge #3, you just enter it in the spreadsheet. You can tell us about it here, but you don't even have to do that if you don't want to!

Everyone seems to be doing well so far. I see a lot of exercise and a lot of completed food journals on my news feed! Keep up the good work!
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer this is the description of where I live. I live in Doncaster South Yorkshire in the UK. Doncaster is very diverse, it is an ex coal mining community but the mines closed a long time so there is a lot of deprivation in some areas and a lot of unemployment. I am very lucky in that I live in quite a rural affluent area. There are some nice green areas and fields to walk my dog. The area is reasonably safe for my children to play and it is a very friendly community, I know lots of people through the local school and feel lucky to live here.
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Completed the drumming videos and they were actually a lot more fun than I expected! The kids heard me and joined me, which made it really worth it.

I have a short strength session planned for tmrw and with that I will be done for the week...might get in a extra cardio session depending on how I feel.

We are almost in Iceland, Team! Another 220 miles!
  • mbansal123
    mbansal123 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! This is mbansal123. I live in Cary, North Carolina which is known for its research triangle and its diversity. I am a student that goes to a very diverse high school and I am interested in medical research as a future career. I am a very athletic student and I am a marathon runner and martial artist. My favorite things about the fall season are that I get to spend a lot of time volunteering and running underneath the colorful trees! We are almost at our goal! GL Team!

@MissionEnforcer
  • mbansal123
    mbansal123 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @slgibbs1997 if you have an apple phone try daily water free
  • smile_laughter
    Options
    We are currently in 4th place.....we can do this Team 3! WHOOP WHOOP!!!
  • slgibbs1987
    slgibbs1987 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! Got 50 minutes in on the treadmill tonight! Also Day 4 of Water Challenge Completed! One more day left for me and I will have all the challenges finished! I have loved drinking more water. First day was a little difficult, but after a while you get used to it! Of course your bladder never seems to get used to it lol.

@mbansal123 Thanks for the suggestion, but I actually have an android! I downloaded an app to try called Water Time Pro and it seems to work pretty well. :)