Jo jo dieting

Options
2»

Replies

• MiamiDawn
    MiamiDawn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I've tried many many diets .... I've done something called the Micro Diet an infomercial in the 90's which was shakes and bars, and packaged meals that only gave me diarrhea and I took drops you add to water - I had no clue what they were, that I got from an Asian Doctor that you added to water and drank before meals - I didn't see any results. I've also done the lecithin, apple cider vinegar thing mentioned above but it was pills not a drink and I've done over the counter appetite supressants like Dexatrim, and the Ayds candies. I've done weight watchers several times with the point system and before the point system.
    It's been 40+ years of yo you dieting.
  • Bubba1922
    Bubba1922 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Years ago, I took Tenuate Dospan appetite suppressants - it was great for a while, I would spring clean the whole house in the middle of the night in two hours. I would also talk endlessly and hardly slept. I was prescribed them by a doctor operating from a grotty surgery in a grotty part of London who had an enormous Bentley parked in the front of the clinic. Part of the expensive treatment was a quick injection, it barely touch your bottom. I stopped going there when I noticed extremely skinny women queing up for the treatment. There was another sordid side to that clinic and it got closed down by the authorities.

Spent a lot of money on hypnotherapy in a posh part of London - went there with a friend - noticed that we were getting the same tapes to listen - when we were paying buckets for the personal customised treatment. Did not work.

Bought on the internet some pils who would make chocolates and cakes taste horrible so you would not want them. What was I thinking?

Wwatchers - obsessed with the points. My friend who went with me would phone me middle of the night to find out hw many points in this or that.

If I had all the money I spent on weightloss, I probably would have enough to buy a holiday home in warmer climes. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I remember sneaking a couple of my Mom's Ayds candies when she wasn't home, just because they were candy not because I was overweight. I don't remember Mom being very over weight - maybe she just wanted to lose 10 or 15. They reminded me of Kraft Caramels which I only had once in a blue moon, that's why I snuck a couple.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    I remember sneaking a couple of my Mom's Ayds candies when she wasn't home, just because they were candy not because I was overweight. I don't remember Mom being very over weight - maybe she just wanted to lose 10 or 15. They reminded me of Kraft Caramels which I only had once in a blue moon, that's why I snuck a couple.

No inverted geyser effect?
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    @RalfLott, nope, but then again I didn't eat the whole box... then Mom would have known I'd snuck them for sure, lol.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    The MasterCleanse.
    21 days on nothing but water, maple syrup, cayenne pepper and lemon juice.
    I am still amazed you can actually poop after 21 days. What is that all about? Should not be possible. One of my co-workers compared my concoction to the wee of someone who was seriously dehydrated. Who invents these crazy fads? Do they get a massive personal boost out of watching people buy into your ludicrous idea and suffer for weeks at an end?

I was close to become a cannibal, if anyone had offered me some human flesh after 20 days, I would have treated it like a ravenous zombie!

I also tried some diet pills off Ebay.... seriously guys, learn from my mistakes. Apart from being high as a kite, it killed my appetite, but can you imagine waking up at 2am with your heart racing so fast it feels like it is about to escape and run away from your body?