TEAM THREE

Options

Replies

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!! I just want to apologize for a terrible first week. I've had meetings almost every day after work which is when I usually go to the gym or run outside. And now this weekend, I have to drive to MI tomorrow for a family wedding. I hope to get some exercise minutes dancing at the reception. I drive back Sunday, and have a ton of grading I MUST finish to hand back to my students on Monday.

Good news: I got your message @HASWLRS and am now only lacking 2 friends. I just sent requests, so hopefully, they will see them and accept. I am also doing fine with the water challenge.

Bad news: I'm not going to get the drumming challenge done. As I mentioned I've had late meetings all week, and once home have had to grade because the quarter ends next week. In addition, I've had 2 minor misfortunes 1) a branch fell on my beautiful car during a storm, and 2) a windstorm blew down a portion of our fence. These were 2 different storms (gotta love Chicago weather!), and it's added to my workload to have to call insurance companies and schedule estimates.

And don't even get me started on the stress of figuring out how we are going manage the repairs. The car isn't too expensive b/c we only have a $250 deductible, but the shop needs to keep my car for 5 days. So we are stuck trying to figure out how to manage with just one car, or we have to fork over another $200 to rent a car for the week. The fence is going to cost $850, and it's all out of pocket b/c our deductible is $1000. :(

Bottom line--I really, really need to get to the gym as it is how I typically cope when I get really stressed, but I have zero time to do so.

Okay, so that's my little pity party. Sorry to be such a downer--next week will definitely be better!!! :)
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Whew... not as many Miles as i wanted this week so far but 2 of 3 challenges down.. yeah real fun drinking water at the hospital all evening! Drums tomorrow

Side note, surgery done and my little guy knee is all wrapped up but at least we are home. Hoping not to too much pain when the good drugs wear off. Nurse maid all weekend for sure... ❤

Did I mention...worrying about sending dad on the college visit this weekend!!
  • tuffgirl19
    tuffgirl19 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I completed my water challenge today- only 5pts for all that water! I just tracked mine on my daily food diary by the oz and worked for me! 117 minutes of exercise today, strength training and walking. I'll complete Drum challenge tomorrow. Y'all have a great weekend!
  • Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Yay we made it!
    so will get my workout in this morning (yesterday was no workout...work day-> so took off walking on my breaks and lunch to compensate MUST MOVE especially with a desk job)
    this evening is Banquet for the prize year-end distribution for the Horse show season that just closed=PARTY and dancing all night long with these kiddos. YES! Will imagine at some dance club in Iceland feel free to join us ;)
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    Stopping by from Team Five to offer some encouragement for everyone!

So I was doing my Saturday morning kpop fangirl thing when I came across this YouTube video of 40 toughest kpop dances (fan made, so my opinion was different).

https://youtu.be/59fwEoHmX5I

Some of the dancers look like they're weightless at how fast they move their feet.

I read an article about the rigorous kpop training industry. If you notice in interviews, the idols are very humble and grateful that they get to do their passion. And this is why:

In Korea, musicians are not 'discovered' like they are around the world. They first audition as a young teen, even so far as 12 years old for one member from BigBang.
    Once they pass the audition, they sign with a label as a 'trainee'. They then practice relentlessly dancing, singing, and acting for an average of 2-5 years before they're even allowed to debut. One member of Beast spent 7 years before his debut.

They can be cut at anytime, perform weekly for the president of the label, and are criticized constantly to weed out the 'weaklings'. The emotionally strong and determined continue to train until finally being allowed a debut.

They leave their families at an early age and move to Seoul to pursue their dreams.

After reading about how hard an entire group of people will work to obtain their dream, and even knowing over 72% will never even debut in their life, what are you going to do today to achieve your goals?

Nothing is unobtainable in life. You want to be a king? Form a monarchy.
    You want to play soccer in England? Start dribbling a ball at the park.

Make a goal, form a plan, find your passion, and do it.

Have a great day everyone.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Good morning, team. Yes, as @Cheriels82 mentioned, we are in Iceland!! Way to go! Now that doesn't mean we can stop exercising over the weekend, because we get points for every 10% over we achieve! I don't know about where you are, but it's going to be a nice fall weekend here and I plan to do some yard work and keep track of my strenuous minutes.

@skinnyjeanzbound, sorry to hear about your busy and misfortune addled week (apparently "misfortunate" isn't a word...I tried to use it!) I knew something was up, because you are a consistent exerciser and a competitor. Just goes to show how "life" really can get in the way. Enjoy your wedding, dance your face off, and here's to next week being smoother!

@sandkp, glad to hear your athlete is at home and doing well!

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    I am back from vacation and updated my exercise minutes. Water hasn't been as good as it should, which is weird since it is so dry out there. I think I likely just lost count, but since I am not sure I won't claim the 5 points. I did get in lots of hiking!!! Sounds like everyone is doing great - yay!! @HASWLRS I know where you are from, I grew up just north of Toronto, up by Georgian Bay in Grey County but my sister lived in London and used to visit down that way a lot. I love your reference on Stompin Tom, I need to go look up the song :)

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    I just got looking at the spreadsheet, and I must say there are some impressive numbers being put up and a lot (not all) of those are by the new members! Keep up the good work! Last Race, after the first week, it was pretty clear we were not going to win, but right now all teams seem to be fairly close so it is anybody's game. That being said, the difference between winning and not winning is the challenges. THE TEAM THAT DOES THE MOST CHALLENGES WILL MOST LIKELY WIN! There is still over half of the team that hasn't done the drum challenge yet. It is a good workout...it's not like you'd be wasting your time! I did all the videos in 25 minutes. Not all at once mind you; I did take breaks. So set up your drums and find three minutes here and there to do the videos one at a time over the course of the weekend. Before you know it, the challenge is done and you've got more exercise minutes to enter!
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Hi guys I started really well but have been on nights since Wednesday and my oldest son is ill so only walked my dog the last 3 days. I'm on holiday next week but we are taking remus (the dog) so still lots of walking. Loved this first week I think I am friends with everyone now and done all the challenges. Here's to a great next week. Joy
  • carlsoda
    Options
    @HASWLRS - Found my Stompin Tom song: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dcZR4Eq2E8I. He is so fun, I hear his son is touring now! My walk down memory lane is now complete....off to do some yoga! :)
  • glossysweetums
    glossysweetums Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My_Butt wrote: »
    Stopping by from Team Five to offer some encouragement for everyone!

So I was doing my Saturday morning kpop fangirl thing when I came across this YouTube video of 40 toughest kpop dances (fan made, so my opinion was different).

https://youtu.be/59fwEoHmX5I

Some of the dancers look like they're weightless at how fast they move their feet.

I read an article about the rigorous kpop training industry. If you notice in interviews, the idols are very humble and grateful that they get to do their passion. And this is why:

In Korea, musicians are not 'discovered' like they are around the world. They first audition as a young teen, even so far as 12 years old for one member from BigBang.
    Once they pass the audition, they sign with a label as a 'trainee'. They then practice relentlessly dancing, singing, and acting for an average of 2-5 years before they're even allowed to debut. One member of Beast spent 7 years before his debut.

They can be cut at anytime, perform weekly for the president of the label, and are criticized constantly to weed out the 'weaklings'. The emotionally strong and determined continue to train until finally being allowed a debut.

They leave their families at an early age and move to Seoul to pursue their dreams.

After reading about how hard an entire group of people will work to obtain their dream, and even knowing over 72% will never even debut in their life, what are you going to do today to achieve your goals?

Nothing is unobtainable in life. You want to be a king? Form a monarchy.
    You want to play soccer in England? Start dribbling a ball at the park.

Make a goal, form a plan, find your passion, and do it.

Have a great day everyone.

Yay I love there is another kpop lover in this challenge (although a different team). Love dancing to the songs and choreography is freaking awesome. Thanks for the link. I often follow along to mirrored dance practices myself and that's super fun too.
  • glossysweetums
    glossysweetums Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I've been a bit quiet the past few days. Been lacking in sleep due to my daughters lack of sleep so didn't workout until today (last day was Tuesday I believe).

Anyways challenge 1 is done and already imputed earlier this week.
    Challenge 2- needs to be done.
    Challenge 3-finished today. 5/5 days of drinking 80ozs (half my body weight) in water. So even though I wasn't able to exercise a few days at least I drank my water.
  • Dictorbutt
    Dictorbutt Posts: 2,166 Member
    Options
    Dictorbutt wrote: »
    Stats so far.

3 intro vid's- Complete!

Challenge 1- Accepted requests.
    - tagged MissionEnforcer (above)
    - gave brief description of Vegas
    Challenge 2- Complete.
    - Viking Chant vid 3X's.
    - Cardio Drumming vid x3/2x's
    ea. Done
    - tried recommended 'Emiliana
    Torrini Jungle Drum. I also went
    for about 44 min to my own
    music. I'm not positive when I
    stopped drumming and just
    broke into dancing but ...
    Challenge 3- 2/5
    100oz water/day /5 days.
    . A special Thank You! To
    whoever put the capon for the
    big guys! :)

Mon- 142
    Tues- 286

I have a new kind of rule I try now. Accept for these cpl long ones, I walk in place, do yoga stretches, or calisthenics, while I'm logging on MFP. Also while talking on the phone. I always do things here or there throughout the day but I like this twist. I added another 61 min of cardio today just catching up on reading posts. It got me going. I didn't have an hour of posts to read. Lol Half that tho.

Did I read correctly there is a 1000 pt cap per person? I can pretty much guarantee that every week. I get closer to 1400. :)

Updated stats for the week

Intro Vid's Complete!

Challenge 1- Complete!
    Challenge 2- Complete! (See above)
    Challenge 3- Complete! 5/5 days.

Mon- 142
    Tues- 284
    Wed- 225
    Thur- 197
    Fri- 119
    Sat- 202

If somebody wouldn't mind updating the spreadsheet for me please?

Thank you!
    V
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Thanks for that link, @carlsoda! I have never really listened to Stompin' Tom. I only know his Tillsonburg song because I live here now and his Good Ole' Hockey Game song from spending time in hockey arenas when my boys were younger! It's cool when you recognize all the places he mentions!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Day seven. Last day for putting numbers on the spreadsheet for week #1. If my quick perusal of the spreadsheet was accurate, we are in last place! So get out there and enjoy your Sunday and move!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Yikes! Ok adding in extra walking today!!
  • TangledThread
    TangledThread Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Day seven. Last day for putting numbers on the spreadsheet for week #1. If my quick perusal of the spreadsheet was accurate, we are in last place! So get out there and enjoy your Sunday and move!

Thanks for the heads up. I went and looked and it's the challenge points that are making and breaking the teams rankings. I did half of the drumming throughout the week and I'll be sure and finish that up today.

I always start out with the attitude of "taking one for the team" and then end up enjoying them. @hawkins410 does a great job choosing the videos.

Yesterday, was the only day this week that I didn't hit the water goal so 5 days are done and today will be the 6th.
  • Dictorbutt
    Dictorbutt Posts: 2,166 Member
    Options
    Dictorbutt wrote: »
    Stats so far.

3 intro vid's- Complete!

Challenge 1- Accepted requests.
    - tagged MissionEnforcer (above)
    - gave brief description of Vegas
    Challenge 2- Complete.
    - Viking Chant vid 3X's.
    - Cardio Drumming vid x3/2x's
    ea. Done
    - tried recommended 'Emiliana
    Torrini Jungle Drum. I also went
    for about 44 min to my own
    music. I'm not positive when I
    stopped drumming and just
    broke into dancing but ...
    Challenge 3- 2/5
    100oz water/day /5 days.
    . A special Thank You! To
    whoever put the capon for the
    big guys! :)

Mon- 142
    Tues- 286

I have a new kind of rule I try now. Accept for these cpl long ones, I walk in place, do yoga stretches, or calisthenics, while I'm logging on MFP. Also while talking on the phone. I always do things here or there throughout the day but I like this twist. I added another 61 min of cardio today just catching up on reading posts. It got me going. I didn't have an hour of posts to read. Lol Half that tho.

Did I read correctly there is a 1000 pt cap per person? I can pretty much guarantee that every week. I get closer to 1400. :)

Uh oh, I don't see my post from last night. :/ I seem to recall this happening a time or two last race. Grr! Will repost.

3 videos- Complete

Challenge 1- Complete!
    Challenge 2- Complete! (See above)
    Challenge 3- Complete! 5/5

Mon- 142
    Tues- 284
    Wed- 225
    Thur- 197
    Fri- 119
    Sat- 202

If someone could please update the spreadsheet for me please?

Thank you
    V
  • smile_laughter
    smile_laughter Posts: 3,680 Member
    Options
    Ughhh....don't want to be in last place. :( I did 0 workout yesterday, but I have already done 120 minutes today. When my honey leaves for work tonight, I might jump on the treadmill for one last go at minutes. I am looking forward to seeing what the challenge is for week 2. I am going to try to commit to every Monday morning to do the challenge (well...to start it, depending on if it is a multiple day challenge).

Team 3 is the team to be!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    F.Y.I @smile_laughter and the rest of the team....I know there is dancing on the docket for next week. Clarice posted "practice dancing" on her exercise journal!